ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

any info on this...

Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:18 pm

Anyone have any info on this guy, i'm really digging it but the price seems high,
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEIGHBORHOOD-CLUB-D ... dZViewItem

Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:56 am

That's an exclusive glow version that was made for the Neighborhood clothing store when they were selling Rat-Bat-Spider shirts. I agree, the price seems high, but not a lot of these made it back to the US.

If you want I can check with Jim Cirronella to see if he has any of these left, he may be selling them for less.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:51 am

Wow! That's thing is serious as a heart attack.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:58 am

I'm still puzzling over "Three Thousand Two Hundred Four Two Thousand AD."

A long time ago, when Masato Shono solicited toys via email, he listed this as "Naver Food version." Everyone was emailing Jim about it and he had no idea what it was.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:07 am

Just my opinion, but basic price is not SO bad. If you found this in a shop in Japan
it would be maybe 15000yen now. No telling on YJA.
Also, I don't think these were so cheap when they came out. Comes in a box and what-not.
It IS an impressive figure! Quite big, nice paintjob.
This guy's shipping charge is high at $35 though!

Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:55 pm

Cool figure. I looked over color variants at Club Tokyo, and it's a shame that they didn't produce one that looks like the art (mostly brown with red eyes).

Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:11 pm

There were a couple of different test color schemes that were shown off at Chiller a while back, I'll see if I can dig those up.

My personal favorite is the AFFE exclusive version (glow vinyl, red spray), because I think it best captures the spirit of the "Cinemagic" effect from the movie.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:09 pm

FWIW- That's actually a very fair price...
Post a reply