ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Super7 news and shop announcements
Post a reply

Re: 2014 lucky bag spoilers thread

Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:10 pm

Stintson is rather fun. He has two points of articulation - neck and swivel chair. Seeing colored versions will be great.

That being said, I dangled him out for trade for one of the LB Mummy Boys only. I'd love that green and purple MB that was teased earlier.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:41 pm

treblekicker wrote:bags this year have been unexpected and spectacular. i was going to pass, but once i saw contents being revealed, i had to jump in for a "small" bag:

fun to finally have an earth wolf in-hand (anyone want to trade for a blank black one?) and to see a flynn custom in person!

Woah! That's an amazing robot fighter!

Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:27 pm

Is the post just really slow with delivering, or do you guys think this is it for the spoilers? I can't help but feel a little disappointed that more people didn't share their bags.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:31 pm

hellointerloper wrote: I can't help but feel a little disappointed. . .

Welcome to Skullbrain 2014! :twisted:

Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:33 pm

hellointerloper wrote:...I can't help but feel a little disappointed that more people didn't share their bags.

You can see everyone else's on eBay

Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:42 pm

666doll wrote:
hellointerloper wrote:...I can't help but feel a little disappointed that more people didn't share their bags.

Meow! :)

Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:50 pm

666doll wrote:

In truth, I really haven't seen too much pop up on there, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. I'd think Instagram would be another spot but there really isn't too much there either. Maybe people are keeping it on the down low so when they do sell on the Bay they won't get called out :lol:

Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:59 pm

The truth is a lot of sofubi collectors don't know or can't be bothered with skullbrain.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:07 pm

petitetoilonrouge wrote:The truth is a lot of sofubi collectors don't know or can't be bothered with skullbrain.

I somehow doubt that if the person is buying a lucky bag from Super7.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:08 pm

I havent seen much of LB stuff on ebay, older LB but not 2014.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:09 pm

petitetoilonrouge wrote:The truth is a lot of sofubi collectors don't know or can't be bothered with skullbrain.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:46 pm

true story, it seems there are quite a lot of very experienced and savvy collectors who want nothing to do with this board and it's pettiness. It is an interesting argument for an overhaul.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:57 pm

plastichunter wrote:
666doll wrote:

Meow! :)

My point was in reference to flippers. Nothing more

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:13 pm

brianflynn wrote:true story, it seems there are quite a lot of very experienced and savvy collectors who want nothing to do with this board and it's pettiness. It is an interesting argument for an overhaul.

It may also be a good argument for more involved mods - some hands-on policing would definitely be welcome.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:35 pm

brianflynn wrote:true story, it seems there are quite a lot of very experienced and savvy collectors who want nothing to do with this board and it's pettiness. It is an interesting argument for an overhaul.

Just to play Devil's advocate . . . True story, there are also a lot of very experienced flippers, chancers and douchebags who use it to source release information and gauge interest in the latest hot shit in order to f*ck genuine collectors in the ass! It's an interesting argument for a closed forum with a much more stringent access policy!

LMK if you need help with profiling . . . it will be a real short list! :twisted:

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:52 pm

As a collector who doesn't have much access to the big events and cons, this board is the only place i really hang out at. i'm sure there's quite a few of us out there.

I'd be happy to see us jump start things by changing things up whether through members only (maybe even paid), tighter privacy etc. Y'all old timers should get together godfather style and get to the bottom of what's rotten here, and sharpen the blades perhaps.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:08 pm

i'll get the canoli.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:44 pm

Anti Social Andy wrote:it will be a real short list! :twisted:

Can I Be On The List? :lol:

Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Not going to lie, I'm not much of a collector purely because I don't have the money to spend. :oops: That being said, I absolutely love this forum. I check often to learn more about toys, their origins, any mythology behind them... I would really hate to be excluded from most of the board just because I'm not a hardcore collector or original SB'er. In the end it's the choice of the mods and community what happens to the board, but I really like it here. :?

Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Well, I just want to say this board has really deepened my understand of so many lines, and though I'm not a fan of how it happens sometimes, it is necessary to weed out some of these guys. The wealth of knowledge here is deep. Just don't throw the baby out with the bathwater is all I'm saying.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:09 pm

first two out!!!

:mrgreen:

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:17 pm

I'm going to have to unsubscribe from this thread if I don't start seeing some more LB pics! Mine will land in Australia soon so I'll post pics when I can...

In regards to the discussion on this page, there's some valid points but maybe we should create a new topic for it.. I wanna see LB info in here!

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:14 am

Not that I have any confidence this will actually lead to changes, but the proper active thread to discuss those would probably be here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48393&start=25

Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:29 am

Way to derail this thread :roll:

Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:32 am

Brian started it 8)
Post a reply