ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
They save the best for LASK!
Post a reply

The Raid

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:03 pm

I need to get to the ArcLight this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkULMOFpuCo

Re: The Raid

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Movie from Indonesia directed by Gareth Evans (Wales)
Hope all of you enjoy it. Planning to watch the movie tomorrow.....

Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:10 am

my friend and I were waiting for more theaters to pick it up, only showing on one screen in NYC for us east coasters.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:01 am

As with any foreign movie it's going to get a very limited run. But I think this is a must see for big screen. Next I am hoping Fling Swords of Dragon Gate gets a state side release as well.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:41 pm

not what i expected, but totally worth the wait. fantastic movie.

Tue May 01, 2012 5:55 pm

This movie is absolutely fantastic, best action flick I have EVER seen and worth every penny of my admission - and thats not something I can say for many films these days. If you are waiting to watch this one in the comfort of your home... DON"T! This is one that deserves the full theater experience (if anything, JUST too hear the gasps of other audience members)!!!

Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 pm

*minor spoiler alert*

the entire audience broke out in spontaneous cheering at the end. this movie deserves to be seen in a theater full of people.

Sat May 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Maddie and I watched this movie on Thursday. So glad we got to see it in theaters. It reminded me a lot of the original Ong Bak.

It was quite funny, cause it was only us and two other people there during the screening. More than likely it was only because everybody else were there for the midnight screenings of Avengers.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:14 pm

I went into this movie with very high hopes, and I know everyone loves it and it has tons of hype but i was totally let down.
Some of the fighting was very well done but other times it was 5 min of kicking each other in a 5X5 room. The camera has so much wiggle to it I felt seasick at times. I went with my normal movie crew guys who like to talk about the movie in the parking lot for an hour post movie, but after the movie we all just shrugged our shoulders and went home. Don't get me wrong.. the movie worth seeing and has some great parts, but as a whole it just did not work for me.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:11 am

I think the hype was greater than the film, but I did enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_z3EBalwI4

claycat's take on Raid: Redemption

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:14 am

The movie was had it's good moments. I'm not too much of an action movie junkie, but a couple of my friends are and they loved it.

Also, I just watched the trailer for the new Judge Dredd movie. Something seems a little all too familiar in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PifvRiHVSCY
Last edited by Mike Like Bike on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:15 am

^ i thought the exact same thing when i first saw the dredd trailer.
Post a reply