ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Super7 news and shop announcements
Post a reply

Re: 12 Midnight 12.31

Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:51 pm

Thanks everyone who snagged the Keep Watch Mummy Boy!

S7 and Mishka have been crossing paths now for some time, carrying each others gear and nerding out about a lot of the same stuff. Old timers will recall this killer collab tee from Lamour Supreme a good four years ago..

more to come!

Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:14 pm

Purple Bat wrote:It's a Smurf flipping the bird!

I'd have been all over that one! :lol:

Just didn't have it in me to stay up til 3am here for the big reveal...
The collab seems to have worked out well, congrats to both parties involved.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:45 pm

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Keep Watch Mummy Boy in a vibrant, neon colorway!

Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:34 pm

magillagorilla wrote:and the toy looks deliberate.

brainers who just don't like mishka are going to leave negative comments

That is correct.

That is also correct.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Sorry Sam, this is the best that I could find:

Mishka's cool, but to me all of their 'Keep Watch' stuff is just an Oculus Orbus rip off...

and as long as James Groman et al. are still going at it I can't really justify buying it.

However, if someone makes an Oculus Orbison figure I'm all in! How would the shades fit on a giant eyeball?

Last edited by Purple Bat on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Talks shit on boards, than makes a figure with their mascot :roll:
Last edited by Collin Shots on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:05 am

Purple Bat wrote:Sorry Sam, this is the best that I could find:

Nice one, that'll work for now :wink:
However, I'm thinkin this pic might be better suited in another thread tonight... yikes

Happy new year people... lay down your weapons/pick up your toys!

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:23 am

S7 has their own expensive toys made in Japan, Mishka has their own expensive toys made in Japan.

S7 caters to "nerd" culture, Mishka caters to "nerd" culture.

S7 founder has beard, Mishka founder has beard.

S7 "rips off"* classic images for designs, Mishka "rips off"* classic images for designs.

S7 makes $100+ shirts, Mishka makes $100+ shirts.

Sooooooooo......seems like it's a pretty solid match here guys.

*- rips off, pays homage, whatever, I'm not using it in a negative way, I'm all about that crap

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:46 am

Basically, Greg and I have been friends for years, and at last SDCC we were talking about toys and such, as well as the Baseball Boy t-shirt design. We joked about making a Mishka eyeball version, and then said "why not". We have always made toys with our friends, so this was no different. I don't really see a lot of streetwear kids knocking down the doors to get a Mishka Boy figure, it's just a fun spin for the new year. I think reading into it as a larger business strategy is putting the cart well before the horse. That said, I do think it has almost become a sport for some people to try and hate on Greg and his toy releases on this board, which is kind of said. I still don't like nags, but I like Greg, and making this with him was fun to do. Isn't that what toys are supposed to be?

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:03 pm

^^^^^
Amen brother!!

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:55 pm

Have these shipped yet?

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:07 am

The Keep Watch MBs are shipping this week!

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:07 am

Thanks Josh.
Post a reply