ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: crap

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:34 pm

Fig Belly wrote:he makes me so horny i can't wait.

I imagine you could work some colorful magic on him! :-)

Agreed about the impatience thing. It's a great l'il bug.

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:39 pm

This fig is awesome! I wish it was as big as a fight fig though, and GID! :twisted:

Re: Beetlar

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:51 pm

Is this the official Beetlar thread? It's the best I could find, but man is it sad :cry:

Well I no longer have this fella, but here are some nice pics of him.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:48 pm

I should go back and read the whole one page of this thread.
But if I remember right. kiyoka helped the beetlar dude get this toy made working at the old Thrash Out. I love that last pic Boon. That's a good one. I am down to one. Maybe someday a new flock will find it's way into my palms again.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Thanks, Figgy!

Which version is it that you have left?

Buster Call's Beetlar is such a wonderful toy all around and Every version was a winner. And I rarely can say that.

I'm down to three, myself. I'd love to have as many as I could, but am trying really hard to limit myself to the number of same sculpts in my collection. If the underwater crackle version comes into view though, I don't know if I can help myself :D

Here's a couple more I posted of him (or her; maybe she's a lady bug).

Image Image

I still think I must be posting in the wrong Beetlar thread, but I'll move them if someone can find a better one.

Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:24 am

boon velvet wrote:Is this the official Beetlar thread? It's the best I could find, but man is it sad :cry:

Well I no longer have this fella, but here are some nice pics of him.

I love this one. Nice pix!

Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:01 pm

The last Beetlar released.

Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:48 pm

gatchabert wrote:The last Beetlar released.

wow, this is nice, the first time i see bug sofubi with cool sculpt, will try to catch it...

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:54 am

There are a quite a few versions of Beetlar out there too, Wijaya, so you have a pretty good chance of coming across some.

In fact, you give me an idea; I'm going to pull some of the scattered Beetlar pics over to this thread. This way anyone can reference the many versions from a single Beetlar thread.

You'll know who each image belongs too based on who's quoted.

andy wrote:I think I'm complete on production figures. Took a while!

Enough of the photo shoot. Let's go get some beer!

Scoping out the target...

Attack!!!

andy wrote:Image

toybotstudios wrote:Monstock Beetlar killllzzzzzz

toybotstudios wrote:Image
Buster Call x Kaiju Chronicle Beetlar by toybot studios, on Flickr

eitlobsaboo wrote:*cough*

:D

akum6n wrote:A little late, but I just caught the bug-

Beetlar rules! Best mini yet. Thanks to S7 for the hookup!

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:49 pm

Surprised to see this thread revived given this line is pretty obscure and it has stopped production for a while now. I like the beetlars though and here is an old shot of my herd.

Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:16 am

Good Job Boon. the one I have is glow with the blue, red, and smoke sprays.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:20 am

maxaltoman wrote:Surprised to see this thread revived given this line is pretty obscure and it has stopped production for a while now. I like the beetlars though and here is an old shot of my herd.

Dang, max, that is one nice collection. I like the birds eye view of them all. The top of Beetlar is such an interesting angle to look at him from.

The thread was revived because before my post, all of the pictures had disappeared. And he's definitely a figure worthy of being included in the skullbrain database. It may seem like it sometimes, but sb isn't just about new toys.

Fig Belly wrote:Good Job Boon. the one I have is glow with the blue, red, and smoke sprays.

That one's a looker :)

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:36 pm

These guys are some of the few things I still collect. Such a great sculpt and the paint applications are all great.

Thanks for sharing more photos.

Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:32 pm

Always loved this guy, thanks for keeping the fire alive.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:40 am

maxaltoman wrote:Surprised to see this thread revived given this line is pretty obscure and it has stopped production for a while now. I like the beetlars though and here is an old shot of my herd.

Wow, what's that gray one with the pattern all over? Can we see close-ups of that??

Love me some Beetlars!

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:59 pm

Goals. So few and far between have shown up. Excellent figure!

Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:04 am

jacranky wrote:

Wow, what's that gray one with the pattern all over? Can we see close-ups of that??

Love me some Beetlars!

I'll sub in for maxalto- the gray one with a pattern spray is a one-off by Buster Call for Toy Karma 2. There were 3 different one-offs produced for the show. I have one of the others:

I don't know who has the last one now.

For the record, I believe the clear red and clear purple Beetlars in the above photos from boon's post are dyed.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:01 pm

yes, i am 99% sure the red and purple clear were diy dyed, not actual releases..

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:51 pm

No wonder I was unable to dim any info on those two.

I wish these came back. I love the character and every single one of the releases is top notch. I love this critter.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:17 pm

OH this makes me want to throw the zero money I have at the screen.. Love me some Beets. Its always a mad scramble when one appears in the sale thread.. especially when its one that rarely appears and I feel us Beetlar hoarders won't be letting go of them haha

Here's my horde:

Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:16 pm

Your collection of Beets is a beaut.

Every time I've sold one of mine, I regretted it almost immediately.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:13 am

Ah, there's the third Toy Karma custom!

Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:53 pm

akum6n wrote:Ah, there's the third Toy Karma custom!

The custom I have? I didn't know the story behind it, I nabbed it on here a few years ago. Such an awesome paint job.

So this is BusterCalls mark under the foot?

Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:06 pm

Yeah, it is a one-off by Buster Call from Toy Karma 2 in 2009. These are the only 3 Beetlar one-offs that I have seen publicly released, so it is a very unique item. Glad to see it is in a great collection.

I don't know the story behind the mark on the foot. I don't remember seeing a similar mark on the foot of my figure.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:58 am

The only other custom Beetlars were painted by Hiro (Lil Japan) but I don't remember how many he painted (maybe 5). Any other custom Beetlars were done without the consent of Buster Call, including the one I did (not for sale). I have one of the dyed ones, the purple one. I wonder how many of those there are? Red...pruple...
Post a reply