ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:01 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 New M1go..... 
Post Pimp

Post Re: New M1go.....
Baikin wrote:
The Gargantua set rules, comes with omake extra heads to swap out too with one of them being a Nakajima head from the M1 Goji body figure, he played Gaira in the Gargantuas film and it turns out sooooo many others I never thought about, even Mogera and a Mysterian! The book is a treasure trove of great pictures even if you cant read it.

So is there a head under the Sanda mask?

Who's head is it?

I love the idea behind this Gargantua set, I just wish they were more distinct from the existing Gargantua sets.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:04 am
Addicted

From the pics I have seen, it looks like the other head is the standard head Bullmark used for all the removable mask heroes back in the day.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:39 am
Mr. Grumpy™

As I don't have these in hand yet, it looks like you almost have to attach the extra heads to put on the Sanda & Gaira heads? I'm just basing it on the photo I see. I might have to just go rip a head off one of the ones I have to investigate!

I agree with you Alex (on the color choices) but in a way it's almost if they have to make them green/brown or it would look off. Even the Thrash Out versions have green/brown in them. Although lottery Gaira doesn't, but that just works because purple/gold on black vinyl will work no matter what! :wink:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Can't recall right now but one of the pics I saw, there seems to be a slit behind the head like the removable mask figures.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:12 pm
Side Dealer

Ill investigate this head quandary when i return home tonight, ie: I'll
actually open the bag and play with my toys!!!!! That's been a rare occurance recently I'm none to happy about. Just so busy these days with work. :(

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:00 pm
i think that gomess is awesome

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:03 pm
Side Dealer

I still didnt open the bag yet but the heads are super soft so easy to swap out for the human heads if you want.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:55 pm
Toy Prince

Just got back from picking up a Wonderfest Hedorah Eyeball set breaking my own recently instituted policy of limiting myself to two colorways of any one figure (GID doesn't count).

Way worth it though!

The eyeball itself is the business and the paints on the figures remind me of the 101 Hedo One-Offs Baikin posted to Flickr a while back.

I really like this figure in this size (edit - corrected - 4.25") and these colors.

Still a couple up - don't miss them.

Last edited by poorbadger on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:17 pm
Mr. Grumpy™

3 inches? For real? I thought they were more mid sized at maybe 4.5-5. The older bullmark mold hedo minis were at least 3.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Post Pimp

Lixx wrote:
3 inches? For real?
that was my first reaction, too. i thought mid size meant closer to fight figure height, not mini. surprising.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

Actually - my apologies. Just measured and they're about 4.25"
About the same height as a Smogun, not quite as tall as Butanohana but around the same scale.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:01 pm
Mr. Grumpy™

Post Gargantuan head mystery solved- sorta!
Yesterday I got in a shipment toys. Among them was the new Gargantuan set. So here's what I've learned:

So the actual Gaira and Sanda heads are made of a super super soft rubber. So soft that just touching them will bend and distort. You can't even pick them up without the heads caving in. The extra human heads included are of the harder "sofubi" variety, normally found in your average toy.

Now the opening at the bottom of all 4 heads look to be the same as any normal part, so I don't think you could slip them over the normal human heads. So I'm still trying to figure out why the super soft monster heads were made that way?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:20 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Thanks for the info, Chris.
Gee, that's really soft!

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:31 am
Post Pimp

Is there a seam along the back you're supposed to cut yourself or something? I mean, these sound very much like the recent Marusan Michael Jackson Thriller figures. Chris, does it seem like the Gargantua heads *could* fit around the vinyl human heads at all???

blog

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Grumpy™

Just checked. No seam to cut. It's either display one kind of head or another, soft or semi hard (wait that sounded really bad lol!!!). Anyhow I kept squeezing the softer heads to get them in shape (damn it why does describing sofubi always sound like I'm quoting penthouse forum), and it seemed to do the trick. They were kind of flattened during shipping.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Start bugging your local toy dealer, info for the 3rd set of middle size Hedos in the Eye should be out and about soon.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:56 am
Mr. Grumpy™

Looks like Gomess is coming back for Superfest:

along with a cool Goga:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:33 am
Profile WWW
Prototype

Love Gomess and that's one beauty of an escargot too. Good one to fill with iridescent ribbon.

Y'all know whose suit was modified to create Gomess, right? :wink:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:41 am
Side Dealer

Duh, Gomess was made from Jiras.....
(What color are we supposed to use for bravado again?)

My Want's List is as follows:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38572

2 Face, or OG Nag, any except R. Fink tribute.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:50 am
Profile YIM WWW
Prototype

slipstar01 wrote:
Duh, Gomess was made from Jiras.....

:lol: :lol: You're just trying to misedumacate the n00bz. :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:52 am
Prototype

Hmm, I really wonder if M1 is involved with the new Bullmark repros. Bullmark just released a repro Pegila in the same green vinyl. I need to buy one of the repros one day to see how they feel.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

That Goga is pretty slick.

Wanted | For Sale | Trade Bait

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:29 am
Side Dealer

Are you talking about the Bullmark B-Club stuff? I love the fact that Bullmark does b-club, but I wonder what the quality difference is between the B-club stuff, and say a gas bawer, or even vintage bullmark...

Personally, I love squishy vinyl that goes right back into place... I think B-club vinyl feels somewhat stiff... But that could just be the difference in sculpts... My Gas Bawer is really squishy, my Dempagon is stiff...
So is a Kanegon stiff, and a Nemegon Squished...

These are the questions I have, when the only chance to touch or see vinyl, is when I buy it for myself... I wish I had some friends around here that had Sculpts so I could compare feel and paint apps, in person

My Want's List is as follows:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38572

2 Face, or OG Nag, any except R. Fink tribute.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:39 am
Profile YIM WWW
Team Tsubu

akum6n wrote:
Hmm, I really wonder if M1 is involved with the new Bullmark repros. Bullmark just released a repro Pegila in the same green vinyl. I need to buy one of the repros one day to see how they feel.
I've been very curious about that myself - less, I guess, about the potential direct M1GO connection, but definitely about how the new 'Bullmark reproed by Bullmark' toys look and feel in hand. I've handled a few of their minis and wasn't particularly impressed - The vinyl was thinner and duller in appearance than M1's similar efforts, and the paint was unspectacular. Not enough to go on to toss out a whole line, but in the absence of having a standard size repro to scrutinize myself I'd like to hear some reports from those that have picked up any of the recent releases. Anyone got some word on the matter?

Loving the shade of green on the new G - has anyone heard if it will have the same pack of reprinted Marusan goodies as last year's editions?
"Monster Manual / postcard / Coloring Book"

Also, I'm curious about this final SF exclusive :

*Japanes TENUGUI(old style Towel): ancient document paper from the GOMESS vs LITTLA....

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Flickr one and Flickr two

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:02 pm
Prototype

Bullmark recently began producing repro vinyls that look to be much higher quality than the prior B-Club repros. I think B-Club is a Bandai brand, whereas Bullmark is releasing these under its own name. In terms of appearance and price point, they seem to be more in-line with M1's offerings.

Although I guess we're getting a little off-track, B-Clubs are made from much thinner material than M1s. They are not squishy.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next