ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 4:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Toph's customs 
Toy Prince

Post Re: Toph's customs
Looks great !

Sun May 18, 2014 7:37 pm
Comment King

Love that Squalone, but for what ever reason those colors are making me hungry! :oops:

Tue May 20, 2014 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

Fri May 30, 2014 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

These JJs look unfinished. You should do more to them..
I think you shoul take the time you spent on all four and spend it on one. Push iit!!!
What do you have to lose? Thats what acetone is for.

WANTED:
BUTANOHANA / Gargamel

Fri May 30, 2014 7:21 pm
Vintage

I have to agree. I just don't see any vision or anything executed in these. I am sure you probably spent a long time on them, but they don't feel there. You should plan out more beforehand and come up with a concept or overall design for the figure, not just "these colours." I honestly think if you are going to just go with such simple patterns and colours like these, you are better off sticking to platform toys. You are losing all the excellent sculpting detail and character of these JJs. And one is okay, but four? Kinda killing it for other M1 fans.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Fri May 30, 2014 7:32 pm
Team Tsubu

To each his own, not to my tastes, if you don't have anything nice to say...

Fuck that! All those poor toys! I quite honestly feel sick to my stomach after having taken my first tour through these hateful pages - every single toy in here, even the ones I don't much care for, are completely and absolutely ruined! I feel like I've just witnessed a murder spree. Barely exaggerating here. I have nothing productive to say at all.

Stay away from M1, man. Keep your mitts off of PK. Stand down on B-Club, for fuck's sake. Sorry Rich. Sorry, Joe. None of this had to happen.

If only there was a button I could push to keep the world from selling you any more vinyl. I want to go out and get an estrogen shot so I can cry. So much crime here. There outta be a law.

Feel free to scroll through my posts - you won't find a single similarly dickish comment in all forty-three hundred of them.

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Flickr one and Flickr two

Fri May 30, 2014 8:21 pm
Toy Prince

I suppose I should explain that these (JJ's) were sent to me to be painted all specificly like they are. Some people have very precicse paint schemes in mind and enjoy my style.

Last edited by topher on Fri May 30, 2014 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 30, 2014 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

Fri May 30, 2014 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

My UU Run in Hyper Hobby :)

Last edited by topher on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 30, 2014 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

The one eyed little dinosaurs look cool to me ! :D

Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:51 am
Team Tsubu

^ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43114

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:01 am
Toy Prince

Funny...I like everything I'm seeing here. This is one M1-GO fan that appreciates the effort.

Shame about all the pretentious 'my toy tastes are better than yours' douchebaggery around here...really saps my enthusiasm for the community.

Jet Jaguar Want List

Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:56 am
Vintage

Take it easy superfan. No one hear is saying anything of the sort. I think actually people were trying to offer constructive feedback on Toph's customs. Especially coming from other extremely skilled painters, I would have thought this was welcome. And let's be honest, if you are going to come to a forum for toy fans and start a thread showcasing your own customs of painted toys, but not be open to criticism on the same, well then, you are being pretty naive.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:13 pm
S7 Royalty

I think honest critiques are helpful to artists. which is what me and ultrakaiju have given.
as for toothaction, I dont see that his post is anymore pretentious than saying you like it. same thing, an opinion.
he just had too much nerd rage to be able to give the reasons why he doesnt like tophers work. :)

WANTED:
BUTANOHANA / Gargamel

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:13 pm
Die-Cast

jetJagger wrote:
Funny...I like everything I'm seeing here.

YIKES!!
jetJagger wrote:
Shame about all the pretentious 'my toy tastes are better than yours' douchebaggery around here...

Your 'toy tastes' have been rendered moot by your first statement
jetJagger wrote:
really saps my enthusiasm for the community.

Whiny lurkers and sucky customs just feed mine! :twisted:

Last edited by Anti Social Andy on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:24 pm
Team Tsubu

I didn't have anything productive to say in my comment and said as much right in there, and I at no point criticized the toys themselves. If we're looking for exclusively positive feedback here, I'd say that this hobbyist's style of painting would be right at at home on speedboats and the gas tanks of motorcycles. I'm sure that there's a good bit of money in that sort of pursuit.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:24 pm
Toy Prince

Edit: I'll leave this out of Topher's thread.

Jet Jaguar Want List

Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:08 pm
Toy Prince

I enjoy peoples critiques, negative positive, whatever.

People telling me what i should do and how i should be painting toys is fine, not that i will take their advise.

toothactions comment/rant was mean. His use of foul language, telling me what toys to stay away from, saying my custom work is hateful, etc is ridiculous.

There is room in this world for a "me".

Who can paint a Mecha Greasebat better than me? Nobody as of yet. Or am i mistaken?

