ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: New RxH . . .

Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:25 am

BrainDeadBrum wrote:Has there ever been a lucky bag or lottery for RxH?

If you mean for overseas customers, i'm pretty sure, no. I do recall Don facilitating some pre-orders on the defunct American RxH blog.
There was at least one full-sized pre-order and a lucky bag release for Shef rainbow mini's . . . i was in on that one (pic below).

http://real-x-head.blogspot.co.uk/

Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:50 pm

^^^^^ Oh I remember that mini release. Unfortunately the American RxH site never did get much traction.
There was a time when all RxH releases were avaliable on Super7. If memory serves me well most of those releases would just appear without any pre announcement or warning signs. I do not remember those releases including any lucky bags or a lottery system though.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:45 am

akum6n wrote: Interesting note- I picked up one of the new Shinto-sans and it appears to be totally brush-painted (think the older Shintos used paint masks). Seems pretty time consuming...

For sure! I was talking to don about this - seems like mori has been doing all the details with a brush recently - indeed, super time consuming! Maybe he misplaced the masks (it happens...especially after a few years and after producing so many molds/masks) or maybe he's just liking the results.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:21 am

plastichunter wrote:^^^^^ Oh I remember that mini release. Unfortunately the American RxH site never did get much traction.
There was a time when all RxH releases were avaliable on Super7. If memory serves me well most of those releases would just appear without any pre announcement or warning signs. I do not remember those releases including any lucky bags or a lottery system though.

There were some items sold by blind bag in the U.S., the first release mini Chaos being one. Another one was the unpainted flesh sets, which were sold blind-bagged with the chance to pull a 'rare' painted figure. A few lotteries as well, such as the first S7 RxH set and the unpainted neon yellow Mutant Chaos.

There was a 2006 lucky bag, which had the original unpainted white Mutant Zone figures. Another one was at the Super Festival in the beginning of 2011, which had micro run adult size figures in the bags. Some items were given out by lottery, such as the test shots that were distributed by random inserts with the slime set at the end of 2006. I also heard that the test shots on display at Junkspot in 2007 were ultimately given out by raffle. There's a bunch of others that I'm sure I'm leaving out.

So, it happened from time to time. Nothing regular like the Gargamel or S7 lucky bags.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:30 am

^^

I was assuming the original question was about Mori doing lotteries / blind-bags directly to non-Japanese collectors outside of Japan.
I dont think he ever has, has he?

Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:23 pm

The Moog wrote:^^

I was assuming the original question was about Mori doing lotteries / blind-bags directly to non-Japanese collectors outside of Japan.
I dont think he ever has, has he?

Oh, if that was the question then your answer is correct. I thought the poster was just curious about lotteries and LBs in general.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:29 pm

Thanks for all the information everybody! I was mostly curious because it seems to be a common thing for toy makers to do. Lotteries for specific figures mainly. Also because it seems like the only way to get RxH in the US is through second hand.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:58 pm

^^ second hand or DCON. Used to do a few releases through Lulubell if I remember correctly, but haven't in a long time.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:51 am

Where would be the best place to pre-order RxH figs?

Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:02 am

Earth-2

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:04 pm

3wing wrote:Where would be the best place to pre-order RxH figs?

'pre-order' . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:23 pm

Anti Social Andy wrote:
3wing wrote:Where would be the best place to pre-order RxH figs?

'pre-order' . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post modern - order 8)

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:43 pm

To answer the question, there are no stores in the U.S. that consistently sell RxH at present; there are few even in Japan (and their selection is very limited). Most RxH are sold through his physical store, so you either need to be there, find a friend or pay the secondary market sellers.

He posts new releases on his Instagram periodically, @realxhead.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:54 pm

Mori would probably do pretty well if he opened up international orders for his releases, but I respect him for doing it the way he wants to.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:54 pm

akum6n wrote:He posts new releases on his Instagram periodically, @realxhead.

That's why I was so curious. I follow him and have seen a few I liked.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:37 am

These are incredible, anyone know if they had sold out?? I've been checking the secondary market stores that usually get a few of his releases but no luck so far.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:17 am

^^ Being an older sculpt for RxH and not knowing when this version was released makes it hard to answer your question.
If the picture is more than a week or two old you can pretty much bet its sold out . . .

Unless you live in Japan, or have a friend who lives in Tokyo, the secondary market is your only option.

Cyclomagnon is an underrated RxH sculpt, i still love the one i have.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:36 am

any body have any thoughts on the ninja turtle that surfaced in the last week or so?

Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:26 am

wretchrd cp wrote:any body have any thoughts on the ninja turtle that surfaced in the last week or so?

Pics or it didn't happen.

Never mind:

I personally hate the hair/chops but otherwise, it's pretty cool.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Ninja Kappa!

(It's actually a kappa. And that's the actual name.)

I think it's a brilliant combination that brings together the two halves of the inspirational forces behind RxH, as I have been led to understand them ('90s pop culture and traditional Japanese culture). That said, the figure seems a little gimmicky, sort of like the Space Old Guy Bariban. So I'm not sure how well it nestles into the RxH stable of characters, but it's a fun looking toy.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:06 pm

I want that Shintosan.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:14 pm

i figured it was a kappa, mainly from the disc on the head. its odd as it seems like its wearing a mask and that is where the hair/chops come from...least thats my interpertation. it does totally make sense from mori's previously stated influences.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:55 pm

Image from the insta. look super rad.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:49 am

Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:15 am

Adult Hone Borg!
Post a reply