ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
They save the best for LASK!
Post a reply

Who was the best singer in 'Maiden:

Paul Dianno
21%
Bruce Dickinson
79%
That bloke from Wolfsbane (Blaze Bayley?)
No votes
Someone else
No votes

Total votes : 14

Ironmaiden: Who's best poll

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:30 pm

Like the title says, who's best?

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:34 pm

Ah this is sooooooo hard!! I have to say I love the first 2 Maiden albums the best, but also love Bruce. I will vote a little later. Much thinking to be done on this.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:57 pm

Bruce wins it just for sheer volume and longevity.

But Killers and Iron Maiden are classic.

I stopped paying attention after Power Slave but I'd seen 'em at least a time or two by then.

I picked up a pic disk set of Brave New World in trade at a record store when it first came out. Okay but nothing really amazing.

They played in Seattle (Tacoma, actually) and I didn't go. Some peeps
that did said Maiden played primarily new material and only a bare handfull of classics...I would have been bummed.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:00 pm

Chad Hensley wrote:They played in Seattle (Tacoma, actually) and I didn't go. Some peeps
that did said Maiden played primarily new material and only a bare handfull of classics...I would have been bummed.

Me too!

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:10 pm

The last good album for mine is Seventh Son...
The best are indeed Killers and Iron Maiden. Killers was my first intro to Maiden.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:41 pm

I love me some heavy metal Madens ASSnougats for sure !
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=15578234
All the other heshian shit is for Mc FARLANIE toy fans.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:01 pm

Heshian Hater!

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:12 pm

Ah forgive me my Left Hand Path friend < fiend :twisted: ?!>
I am just a hater because I can not fit my porkly body into my Fake Lamb skin Jean Jacket. Even if I did fit into it. ME MUM Put it thru the wash and killed my MadeIN Japan back panel patch!
:cry: weap, weep, boo huh! :cry:

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:32 pm

wha?

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:43 pm

does this URL have a douche magnet attached to it?

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:25 am

I voted Dianno. :lol:

I don't mind Bruce but my favourite albums are the first two. And Blaze is seriously underated.

Maiden tend not to play many early songs unless its been in the set-list for years. They played a lot of older stuff on the last tour but only because it was specifically a 'classics' tour.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:33 am

i clicked bruce...he is rock and roll attitude. :evil:

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:56 am

devilboy wrote:i clicked bruce...he is rock and roll attitude. :evil:

He's a Pilot and professional fencer :?

This is rock!!

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:49 am

The Classic Albums documentary on Number of the Beast was on TV last week. It was really interesting, but a little too much dickinson. Despite his over the top ways and feather mask, i think that bruce is still the best iron maiden had for what they were. Dianno was really edgy and great too, but i think that maiden grew out of him; he couldn't have done what dickinson did in the albums following dianno's departure.

That being said, i think it was a lot of dickinson the lead to the demise of maiden (besides the tastes of fans moving to heavier faster stuff). His writing on somewhere in time and seventh son, where i think they really took a turn, was pretty cheesy and crappy.

Maiden did leave a great legacy though. Piece of Mind has to be one of the greatest albums of that era, along with number of the beast.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:29 am

Gotta go old school . . . Dianno was the original and best. Dickinson shoulda stuck it out with Samson instead of jumping ship! :evil:

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:37 am

I like it when Brice Dickinson asked Blue Oyster Cult to add more cowbell.

Truly a defining moment in rock history.
Post a reply