Should i spray loose Olive green, burnt orange with tan and a bit of Sea foam? No. its not my style, and i don't need to be pigeon holed into the SAME STYLE AS EVERYBODY ELSE, but thanks for the advise.

Why do all toy painters need to be the same? Please let me know.

Toothaction has since attempted to justify his assholeishness by saying he could not control himself, and that i could look at that as a compliment.

I have since told him to fuck himself .

I will not stop, and will only change at my own pace.

I've received compliments from almost every toy maker who's toys I've painted.

Mark N, Brian F, PK, BP, Rich, gargamel, Touma, Luke, Jeff L, Uamou, Kozik, Splurrt, Rampage, Butcherbrand, TTToy Etc.

Hasn't D-Lux already been through all this.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Die-Cast

topher wrote:
I enjoy peoples critiques, negative positive, whatever.

People telling me what i should do and how i should be painting toys is fine, not that i will take their advise.

toothactions comment/rant was mean. His use of foul language, telling me what toys to stay away from, saying my custom work is hateful, etc is ridiculous.

There is room in this world for a "me".

Who can paint a Mecha Greasebat better than me? Nobody as of yet. Or am i mistaken?

Should i spray loose Olive green, burnt orange with tan and a bit of Sea foam? No. its not my style, and i don't need to be pigeon holed into the SAME STYLE AS EVERYBODY ELSE, but thanks for the advise.

Why do all toy painters need to be the same? Please let me know.

Toothaction has since attempted to justify his assholeishness by saying he could not control himself, and that i could look at that as a compliment.

I have since told him to fuck himself .

I will not stop, and will only change at my own pace.

I've received compliments from almost every toy maker who's toys I've painted.

Mark N, Brian F, PK, BP, Rich, gargamel, Touma, Luke, Jeff L, Uamou, Kozik, Splurrt, Rampage, Butcherbrand, TTToy Etc.

Hasn't D-Lux already been through all this.

Quoted because it's priceless and highly likely to be edited when the paint fumes wear off!

Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:33 pm
Team Tsubu

^ Canny move, Andy! I'd hate for his delightful musings - including his endearing misrepresentation of our little PM exchange - to be lost to time or revision.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:40 pm
Toy Prince

Glad I could entertain you andy.

Shall I just post pics of our exchange Tooth?

No need to edit the absolute truth.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Team Tsubu

topher wrote:
Glad I could entertain you andy.

Shall I just post pics of our exchange Tooth?

No need to edit the absolute truth.
Well you'd have to edit in the part about your telling me to [use of foul language] myself, as you didn't bother to respond to my last reply with anything, let alone a directive; and you'd also be exposing to the community what I actually said - and that would in no way bolster what you claim above. I can't be responsible for your own interpretations.

Personally I think we should just put this to bed, but feel free to take it back to PM with me.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:52 pm
Toy Prince

Its precisely what you said.

I have been obviously Trolled, and feel yucky.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

toothaction wrote:
It's not that I imagine, or implied, that you aren't kind to children, love your mom, pay your bills, etc, it's just that what you've done to other people's art makes me very sad. Scrolling through the thread produced a very strong reaction in me, which could be argued as as a good thing if art it meant to provoke.

If you want to insult me, please feel free to do it in public. Or here in PM land. Wherever works.

- David

Why would i respond to this!

How it feel to be a liar and a troll.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Team Tsubu

Fine, I'll play for a minute -

A few hours after my initial comment:
topher wrote:
Jesus Christ dude! way to be a 1st class prick, asshole.
toothaction wrote:
Why are you just saying this to me now? Seemed you were responding to me within your thread 3 hours ago with a calm and reasonable tone.

- David
topher wrote:
Because you went overboard, hurt my feelings, deserve this kind of response, and I'm still thinking about it.

Dickhead.
toothaction wrote:
It's not that I imagine, or implied, that you aren't kind to children, love your mom, pay your bills, etc, it's just that what you've done to other people's art makes me very sad. Scrolling through the thread produced a very strong reaction in me, which could be argued as as a good thing if art is meant to provoke.

If you want to insult me, please feel free to do it in public. Or here in PM land. Wherever works.

- David
Followed by silence.

Until you trolled my wants thread, that is:
topher wrote:
I feel the need to hunt these down and paint rainbows on them. :twisted:

And now this bit of fun.

Near as I can tell I didn't express remorse, except the remorse that I felt when looking at the pictures in this thread, and I guess I needed to throw a winking smiley face in there after my line about the provocative nature about art - it amused me to type it, I'm sorry if my stab at dry wit didn't work for you.

Did you find the part where you've since told me to [use of foul language] myself? There's still time.

Last edited by toothaction on Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:19 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next