ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
They save the best for LASK!
Post a reply

Re: EVERYONE KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED

Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:46 pm

...my condolences stinkupuss. So so so lame. Any collector's worst nightmare.

So good yr having success with yr Sherlock style investigation at least...

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 pm

666doll wrote:
mondocoyote wrote:
stinkupuss wrote:Paid out the ass at Amoeba to get a tiny percentage of my records back.

This is fucked up... possession of stolen goods is a crime in itself.

It is indeed, can be confiscated at the buyers expense as well. On another note, whenever I've sold things like records, books, and the ilk I have always had to sign something with the stuff line listed and contact info. That should help find the culprit. Of course you have to show proof it's yours... and that probably is an almost impossibility.

I was wondering about this. Amoeba are huge, and should not be accepting stolen goods or even want to be implicated in that - they should be returning your records to you, not having you pay for them.

Scott - did you tell them they were stolen? Paying is adding insult to major injury.

Thieves suck. You know Colin very well, and he went through this many times in london - when his place was repeatedly broken into by local thugs. Gets depressing.

Last question - what are the strage place doing about this? The whole point of storage places is security, cameras, alarm systems and access codes.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:44 pm

I'm with Carl! Amoeba shouldn't make you pay for your stuff. Then they are profiting off of stolen goods, and I don't see how a corp. company can do that. They should go after the guy that they took proper information and ID from and help you out!

Hopefully it's formalities and they'll refund you if and when everything is resolved!

shitty this happened to you Scott.... You're a good dude!

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:28 am

Feel totally devastated reading all this Scott.
And I'm half a world away. Can only imagine what it's been like.

I'm facing having to put much of my own gear into a storage set up and this has certainly taken the wind out of me for that.
I was already iffy about doing it in the first place, now... :x

I'm glad to hear you're making some progress in getting gear back and tracking the culprit.
Can not believe Amoeba. At the very least they should be holding the items until resolved - I can't understand how they could charge for them to be returned. They'd have to be insured for such things. And the Storage guys...

All the best with it mate.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:14 pm

sorry to hear about this, this really put a hurting on my day today, so I can only imagine what you are feeling. thieves suck.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:44 pm

This shit sucks. I hope justice is served.

Might go without saying, but you may want to comb through Craigslist and backpage listings.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:50 pm

Terrible news - very sorry to hear of this Scott :(

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:36 am

I went through a similar ordeal years ago with sneakers. There are some people out there that are just pieces of shit. Hope everything works out.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:15 am

so sorry to hear..
hopefully your leads can take you to this scumbag and the rest of your belongings will all be there waiting for you.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:35 pm

That seems real douchey of Amoeba to sell you back your own stolen goods.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:17 am

Damn man, talk about shitty. Toy wise, tomorrow is Frank and Sons and that seems like a good place to unload stolen stuff to me. Might be worth a look. What kind of toys are gone? I'll be down in Anaheim at some shops and I'll be happy to keep a look out.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:17 am

:( oh man...so sorry to hear this possibly someone who knows u?

Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Holy shit! So sorry to hear this happened.. Too many scumbags in this world.
Makes me want to go check on my unit in hollywood.. Does meltdown buy "used" comics? They may be a place to check or notify.
I know, I don't know you but I'm in LA this week if there's any way I can help, let me know. I used to know some kids who worked at Amoeba, who knows if they're still there though
Hope you find this piece of shit!
Post a reply