ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:58 pm

CCPfan wrote:I'm curious to see what's next, sculpt-wise.

photos courtesy KT.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:09 pm

You sure those are RxH?

Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:10 pm

KLaddict wrote:You sure those are RxH?

yup

Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:12 pm

And they were for sale? Wow they must have been limited I didn't see any on YJA yet.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:01 pm

LASH wrote:

yup

nope. these are figures Pop Soda is doing with someone else..
they are characters from the comic though...

and these were test shots. not on sale yet.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:08 pm

they fucking rule

Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:10 pm

PopSoda enjoys the mini / finger toys huh.

I'll reserve judgement on Mr. Penguin dude up there until I see a paint app. If it turns out to be anything like production PopSoda toys, I probably won't be interested. The sculpt itself is very Western looking to me.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:21 pm

I want

Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:26 pm

First one looks like the old advertising guy for Western Exterminator with a little Ed Roth thrown in!

Go here to see for those of you who have no idea what I am talking about: http://telstarlogistics.typepad.com/tel ... _man_.html

Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:39 pm

datadub wrote:
LASH wrote:

yup

I pass no judgment other than Im glad they are not RxH.....

Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:16 pm

there are some other new wacky characters in the latest comic as well - be afraid be very afraid!

Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:53 pm

datadub wrote:and 2 new fig paints.. at last!

So these were actually released? Are more coming later, because I haven't seen any for (re)sale anywhere?

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:03 am

The green I've seen for sale so its definitely available.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:11 am

The Green is up at KT.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:18 am

bluefin wrote:The Green is up at KT.

Rock on man, thanks! This is by far the BEST Popsoda guy yet. It'll match nicely with my Green Shinto and Doggies.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:22 pm

datadub wrote:
LASH wrote:

yup

lol ... whoops :)

But weren't these on Mori's table at one of the past shows. I guess I confused it with something else ??

I think its pretty cool though. Reminds me of something that BxH would do which is a good thing. Cant wait to see it completed.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:13 pm

i like the way they came in little boxes.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:05 am

both of these full-sized PopSodas are must-haves.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:58 am

I guess those must have pretty limited. At least, that's what I would assume after not seeing any at all show up on YJA. Figures that they would be - first couple of really nice paint jobs on them too.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:12 am

Just got the green one in, anyone else? I'm not 100% sure how I'm liking it. I like the IDEA, but the paint on the head is mat, not gloss, kinda throws me off. This was one I thought would blow me down when opening, but I'm a little underwhelmed I guess. I like the green vinyl, matches the Dogs and Shinto, and I like the body overall, there's metallic paint, but the head....not sure about that mat paint.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:29 am

I was thrown off by the matte paint on the red pop soda as well.

Re: new pop soda

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:58 am

This is pretty incredible. New Pop Soda figure sculpted by RESTORE. It's called Jungle Fever.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:01 am

That is very cool. Highly detailed and what an incredible sculpt. Captures that Yamomark feel almost, only realistic instead of biobizarre. Amazing work. Thanks for sharing that James.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:23 am

Yes!
Just a regular lizard dude. I'd buy one :)
PicoPico and TakePico have done something similar with their fish, mole and frog sculpts. I dig it.
Is this figure available yet?

Wonder Festival later this month. Got it.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:29 am

Not going to bite, but he sure looks fun. Super playable. Looks like he might be articulated at the wrists?
Post a reply