ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

skull head butt B-movie space monsters

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:03 pm

these are blowing my mind right now. spotted on kaiju lab!

got me digging into his older toys which are fantastic too, vintage scifi manga feeling with b monster horror. anyway i really like these. if anyone has any insight where i could snag any, insight is greatly appreciated!

SPACE-X

ZOMBIEKONG

ASTROKONG

STAR-X

MUTANT-X

group shot

my favorites are the star x and mutant x. what do you all think?

(kaiju lab link here- http://kaijulab.blogspot.com/)
Last edited by michael on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: karz works /kazumitsu akamatsu

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:05 pm

some older figures KARZ WORKS has done-

utilizing the search engine i found that he is the owner of marmit. hes making some awesome toys i wish i new about earlier

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Oh man, thanks for posting this! Damn, there's almost nothing better then getting excited about new toys! I like Zombiekong and Star X most but I want the lot of them. Not a stinker in the bunch!

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:13 pm

it's like scandinavian black metal but vinyl.... god*damn....!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:14 pm

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:Oh man, thanks for posting this! Damn, there's almost nothing better then getting excited about new toys! I like Zombiekong and Star X most but I want the lot of them. Not a stinker in the bunch!

Same zombiekong is incredible and star x isn't far off. All of them are fantastic.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:24 pm

i remember seeing astaros at toy karma 3, and it was huge. it that pic is even close to in scale, that ghoul is IMMENSE!
and i'm actually digging on astro kong... so badass looking!

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Uggh, fuck those are awesome. That kong ones remind me of the recent marmit skullhead butt gorilla. Probably uses the same body.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:56 pm

this man is a genius i love his works unfortunatelly they are unpainted and painted by the master himself are very expensive

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:09 pm

Mike what are you doing !!! Blowing up the spot like little sisters ;)

Yeah, saw these a few days ago and INSTANTLY became my new favorite line of toys. Now the hunt begins :twisted:

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:24 pm

that group shot really turns my crank. This guy looks like a 2 headed bemon took advantage of a chicken fever

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:36 pm

These are some of the best figure's I've seen in a long time! Love the crudeness of these...

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:59 pm

these are the first new toys I've actually liked since I've begun collecting vinyl again. classic movie-monster look to all of them.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Space X is cool. Would look good in some crazy clear colors too.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Here is his blog
http://star.ap.teacup.com/karzworks/

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:14 pm

Rich wrote:Mike what are you doing !!! Blowing up the spot like little sisters ;)

Yeah, saw these a few days ago and INSTANTLY became my new favorite line of toys. Now the hunt begins :twisted:

i know i know... i figured there would be consequences, but i had selfishly hoped that someone had an idea as to where to get some of these. i just want one and i would be happy.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:55 am

Slack wrote:that group shot really turns my crank. This guy looks like a 2 headed bemon took advantage of a chicken fever

Best description for a toy ever, and very spot on to boot ! :)

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:29 am

Love the expression on Astro Kong.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:19 am

Well whatever, I'm grateful you posted and let me in on these. I don't follow that blog so I did't know. Fun stuff for sure. I respect and appreciate his past figures, but they're not my type of thing. The hyper detailed type figures like that are amazing though. This series is more my thing, and I think many on the board's too.

I thought Chicken Fever too when I saw it, but I didn't really think about it, ahem um, mating w/ old 2HB. Yikes!

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:40 am

Still cool though.
Last edited by Greg Mishka on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:48 am

michael wrote:
Rich wrote:Mike what are you doing !!! Blowing up the spot like little sisters ;)

i know i know... i figured there would be consequences, but i had selfishly hoped that someone had an idea as to where to get some of these. i just want one and i would be happy.

all of these were instantly soldout at department-h even before this post was up.
u have to be there physically at the store to have any remote chance.
there were only maybe 2 or 3 of each this time.
but they are quite expensive at retail, so buying a complete set is too costly.
will probably regret not buying a complete set down the road since it will be very tough to get gather these 1st releases after this. i am sure there will be future releases down the road though.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Skull Head Butt

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:57 pm

What does a guy have to do to collaborate with this guy? Hahaha

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:23 am

Not a lot I can add except these being the most exciting release I've seen in a while... hang on, I probably said the same for Ilu Ilu and the Zollmen Zombies but these are the darkest I've seen in a long while! Too much stuff being released to handle, damn! :evil:

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:36 am

VERY METAL !! . . . . Love the SPACE-X one . . . . that group shot is amazing.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:20 am

holy crap i'm lovin these
Post a reply