ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Yamomark figures

Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:58 am

This new Yamomark sculpt is fantastic! I have heard its supposed to be a former Yakuza gangster. Looking forward to seeing what other colors will be popping up down the road. So far Dobura is the Yamomark toy that really grabs at me, I would be so stoked if a pink one was made.

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:04 am

I wonder what the right 'hand' is supposed to be?!
Any ideas?

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:30 am

Looks like a spike to me

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:12 pm

Maybe some kind of odd injector? Who knows! :lol:

Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:43 pm

I reckon that arm is a piping bag for hallucinogenic icing which he smothers his enemies with before eating his sugar coated enemies. :mrgreen:

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:06 am

These will be available for Super Festival this weekend.Also the new Chinpira color will be available for mail order in May.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:21 pm

Damn! I said huh? Amazing! What is this? Yamomark is the best. Surely I am dreaming. No this exists somewhere not in my house. Wow. That is two in a row, two in row. He is knocking down those tin cans.

Thu May 07, 2015 5:44 am

Here's a back view of the Chinpira figure - I think I prefer it more than the front!

Thu May 07, 2015 1:24 pm

The black garter belt on the mini Birabiran is sorta hot. :D

Mon May 11, 2015 6:54 am

Welp, missed out on the webstore stuff that was leftover from the festival due to being on vaca out of town. :( :( :oops: :oops: Hopefully I can track down this new Chinpira version at some point.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:23 pm

Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:38 pm

what a talented chap!

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:48 am

When I found out that Bwana got his hands on a few turtles and isopods to customize, I simply had to go for an isopod. Contacted him right away. I've wanted an Isopod Man for a while and Bwana is one of my favorite artists. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I know this isn't an official release or collab or anything like that, but I hope you guys enjoy the result.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:39 pm

Damn :shock:

This has got to be one of my favorite Bwana paint jobs! The gitd design looks just as good in the light, of course in the dark you can see just how well designed the gitd paint job really is.

You were right to jump on this, Patrick. The Bwana treatment on this sculpt is SO nice, man. Thanks for sharing!

Please contact me if you ever need to sell or want to trade him.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:55 pm

^ Beautiful! Not easy to pull that hand brush style off~

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Great custom from Bwana ! The alternate fish handgun arm is a cool bonus.

Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:25 am

The Yamo-thread deserves much more action.. Tumbleweeds around this place lately!

Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:31 am

^ Gorgeous shot & beautiful toy Glenn! Glowies done right always fix my mood~

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:48 am

Anyone got any thoughts on the ultraman kaiju? I think they are really classic. If anyone has a nice collection shot that would be awesome as I haven't seen a group shot yet. I have asked santa for a ragon.

Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:27 pm

My opinion is just from pics but I think he's doing a top notch job on the Ultra series. Ive been meaning to pick up a few favorites. Also Baku Kaiju Owada

Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:17 am

primecookie wrote:Anyone got any thoughts on the ultraman kaiju? I think they are really classic. If anyone has a nice collection shot that would be awesome as I haven't seen a group shot yet. I have asked santa for a ragon.

I actually was just doing some catching up on what's out there in toyland that I'd love and I think the kanegon, garamon, and ragon are really nice! I want all of them in glow versions. I see Yamomark has a seperate site for overseas orders and was hoping to score some of these (at the very reasonable prices!) through that but sadly none of those toys are available on the overseas site. Must be that damn licensing thing in the way as usual! Has anyone done the hard court press on the regular Yamomark site for the 50th anniversary toys going overseas?

EDIT: after searching the Kanegon, Garamon, and Ragon toys all seem to be JAPAN ONLY which sucks.The glowies all seem to have been sold via Medicom! Tsuburaya Productions needs to losen the reins a little on overseas availability IMO. Do they not realize there is a market over here for their characters?

Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:53 am

Not the best pic but this guy is stunning in hand!

Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:03 am

Lixx wrote:
EDIT: after searching the Kanegon, Garamon, and Ragon toys all seem to be JAPAN ONLY which sucks.The glowies all seem to have been sold via Medicom! Tsuburaya Productions needs to losen the reins a little on overseas availability IMO. Do they not realize there is a market over here for their characters?

The issue isn't Tsubaraya. There is an international rights dispute for the original series which prevents them from selling overseas. There is a pretty exhaustive Kaijucast podcast about it.

Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:53 am

analog101 wrote:
Lixx wrote:

The issue isn't Tsubaraya. There is an international rights dispute for the original series which prevents them from selling overseas. There is a pretty exhaustive Kaijucast podcast about it.

This is no dig at you because you're merely posting info but I find the "international rights dispute" a weak argument for non sales worldwide. In today's global market and given how old the series is this can't be resolved? I mean is it a internal fight between partners or family members? Is it the US saying you can't sell you monster toys here because we have our own versions and yours are too close to ours? They sell Star Wars and Universal monsters in Japan why can't the US sell Tsubaraya characters? We import cars and electronics from Japan why not toys? I'm just having a hard time believing this so called dispute that prevents characters over 50 years old from being sold outside Japan.

EDIT:

oh here it is:

http://ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Ultra_Serie ... ng_Dispute

This is beyond dumb. So this dispute seems based on heresay with no actual documentation of what actually was exchanged in 1976? The president of the Thai company Chaiyo sounds like an asshead. I read online he also claims he co-invented Ultraman. Give me a break! This needs to end, just give Tsubaraya all the rights back and be done with it. Sounds like a complete money grab.

What I don't get is how come Mandarake can sell the toys overseas then? Is that considered non direct sales?

Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:45 am

The whole thing is a pretty insane soap opera and I highly recommend the podcast if you have time to listen to a pretty exhaustive explanation of everything and some theories on what to do about it.

My guess is that when you license a toy you are bound by strict licensing rights i.e Toho can only give you domestic Japan rights and international rights have to be secured separately. Once sold though, the buyer can do whatever they want with it.
Post a reply