ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: New RxH . . .

Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:45 am

Good god :shock: the arms themselves are like standalone figures! Its too good man.

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:56 pm

This is absolutely incredible! Congrats man!

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:11 pm

that is such a wonderful dream come true collaboration right there..

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:16 am

Recent twitter pics . . . this Star Wars tribute made me smile.

I assume from this tweet that Mori is closing the original store?
I'm basing this assumption on google translate.
初代 真頭玩具の取り壊しが明日から始まります。明日は見たくないので今日 身体に染み込ませて来ました‼︎☆

Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:17 pm

So much awesome stuff. I'm just happy it exists.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:11 am

Crazy to think its been so long, but after 5 years in Japan (4 in Tokyo), I finally made a trip out to witness one of Mori's releases, and wander around the area.

First off, the old (bigger) shop isn't just closed - the building is gone:

Then - after waiting for the 'opening in 20 minutes' tweet to appear, we got there and there was already a line of 60 or so people. A lot of the flipper crowd and a lot of the collectors you see at all the usual shows:

Mori has been doing sales by handing out random numbered tickets - so some of the people who got there last were up first to purchase. I drew a crap number :P

The shop is a small room with a few glass cases. Everyone seemed happy with what they got (even those way in the back of the line), which was cool to see. I thought about blogging this, but think it's more likely that people here might be interested.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:34 am

Thanks for the photos! Crazy that the old building is totally gone.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:57 am

Damn~~I will miss the old RxH store :(

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rWQH85]Image

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:18 am

JMRampage wrote:First off, the old (bigger) shop isn't just closed - the building is gone]

Thanks for the update, I was curious. I always wanted to make the pilgrimage but its too late now.

Wonder why the whole building had to go . . .

Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:23 pm

The Moog wrote:Thanks for the update, I was curious. I always wanted to make the pilgrimage but its too late now.

Wonder why the whole building had to go . . .

I'd say it's as good a time as ever to go! Mori is releasing new versions of older figures AND all new figures almost every weekend. And usually in decent quantities.

That's the way Tokyo works - if a property is sold, they tear down and rebuild - almost every time. Property is the pricey bit - not so much the building.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:49 pm

^ Thanks for giving us an insight of how his sales works, back to Manda! :cry:

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:19 pm

I've always wondered if the rxh logo is based off the captain harlock skull. Looks very similiar.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:59 pm

new microman tribute is pretty awesome...

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Wow the microman tribute is amazing! Really diggin everything in that pic! ^^

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:41 pm

^^
I bet you wish you could buy it. :cry:

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:18 pm

bryce_r wrote:^^
I bet you wish you could buy it. :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You mad bro?

Haha this guy. Come up with that all by ursrlf?

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:27 pm

CrystalMech wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You mad bro?

Don't be that guy.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:45 pm

^^
Always wishing and cheerleading...and then being defensive....too bad. (btw can't wait for the package and ty!!!)

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:13 am

bryce_r wrote:I've always wondered if the rxh logo is based off the captain harlock skull. Looks very similiar.

It does, also reminds me of Tatsunoko, especially the skull shape.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:58 am

@bryce & RudeBeast- There is a resemblance in the Harlock skull, but I wonder if it is just more of a general Japanese cartoon skull design than a specific reference. The RxH logo also reminds me of the skull designs from Megaman/Rockman and Dragonball in terms of proportions.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:30 am

akum6n wrote:@bryce & RudeBeast- There is a resemblance in the Harlock skull, but I wonder if it is just more of a general Japanese cartoon skull design than a specific reference. The RxH logo also reminds me of the skull designs from Megaman/Rockman and Dragonball in terms of proportions.

Yep, I guess you're right... the skull kind of reminds me of the Yatterman atomic mushrooms but I'm pretty sure I've seen similar skulls elsewhere

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:13 am

The Microman homage is killer! It also opens up a door for other color versions.

Are the blue and silver figures up top also homages? They're sort of Mega Man-ish, but I know that's already been done. (I think the above posts are making think that anyway.)

Thanks for the photos, John!

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:26 am

Such a bummer it'll be scoring that Microman homage.
One just went for 24000 yen :(

Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:40 am

spatula007 wrote:The Microman homage is killer! It also opens up a door for other color versions.

Are the blue and silver figures up top also homages? They're sort of Mega Man-ish, but I know that's already been done. (I think the above posts are making think that anyway.)

Thanks for the photos, John!

Maybe a homage to the blue Super Steel Microman figures?

http://www.microforever.com/SuperSteelM21Xdashwing.htm

Interesting note- I picked up one of the new Shinto-sans and it appears to be totally brush-painted (think the older Shintos used paint masks). Seems pretty time consuming...

Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:10 am

Has there ever been a lucky bag or lottery for RxH?
Post a reply