ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
One of a kind customs rule, unless you are color blind!
Post a reply

Re: mask project

Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:08 am

Looks great Jeff.
He's got real personality.
Look forward to seeing more photos.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:43 am

Wow! Very cool!

Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:53 am

bansheebot wrote:I can honestly say I'm more excited about this guy than pretty much any Japanese sofubi right now.

Seriously can't fucking wait. He's already looking great and I'm sure it'll only get better! Here's hoping for a clear version!

This message made my day when I read it, what a great compliment.

Here's another pic of the very rough clay mock-up...

Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:59 pm

I did some up in a style reminiscent of the Ben Cooper masks from the 1970's/80's. Florescent paints, matte finish (the matte clearcoat was just applied in the pic), overspray and crude details. These will be at the Low Life Gallery in Cleveland in about 5 days.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:06 am

Oh I like these! Much more fun in a Pop-Art/cartoon sort of way than the TK2 version. The "crude" details and pink mouth are welcome additions. He will look great next to the TK2 one.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:51 pm

thanks! Painting these things is a blast. I still have a bunch of blanks that I want to send out to SB members to paint. I haven't been using an airbrush, just spray cans and masking stencils with a little brushwork. It would be interesting to see what you guys come up with.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Totally digging the green masks!!! I can't wait to get one of these masks (any color) on my wall!
I'm afraid I missed the ones at TK2 due to some overspending :( :( :(

Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Pink and green is pretty much my favorite color combination. Love 'em!

Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:45 pm

Jeff I NEED one of those for realz!

Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:45 pm

oo man these are soo cool!

Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:21 am

Greasebat wrote:Image

I did some up in a style reminiscent of the Ben Cooper masks from the 1970's/80's. Florescent paints, matte finish (the matte clearcoat was just applied in the pic), overspray and crude details. These will be at the Low Life Gallery in Cleveland in about 5 days.

These look awesome. I'm a big fan of the old Ben Cooper masks.
Post a reply