ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:01 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Blood Guts Toys - Shikabane Kaiju 
Comment King

Post Re: Blood Guts Toys - Shikabane Kaiju
EviL0ne wrote:
and this is why ppl hate these effin boards :roll:

So let me get this straight, people hate these boards because there are rules? And specific sections for asking about trading? Oh, the humanity! :lol:

But to stay along with the thread, here's the NYCC release for this toy.

Just in case you need any background info, this paint job is supposed to look like Pogo the Clown, alter ego of notorious serial killer John Wayne Gacy. The interesting part is that there has been a lot of controversy about haunted houses, murderabilia, and the paintings by the killer himself being used as ways to make cash... basically "using a tragedy to make money." Wonder if Izu is aware of this or giving the world the middle finger by painting up this guy.

On a side note, if you're interested in serial killers and creepy stories, it might be a good idea to read into the JWG case. Makes some good Halloween-time reading.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Comment King

I really like Izu's painting. The little hats....

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

hellointerloper wrote:
Toys are an expensive hobby. I'm not going to judge someone for investing in something, but I guess my feelings about the subject are kind of irrelevant because I neither want this toy, nor can afford it.

So why do you feel the need to keep posting in a thread concerning a toy you don't want/can't afford?

*this is a rhetorical question

Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:10 pm
Comment King

smurph wrote:
hellointerloper wrote:
Toys are an expensive hobby. I'm not going to judge someone for investing in something, but I guess my feelings about the subject are kind of irrelevant because I neither want this toy, nor can afford it.

So why do you feel the need to keep posting in a thread concerning a toy you don't want/can't afford?

*this is a rhetorical question

Rhetorical or not, I'm answering anyway. My opinions on flippers have changed a shitload since I first posted on this thread and have been participating more in the SB community, and I follow a lot of toy makers on Instagram, Izumonster included. Just trying to do my part and share some news with an interested audience. I still don't have the funds to afford any of his toys and I still have no interest in purchasing one, but that's irrelevant. News is news, and this is one of the most active threads on the board at the moment. If you see something wrong with sharing a new release with the community, by all means, say that.

Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

hellointerloper wrote:
Rhetorical or not, I'm answering anyway.

Of course you had to :roll:
...and the point went completely over your head.

Quote:
...have been participating more in the SB community

Is inserting your 2 cents in countless threads "participating" or rather fueling a desperate need for attention?

*again a rhetorical question

Quote:
I follow a lot of toy makers on Instagram, Izumonster included. Just trying to do my part and share some news with an interested audience.

Your "interested audience" follows him too. The news is redundant. Also, anyone who hasn't been living under a rock their entire life knows who John Wayne Gacy was.

Quote:
I still don't have the funds to afford any of his toys and I still have no interest in purchasing one, but that's irrelevant.

Absolutely relevant

Quote:
News is news, and this is one of the most active threads on the board at the moment.

Case in point
*see rhetorical question above

Quote:
If you see something wrong with sharing a new release with the community, by all means, say that.

Fine. There's already an abundance of info regarding releases, lottos, etc. being spread across various toy blogs. True fans of (*insert toymaker/artist) already know what's going on. Superfluous posting about releases does nothing more than give opportunists and flippers quick and easy access to information. This might be an opinion, but I know it's shared with more than a few others here.

None of this will sink in, and you'll keep on yap yap yapping away... So goodbye interloper, say "hello" to my ignore list.

To all else, I humbly apologize for the thread derail. Trying to prove a point to someone oblivious of the situation is a lesson in futility, and I regret having wasted my time on this lost cause.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:59 am
Comment King

I'll never understand why it's so essential to announce that someone is going on an ignore list... Is that supposed to make me feel bad somehow?
I apologize to anyone if I'm somehow "giving fuel to flippers." I assumed that not everyone is on Instagram (I know quite a few people hate new social media) and no toy blogs I followed had this information up. I'm not posting this for any personal gain, I just assumed that the community would like to know. I have no idea why everyone wants to think the worst of people here. I'm sorry for the thread derail.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

^^
please. Just stop posting for a bit.

MOCKBATPOCALYPSE BATS/THRASHOUT

Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:46 am
Addicted

hellointerloper wrote:
I have no idea why everyone wants to think the worst of people here.

You know exactly why and by now you should be well aware of the fact that there is tons of information that doesn't get posted here. It's not because people don't have instagram or don't follow certain artists. It's a simple basic defense mechanism against the absolute laziest re-sellers who can't even be bothered to put in any effort other then looking here. Does it make any difference? Maybe, maybe not.

