ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
One of a kind customs rule, unless you are color blind!
Post a reply

Re: Update 2-22-11! Bagman, PumkinBrain, Rangeas, BEMON!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:21 am

Thrash-Out Bemon!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:44 pm

:shock:

Amazing! Gotta love the Thrashout colors!

Re: Update 2-22-11! Bagman, PumkinBrain, Rangeas!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:56 pm

hellopike wrote:

Man, this one came out great! Super-fun colors and excellent execution. I love how it's bright without being shiny/sparkly.

Awesome work, Phil. Definitely inspirational! 8)

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:57 pm

:x boxes with Xs...cant wait to see these when i get home tonight.

8)

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:25 pm

:shock: Mmmmm... You do amazing work here! I love the colors on the Rangeas figures and that Thrash-out style Bemon!?!?!.. Incredible! That is one gorgeous bemon!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:34 pm

That BEMON should be production !!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:54 pm

Rich wrote:That BEMON should be production !!

^ This! :D I totally agree!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:59 pm

Phil is the Rangeas king. I gotta get one someday.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:54 pm

Nice Bemon!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:45 am

I love that rangeas, the black base makes the colors pop, very clean as usual.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:10 am

dustin wrote:
hellopike wrote:

Man, this one came out great! Super-fun colors and excellent execution. I love how it's bright without being shiny/sparkly.

Thanks Dustin! Sparkly is nice, but I think some other folks have cornered that market.. ;)

Mecha wrote::x boxes with Xs...cant wait to see these when i get home tonight.

8)

What did you think when you got home man?!

EtR_Wolf wrote::shock: Mmmmm... You do amazing work here! I love the colors on the Rangeas figures and that Thrash-out style Bemon!?!?!.. Incredible! That is one gorgeous bemon!

Thank you! I can't take the blame for the Bemon- its owner asked for Thrashout colors. And Rich, as far as I'm concerned, your Bemon: Image should be a production piece.

gatchabert wrote:Phil is the Rangeas king. I gotta get one someday.

Whoo Hoo! I'm the Rangeas King! I'd be more then happy to paint any and all Rangeas sent my way... but thats the thing- No one sends me any. On the occasion that I can get one (they seem to be drying up) I usually paint it up for my collection.

Phil

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:16 am

we use IE at work...sometimes i can see pix, most of the time they're boxes with red Xs in them. i cant see those until i get to my pc at home.

the bagman and brain are SICK btw!!

hellopike wrote:
dustin wrote:
hellopike wrote:

Thanks Dustin! Sparkly is nice, but I think some other folks have cornered that market.. ;)

Mecha wrote::x boxes with Xs...cant wait to see these when i get home tonight.

8)

What did you think when you got home man?!

EtR_Wolf wrote::shock: Mmmmm... You do amazing work here! I love the colors on the Rangeas figures and that Thrash-out style Bemon!?!?!.. Incredible! That is one gorgeous bemon!

Thank you! I can't take the blame for the Bemon- its owner asked for Thrashout colors. And Rich, as far as I'm concerned, your Bemon: Image should be a production piece.

gatchabert wrote:Phil is the Rangeas king. I gotta get one someday.

Whoo Hoo! I'm the Rangeas King! I'd be more then happy to paint any and all Rangeas sent my way... but thats the thing- No one sends me any. On the occasion that I can get one (they seem to be drying up) I usually paint it up for my collection.

Phil

Re: Update 3-9-11 Armored Chaos Gifter!

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:31 am

I painted this for my impending trip to Japan as a gift for the man Mori! Its a simple paintjob, but I like it, and I hope he does too.

thanks for looking!
Phil

Re: Update 3-9-11 Armored Chaos Gifter!

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:27 am

Faaaaaantastic! The green reminds me of one of the earlier Chaosmen, and the armor looks great. Very clean and effective. I'm sure he will love it. When you get there, try and put it next to my Mutant Head so they can be green buddies :P

Re: Update 3-28-11 SKullBrain/SkullOctopus!

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:00 am

I wasn't 100% happy with the Pumpkin Brain I did earlier, so I went back and changed most of it and turned it into a Skullbrain.

CUSTOM SKULLOCTOPUS TO HAUNT YOUR DREAMS!

phil

Re: Hellopike Paints!

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:26 am

what do you think?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:07 pm

hellopike wrote:Image

Nice. Everything on this one just works. Well done, Phil!

Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:45 pm

You're missing all that metallic colors and super glittery gloss coatings ;) :lol:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:12 pm

i don't like this sculpt, but i just love the way its green hand turned out.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:21 pm

The colors are super smooth on the Skulloctopus, but it feels like it's missing a trim or 'pop' color. The other two are, as previously noted, spectacular. The Akro looks like he has a real story behind him, and I would love to see a fullsize suit in those Dokuro King colors.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Prometheum5 wrote:The colors are super smooth on the Skulloctopus, but it feels like it's missing a trim or 'pop' color. The other two are, as previously noted, spectacular. The Akro looks like he has a real story behind him, and I would love to see a fullsize suit in those Dokuro King colors.

Skullocto is missing some contrast.
Akro is like the long lost brother of the MEvil I painted years ago (because of the glowing hand). I'm also not a fan of Akro but nice to see painted ones.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:13 pm

gatchabert wrote:You're missing all that metallic colors and super glittery gloss coatings ;) :lol:

:)

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Thanks everybody, I've repainted that Dokurocks about 7 times maybe I'll leave it alone now. ;) The Akro is a cyborg (hence the robotic arm and head bits) and maybe be a spaceship captain of some sort... The Skullo, well someone asked for those colors, and in real life there's much more dark bits and some metallic blue-green here and there. I had fun painting them all.

Phil

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:40 pm

that Bemon is stupendous! i agree with the production piece votes too.

sick work as usual Phil.

Tue May 10, 2011 6:12 am

There are some really good painters here.
Post a reply