ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
They save the best for LASK!
Post a reply

DCON?

Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:05 pm

whats goin on with dcon?

whos going? when do tickets go on sale? anyone want to meet up? anything cool going on around that time?

Re: DCON?

Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:16 pm

never heard of it

Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:06 pm

According to the website, DCon will be November 21-22, and ticket sales are TBA 2015... Which totally isn't helpful at all. :oops: Wonder why they haven't started selling tickets yet, especially since NYCC tickets went like hotcakes. I'd imagine there's quite a few people who missed the NYCC tickets who are dying to attend DCon instead.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:53 pm

Cant wait. Ill be there, and sharing a table with slaveXone!

Also with past experience, you can just show up and get a ticket the day of.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:49 am

I'll be there both days. Let me know if you need help scoring anything.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:57 pm

just seems kind of rough there aren't tickets for people who gotta come from a distance. someone said something along the lines of SDCC becoming less and less feasible for people so DCON is getting more popular for the community. would suck to arrive and it's actually sold out. would also be nice for the overall scene but you know what I mean

I'm actually moving out of state now, so I won't be able to make it sadly! missing yet another year..wanted to offer mule service too, haha. my friend got a hotel for the weekend and everything (cause he works at the Westin here in long beach.)

hellscrape wrote:I'll be there both days. Let me know if you need help scoring anything.

rad!

Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:20 pm

hellscrape wrote:I'll be there both days. Let me know if you need help scoring anything.

Really awesome of you, I'll let you know if there's any cash in my wallet that needs liberating. :lol: for now money's pretty tight, haha.

Now when oh when will we get an east coast equivalent of DCon... One can dream!

Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:03 pm

^^^^^

I'm sure you have hotels in your area and places to rent tables... Git'on it

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:56 am

2015 vendor list was finally released a few days ago: http://www.designercon.com/vendor-list/

Tickets will be available "soon" :roll: according to a recent tweet...

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:40 am

So it is official, Gargamel will be there, so awesome!

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:27 pm

I'm thrilled that Gargamel will be represented this year! I was never able to make it to SDCC in years past so I'd love to pick up a hand painted toy from them. Fingers crossed for a Miborah!

Unfortunately it looks like Real Head, Uamou and many of the other Japanese vendors aren't on the list this year... Meeting them last year was a major highlight for me, but I'm sure it was an expensive trip for them. I'm glad to have had the opportunity.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:23 pm

Venture wrote:Unfortunately it looks like Real Head, Uamou and many of the other Japanese vendors aren't on the list this year...
Major bummer :( I'm hoping to see more releases from Japanese artists through other exhibitors as we get closer to the show. We'll see...

I just finished skimming the vendor list, here's a few vendors I'm excited about that others on the board might be interested in as well:

AnimeJungle
    Nama Nilla
    Cometdebris
    Critical Hit
    DeKorner
    Gargamel / Misty Fog Toys
    GUNNZO
    Rampage Toys
    Krotpong Industries
    Lulubell Toy Bodega
    Miscreation Toys
    Bwana Spoons
    The GodBeast
    Onell Design
    Paul Kaiju
    Refreshment Toy / Pop Soda
    SLAVExONE / UnAffiliated
    Toy Art Gallery
    Unbox Industries

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:38 am

That is a bummer about RxH, Uamou, and the other Japanese artists present last year and missing this year. But I had a feeling Gargamel would be at Dcon, as their absence at SDCC insinuated. I understand that it may be more a labor of love than actual profit to come out for a weekend, and I appreciate that they were able to come out last year. Maybe they will all have a presence at the Refreshment booth? Here's hoping...

Either way, I'm sure the toy account will be well depleted after the weekend!

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:56 pm

hellscrape wrote:That is a bummer about RxH, Uamou, and the other Japanese artists present last year and missing this year. But I had a feeling Gargamel would be at Dcon, as their absence at SDCC insinuated. I understand that it may be more a labor of love than actual profit to come out for a weekend, and I appreciate that they were able to come out last year. Maybe they will all have a presence at the Refreshment booth? Here's hoping...

Either way, I'm sure the toy account will be well depleted after the weekend!

I asked Uomou if she is coming to Dcon, she confirmed she will, so I assume the whole Japanese crew is coming :D

Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:14 am

Just realized tickets were on sale. Just picked mine up, this year should be amazing.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:12 am

drybones69 wrote:Just realized tickets were on sale. Just picked mine up, this year should be amazing.

Thanks for the tip. Looks like tickets went on sale a few days ago. Just purchased mine as well. Definitely getting excited!!

Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:28 pm

Thanks for the update! 2 day tickets purchased!!! WOOHOO!

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:57 pm

FYI, Skull Toys / Real Head are now on the vendor list, as is Studio Uamou.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:41 pm

Rich just posted...there will be NO MVH at Dcon! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:05 pm

Don't worry guys, I've stepped in to take Rich's spot at D-con alongside Paul Kaiju, and save the con. You're welcome :!:

J/K, of course it would have been epic, all 3 of us together. Get well Rich!

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:12 pm

JoeMan wrote:Don't worry guys, I've stepped in to take Rich's spot at D-con alongside Paul Kaiju, and save the con. You're welcome :!:

Awesome! I don't feel that bad anymore :D

Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:21 pm

dago wrote:
JoeMan wrote:Don't worry guys, I've stepped in to take Rich's spot at D-con alongside Paul Kaiju, and save the con. You're welcome :!:

Awesome! I don't feel that bad anymore :D

I might even have some red vinyl on hand to cheer you up.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Yay! Hope to meet you joe and get my hands on some goodies

Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:04 pm

See ya there!

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:52 am

Booth numbers and floor map have been released!

So, what's everybody excited for??? I'm mostly just excited to be making the trip out. Also, happy to see some more sofubi vendors/artists added to the list.
Post a reply