ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:29 pm

SUPER AWESOME TOY OF THE WEEK - PART DUECE! 
Site Admin

Post SUPER AWESOME TOY OF THE WEEK - PART DUECE!
howdy pardners,

so sure its been more than a week, but whatever, he we go again. another mellow afternoon at the vinyl filled office means i take photos and pass the savings along to you. its a sweet little nugget of monster vinyl today that i hope you'll enjoy. take a peep and let me know what you think! thanks for playing!

this week's toy of the week is:

Slash King Ghidorah:

his back side:

this radical dude is, as im sure many of you know, one of godzilla's down 'n dirtiest foes. he cruises around through outer space, and drops by earth or planet 'x' every now and again just to ruffle godzillas feathers and shoot lightning all over the damn place. what a bully! but even though king ghidorah is a major league jerk-ass, he does inspire some pretty rad toys.

the slash king ghidorah is a re-pro of the vintage popy mold thats much less plentiful than the more recent slash version. the re-pro comes in five colors:

- glow vinyl with red and green spray (shown above)
- glow vinyl with blue and yellow spray (not here, gosh darn it!)
- orange vinyl with green, silver, and blue spray (below left)
- glow vinyl with silver spray (below middle)
- super bling all gold (below right)

i really dig this figure because its a really nice, kind of stylized version of the classic character. a lot of king ghidorah toys seem to be going for more accuracy to the films and end up too big and clunky to display, or just looking dumpy and weird. but on the slash, the wings are small, the tail doesnt stick way out and he's standing nice and straight, rather than leaning way forward in some goofy action pose like some kind of mcfarlane thing. its also a nice size somewhere between mini and standard, and has nice simple articulation at the waist and wings. no need for articulated jaws and horns on this little dude! the great repeating texture on his body is the icing on the cake and makes him really fun to hold, and take into battle.

here he is with a familiar buddy for size comparison:

so there you have it. slash king ghidorah rules. now its your turn! come on and say howdy!

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Comment King

He's super sweeta! Really like the colors and scupt!

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:46 pm
Die-Cast

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:49 pm
Side Dealer

Love these little features Josh...keep 'em comin'!

Slash puts out some great figures and don't get mentioned too much. I have a few of their Mechagodzillas. While they're maybe not #1 in quality, I love their color choices and the smallish "in-between" size they use.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:31 pm
S7 Royalty

thanks so much for posting them. your assessment of their size, sculpt and articulation sounds dead on ^^

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:58 pm
Profile YIM