ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
One of a kind customs rule, unless you are color blind!
Post a reply

Re: Toph's customs

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:59 am

Not only are Toph's prices amazing but his custom work is insane! I highly recommend people get your figures painted by him if you have any that you want commissioned.

Super easy to work with and a seriously nice guy!

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:28 pm

wizeguy wrote:Not only are Toph's prices amazing but his custom work is insane! I highly recommend people get your figures painted by him if you have any that you want commissioned.

I agree 100%. I have several things by him, most were commissioned.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:04 pm

fett42 wrote:
wizeguy wrote:Not only are Toph's prices amazing but his custom work is insane! I highly recommend people get your figures painted by him if you have any that you want commissioned.

I agree 100%. I have several things by him, most were commissioned.

Very grateful for your endorsements, Thank you both!

Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:35 pm

I wanted that Mothra but someone beat me to it. I have yet to acquire a vinyl Mothra larva.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:12 pm

Back scratcher kaiju

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:16 pm

Very tricky figure to paint, imo.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:21 am

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:46 am

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:11 pm

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:05 pm

Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:36 am

Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:54 pm

The Namegon in Rainbow looks great !

Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:47 pm

SImply WOW

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:03 am

That Stinky Ginger and Diabolos are to die for.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:43 am

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:42 pm

with these being 1offs and not production runs, i think you should really try to complicate your paint apps more man.
some of these are very flat. Specifically the black and silver guy below the napnapnap, its just black and silver. big missed opportunity for some fancy spray work with all those textures IMO. sometimes you have more going on and it works so much better like on the dead baby thing. other times it seems like you treat a sculpt like a coloring book. On such large figs like the dorobon and the baltan i think you could be doing soo much more than having large areas painted a solid color .
i think that you could produce much more impressive stuff if youd push yourself.
You've obviously got a lot of technical skill when it comes to painting and can pull off smooth gradients, why not take it further?

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:32 pm

EVOM wrote:with these being 1offs and not production runs, i think you should really try to complicate your paint apps more man.
some of these are very flat. Specifically the black and silver guy below the napnapnap, its just black and silver. big missed opportunity for some fancy spray work with all those textures IMO. sometimes you have more going on and it works so much better like on the dead baby thing. other times it seems like you treat a sculpt like a coloring book. On such large figs like the dorobon and the baltan i think you could be doing soo much more than having large areas painted a solid color .
i think that you could produce much more impressive stuff if youd push yourself.
You've obviously got a lot of technical skill when it comes to painting and can pull off smooth gradients, why not take it further?

Thanks for your comments, I would agree with you.

I do try to push myself and experiment, but I am extremely particular with the quality of my work. I hate, bad lined, dryspots, spatter marks, scratches, rub-marks, etc, cant stand that stuff and will start a figure over from scratch if I'm not happy with it.

That being said i am sure I've made some very "safe" paint choices because of my perfectionism. Also i have been asked to paint some very particular schemes.

I did add lots more color to the figure you mentioned.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:49 pm

A new boring but perfect custom :D

Sat May 03, 2014 6:56 pm

Keep posting, I find your use of bright colors really refreshing. And don't be scared to break out of your comfort zone! You might be surprised with the finished result. :)

Tue May 13, 2014 11:32 am

Thu May 15, 2014 5:53 am

Post a reply