ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Target Earth

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:35 pm

badteethcomics wrote:You talking about this??

Cool Shrek toy

:P

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:51 pm

Everybody poops. Even kaiju toys! :lol:

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:34 pm

Missed opportunity by not naming it NewYorkHypebeast or something. Another missed opportunity with marketing. This toy should just show up on instagram feeds and wanna be cool kid blogs.

It's just so funny to me that target earth did this.

Makes me chuckle.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:40 pm

I kinda wish one of the hands could've held it like a club. Nonetheless, still pretty funny as it is.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:05 pm

:lol: Ha Ha, surprised this one is seeing the light of day, can he expect more fighting words from N3?

Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:27 pm

JoeMan wrote::lol: Ha Ha, surprised this one is seeing the light of day, can he expect more fighting words from N3?

I still look back in this thread in awe over the Andy Warhol/Dustman toy. So bummed that was never made.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:42 pm

^^
And I still can't believe why not. Target Earth is awesome esp..with their patchi stuff even though some get territorial and don't like them.

I still don't actually 100% believe that they backed down to produce the "warhol" because of the reasons listed. It makes zero sense considering every toy they have produced and in my mind would only make sense if NagNagNag and Target Earth were best friends and didn't want to break up the bromance. Something else obviously probably occurred.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:47 pm

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:17 pm

bryce_r wrote:^^
And I still can't believe why not. Target Earth is awesome esp..with their patchi stuff even though some get territorial and don't like them.

I still don't actually 100% believe that they backed down to produce the "warhol" because of the reasons listed. It makes zero sense considering every toy they have produced and in my mind would only make sense if NagNagNag and Target Earth were best friends and didn't want to break up the bromance. Something else obviously probably occurred.

If I read it right, he's next up in August.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:08 pm

kichigai wrote:Image

:shock:
So nice to see this figure back.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:57 am

analog101 wrote:
bryce_r wrote:^^

If I read it right, he's next up in August.

yeah, the blog entry says that there's a series of 5 Sofubi with molds all completed, with the "dump golem" being the first one to be produced. The "low brow golem" which was shown previously is the next one up and it'll be around Aug 8 that he takes orders for it. Entries 3-5 don't have plans yet.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:29 pm

I think this might be the 5 next dolls:

1) Dappun Golem
2) Lowbrow Golem
3) 3rd Golem (no name yet?)
4) Cannibal Monster "YUMMIELA"
5) Plague Doctor

I like this one a lot:

I heard there are a few more monsters that will debut in October

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:55 pm

Wow I really like that one as well, it's like a gross Looney Tunes character

Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:24 am

Glad to see a whole bunch of new sculpts from TE seeing the light of day.
Also that dude totally reminds me of the Noid

Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:30 am

??

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:09 pm

He also has the goofy eyes of that Gremlins 2 guy that laughed a lot.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:46 pm

Anybody enter the lottery for this guy?
Hear anything yet?
badteethcomics wrote:

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Not a lottery. Pre order that is open.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:52 am

^^^^^ Thanks! :oops:

Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:54 am

I would act fast if anyone wants this doll

It is open preorder but the amount made were
already ordered to the factory minimum run

They ship in September

Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:29 pm

I love this toy but I really wish there was a way to buy direct. 8000 yen is a good price but I refuse to do the M-World price jack, which I think is the only way overseas customers can order. I'm sure it will be much more via M-World.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:28 pm

You could try a buying service.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:56 pm

analog101 wrote:You could try a buying service.

Yeah I could but I'll still pay fees. I've used various services for years and years (and built my collection on it really) but I'm kind of over the whole process. At some point I might do it again when I collect full time, but it seems a waste just for one new toy. Deposits, fees etc. That's why I like Mandarake and Medicom- direct, no fussing about with middlemen etc. Just send me a shipping notice when it's ready lol.

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:10 am

Low Blow Golem (about 28cm tall)

Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:52 am

I still think this looks like Carol Channing. Didn't expect it to stand as tall as 11" though. So to speak.

Post a reply