ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

hedorah beauty pageant

Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:55 pm

Like a lot of people, I've come into the habit of picking up the various hedorans that companies make when i see them. Who knows what the appeal of this shambling mound is... My guess is the weird arm joints which when you rotate the arms in any way, the resultant expression is hilarious.

What are the favorites out there? Of the ones that i have, i really like the Toygraph 'transforming' hedorah as well as the charactics glow. The next one i'd like to find is the M1 Final Wars one; the sculpt looks nice and detailed and the metalic spray is nice.

Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:12 pm

My favorite that I have is the black battle-damaged by CCP.

Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:47 pm

My queen is crowning herself!

Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:58 pm

Do you have a scat fetish paul? :P

Out of the group you have there bryanarchy, I would have to say it's a tie between the glow Charactics and the Toygraph Transforming. Out of my personal collection my favorite is the set of Charactics painted by M1.

Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:04 pm

No I don't have a scat fetish.
I like toys and pretty pink donuts.

Oh wait, Unchikin......

yeah...I might. :shock:

Sorry to send the post off subject so rudely!

I like the Marmit flying Hedora and the Glow M-1 Bullmark repro.

Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:56 pm

gabbagabba wrote:Out of my personal collection my favorite is the set of Charactics painted by M1.

I haven't seen these... got pics?

Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:06 pm

bryanarchy wrote:
gabbagabba wrote:Out of my personal collection my favorite is the set of Charactics painted by M1.

I haven't seen these... got pics?

In this pic they are the two on the right in the top row. I'll try to take a better pic of them later if you want.

Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:44 pm

yeah the M1 paint is a different mold, my favorite of the charactics molds.

I think the S7 store has the final wars hedorah in stock....

Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:02 pm

brianflynn wrote:yeah the M1 paint is a different mold, my favorite of the charactics molds.

My favorite too. Those new colors that came out recently look great. Can't wait to get them. I have a GID in that mold also.

Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:36 pm

Some of these Hedorans have a very "Cthulhu" look to 'em. Especially that one of Paul's.

Bryanarchy - I like that one of yours on the far right. Looks damn purposeful!!

I really don't know much about this side of Japanese vinyl, but love looking at all you guy's collections of the stuff. Always amazing!

Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:05 pm

we have the globsters final war hedorah. regular version sold out. Also have this cool black with glitter(for the ladies) hedorah.

also just in: charactics x gargamel yellow hedorah.

brianflynn wrote:I think the S7 store has the final wars hedorah in stock....

Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:20 pm

OK-so who here has the really BIG Marmit Hedorah? So far I have limited myself to CCP Hedorahs, (the Gargamel hedorans don't count because they're not Toho licensed) but some those other ones are looking pretty nice! For instance, I like you collection, bryanarchy!!

Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:22 pm

isaac- what constitutes a charactics x gargamel hedorah? On the s7 website, there's a gargamel hedorah labeled as charactics... is that him? which is like the one in my pic on the left? If so, i got a killer deal on him.

I totally agree with moriachi, they are totally cthulhu-esque.

I'd love to get my hands on the really big marmit one...

favorite hedorah

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:30 pm

my favorite is the Marmit Monster Heaven Glow version they released at the end of 2004 (for a festival in Tokyo). Really great sculpt, and the glow is an excellent night light.

I don't have the blue version, but I really like that one also.

Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:58 pm

i have these two nice flying hedorahs. the splattery paint one has some cool glow paint splattered onto it. they were both super7 store exclusives.

Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:54 pm

Which marmit giant hedorah - there are 2 versions! I can vouch for both, they are great.

The flyinf hedorah figures were super duper limited, consider yourself very lucky!

Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:14 pm

ramos,

i must get that glitter hedorah! i sent you a message.

Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:46 pm

joshuajh wrote:Image

Holy Smokes! Those look awesome! I have to admit, that the flying hedorah's have never really stuck me, but those are really nice! I like the blue.

Brian-how limited were they?

Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:53 pm

the splatter one on the left was 15 pieces at the super7 godzilla art show opening awhile ago. the one on the right was 25 pieces the day the super7 store first opened, if i remember correct. i have the numbered header cards stashed away somewhere, i could be wrong on the numbers.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:15 am

yiminy wrote:OK-so who here has the really BIG Marmit Hedorah?

"You RANG Sir???"

(sorry about the crappy pic.
haven't sussed out doing big ones yet!)

Is this the one you mean? It's about 12-14" tall.
Actually, to my knowledge, there were FOUR versions. Dark Green, DARKER Green, and two colorways of the GID. The Green ones are more valuable (poss. more ltd.). Mine was the first GID version, and hasn't risen much in value, despite being the prettiest! (IMO). I've never seen the 2nd GID version being resold. It's even possible they never made it in the end, although I did see all four on display at the (now closed) Marmit Gallery in Tokyo, which is where they were sold.
I was kind of lucky. I just happened to visit the day mine went on sale.
"Did you come for THIS?", they asked me.
"But of course!", I replied.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:35 am

I really like the original Bullmark Hedorah, but there's something very, uh, gynecological about the combination of the sculpt and paint job. I think you can really see this when you look at the glow M-1 Go reissue that was sold to buyers of the Bullmark Story Book.

The Charactics mini clear Hedorahs are like candy. They're incredibly hard to resist. The giant Marmit Hedorah is great to look at, too, but if Marusan produces a glow version of their giant 40 cm toy it will probably be the king of all Hedorah toys.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:28 pm

This is my favorite. It's blacklight sensitive.

Marmit Monster Heaven 14" Hedorahs

Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:14 pm

Marmit released light green, dark green, orange, GID and a very rare white version of the 13" tall Monster Heaven Hedorah. Here are the two Smoggies of this sculpt in my collection:

Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:25 pm

that kicks three kinds of ass!!!

Re: Marmit Monster Heaven 14" Hedorahs

Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:28 pm

toho-gfan wrote:Marmit released light green, dark green, orange, GID and a very rare white version of the 13" tall Monster Heaven Hedorah.

You mean the unpainted white one? Actually there are many more versions, as Marmit is notorious for releasing super-limited color variants as unannouned show exclusives. I have pics of a white w/ blue sprays and a different GID (I can post after uploading them) and on YJ I've seen a few others.

toho-gfan wrote: Here are the two Smoggies of this sculpt in my collection:

Nice. The orange one I practically never see anymore.
Post a reply