ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: New RxH . . .

Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:58 am

I just saw these via instagram. Not sure what the official name is but articulation is kind of cool.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:27 am

The new head is so amazing, I didn't notice the new body immediately. This really opens up the whole mix-and-match aesthetic with the adult type figures, especially for the more mechanical heads of the past few years (Mohican Trooper, the Guyver-ish one, etc.).

Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:48 am

Yes please! I missed that character! Looks great.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:21 pm

bryce_r wrote:Image

God I need this!
I have every early Hone Borg released.
I have a Hone Borg tattoo on my arm.
I deserve this!

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:46 pm

akum6n wrote:To answer the question, there are no stores in the U.S. that consistently sell RxH at present; there are few even in Japan (and their selection is very limited). Most RxH are sold through his physical store, so you either need to be there, find a friend or pay the secondary market sellers.

He posts new releases on his Instagram periodically, @realxhead.

As a lucky cat collector this has been incredibly frustrating for me. The batches now are tiny and disappear (even from the secondary market) before I even usually see the announcements. Does anyone know why Mori stopped dealing with US stores?

Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:50 am

^^ I've always assumed that its a language barrier thing as well as maybe he doesn't need the extra hassle.
He obviously makes a perfectly good living just selling to Japanese collectors . . . .

There are plenty of Sofubi manufacturers that dont deal directly with foreigners - like Bear Model for example.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:39 pm

The Moog wrote:^^ I've always assumed that its a language barrier thing as well as maybe he doesn't need the extra hassle.
He obviously makes a perfectly good living just selling to Japanese collectors . . . .

There are plenty of Sofubi manufacturers that dont deal directly with foreigners - like Bear Model for example.

Where is the new store btw? Google Maps still shows the old Katsushika address..

Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:20 pm

wheatpond wrote:Where is the new store btw?

No idea where it was or how to get there . . . but blink and you'll miss it!

Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:17 am

I was under the impression that Mori still has the clothing / toys store in a more central location
and the tiny one above replaces Shinto Gangu . . .

From Kaiju Korner:

The current address on the Real Heads website/blog:

Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:18 pm

Oh, got it. Thanks! Gonna stop by both later next month.

Mon May 30, 2016 9:16 pm

I was also wondering where to find them since the Tokyo Underground 2 book had the old addy. Thanks for sharing the info! Looking at the way he releases on Instagram hopefully I can visit twice while I'm over there in august.
Post a reply