You can obviously say and do whatever you want here but reactions like the one you just got are not surprising at all. You can look back through threads for years and see the same thing. Hell look at the debates they've had here about actual toy blogs hurting the community with what they share. You can even go back and see how some of the most popular blogs changed what they do share after some of that stuff happened here. So when you say "no toy blogs I followed had this information up" it could actually be for a reason. I know lowbrownie for one decided it was best to post certain popular toy makers stuff AFTER releases and lotteries rather then before for the good of collectors in general.

It would be incredibly easy to find information about japanese vinyl toys that isn't shared here and post it every single day but what's the point? Especially if it's about a toy you don't have or love or even want. It's obvious you want to ingratiate yourself with SB but if you stick to discussing the things you actually care about it would probably work a little better.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:25 pm
Comment King

This toy had already been released by the time I posted it... But I guess that little detail went over everyone's heads.

I know that posting pre-release info here is frowned upon. Yes, I've seen previous outcry about it. I didn't know that anything else would cause a ruckus. Now I know. At the end of the day though, a PM would have sufficed and I would have gladly removed any offending information. :| I'll still take it down if anyone wants me to.

Once again though, thank you for your level-headed response, Waterbear. I really do appreciate it.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

WANTS:
http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=45773&p=779418#p779418
TRADES:
http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=46434

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:59 pm
Comment King

Hey yearlings, get a room or can it. Your narcissistic delirium is taking away from my enjoyment of Izu's work.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

The Pogo version is pretty creepy in person. I get the feeling its staring at me and not the other way around. :|

The different tones of green on the back of the head is really cool too. I think I prefer it sans-hat.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:10 am
Line of Credit

Getting to meet Izumo was pretty cool. There was a language barrier, but he was very, very nice and humble. I always enjoy putting a face to an artist's name. I'm also super stoked that I was lucky enough to pick up the Pogo. Definitely super creepy, but done very well. An all around fun figure for my tastes.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:49 am
Toy Prince

Damn, congrats Robert, I was wondering who the lucky buyer was. Glad it's going to a good home.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:42 am
Mini Boss

drybones69 wrote:
...Glad it's going to a good home.

You're assuming Robert has a good home :wink:

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

Yes Robert! Im glad it was you that scored, got confused from your IG pic whether it was yours or not.
Please post pics of everything it came with, plus some butt shots. Really awesome paint job.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:52 am
Line of Credit

666doll wrote:
drybones69 wrote:
...Glad it's going to a good home.

You're assuming Robert has a good home :wink:

I definitely live in a shitty neighborhood in Phoenix. :lol: But my home is what I make it, and I'm content!

There were eight(I believe) to be bought. I'll for sure her some photos of this guy goin' when we get home!

Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:09 am
S7 Royalty

APsychoCareBear wrote:

Do you know hello interloper is a woman?
I know this can be taken several ways, and you probably just meant attention whores, but this board has always kind of been accepting of all sexes, races, and sexual preferences. I know this is just in jest and would be a common response on most Internet forums, but let's try to be a little more respectful of all members on this board.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:30 am
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

Excuse the mediocre photos. I did what I thought I could as far as simply showing off the figure and some detail. I'm lovin' this one a lot.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:05 pm
Rob omg!! This thing is amazing I wish my friend could have snagged me one I made my buddy Jay222 a pogo the clown [expletive deleted] for his bday. Love this one more than any of the previous releases thank you for the amazing pics. photos are far from mediocre. Izumonster representin. Hey so is he really In Canada?

xSuicide Squadx wrote:
Excuse the mediocre photos. I did what I thought I could as far as simply showing off the figure and some detail. I'm lovin' this one a lot.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:38 am
Comment King

he's moving back to Japan soon, and pogo is amazing. I didn't realise it was a one off I thought it was run, up there with freddy IMO

Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:24 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

Nice pics!

Pogo is Not a one off, its a run of 10...but there was only 7 at the con I believe.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:58 am
Comment King

doomsDAY wrote:
Nice pics!

Pogo is Not a one off, its a run of 10...but there was only 7 at the con I believe.

Thank you for the info, did he offer any other releases?

Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

xSuicide Squadx wrote:

there's nothing mediocre about the pictures.

Russblue11 wrote:
Anyone have a place my mom and I can crash at in NY? :lol:

Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:44 am
Comment King

leucotomy wrote:
doomsDAY wrote:
Nice pics!

Thank you for the info, did he offer any other releases?

Ive seen some people post some blanks and even a oneoff but i dunno if those were gifts or back alley deals ;)

Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:54 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next