ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

New Elegab sculpts!

Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:51 pm

Just got the email last night/this morning

It's about time it's about time he came through with some new characters :) and Mimigiras totally slays.
These will be available for sale in a week.

Re: New Elegab sculpts!

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:02 pm

I saw and love these, I hope I can nab a few down the road. The stuff this guy's putting out is so fun, I kinda hope he decides to do a standard sized figure someday, I like the style a lot.

Is it me or does Honegon look like what Buttheads skull might?
Last edited by BloodDrinker6969 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:07 pm

Do want.

Mimigiras is so creepy. Looks like those ear mice that were in the news a few years ago.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:55 pm

Love these.
Really love Honegon!
Elegab has the funniest sculpts.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:20 pm

So so fun!!!

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:24 pm

What the hell? Does Honegon have elephantitis of the balls or something?

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:29 pm

melek_taus wrote:What the hell? Does Honegon have elephantitis of the balls or something?

Man, that's exactly what I thought, maybe Tanuki ancestors? :lol: So far, everyone I've shown them to on my computer has said that it appears Mimigiras appeared to have ears for arms.. to me they look like female anatomy makeshift wings :oops: ....but as soon as I've mentioned it, everyone sees it, and agrees @_@

Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:56 am

Mimi = ears.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:04 am

Zunougon is very, very cool... hopefully he comes to Patchi Summit this month with a few!!!

Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:19 am

these are great. although i prefer the yellow accent spray used on the test pieces than the silver on the zunougon

Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:36 am

Honegon doesn't do anything for me but the others are charming. Mimi especially.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:26 am

Elegab rules. The Mimigiras looks goofy and demented at the same time... The crude approach makes their toys stand out.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:19 am

Zaaier wrote:Elegab rules. The Mimigiras looks goofy and demented at the same time... The crude approach makes their toys stand out.

And a bit of Go nagai demon style. Weird enough for me.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:30 am

The Zunougon is wild.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:52 am

Now that I look closer, is Honegon the skeleton of Haramakion?

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:22 pm

Zunogon and Honegon are the best things to come out of Elegab, in my opinion. Both sculpts are rad as hell.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:07 pm

Nice to see some new, wild sculpts from Elegab. It's great that they've retained the raw quality from previous figures. At first glance I wasn't feeling Zunougon, but man it has grown on me after looking at it a bit. Honegon reminds of those little Skullbut figures some, but it's still pretty good looking.

Poke around his site and blog some and you'll find some other really interesting monsters. Anybody know if these are original characters or based on existing ones?

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:03 am

These are up for those who may have forgot. Elegab is creeping up to be one of my favorite companies. Like I've mentioned, I'm generally not a minis guy, like my toys bigger, but these are just all too good.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:14 pm

Could not resist!
http://dokurotarou.com/

Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Had to pick up all three Zunogon's, and the one Honegon that was offered. I'm super excited to get these guys!

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:16 pm

These rolled up to the house today, amazing! I thought I'd like Zunougon, but I LOVE IT! It's so 3D, not a toy you just pop on your shelf and look at from 1 angle.

The other 2 smaller gents rock too, but Zunougon really stole the show for me. I thought I'd like Honegon most, and I do love it, but Zunougon just really impressed me.

I know, I know "pics!" they chant, but I was too enthralled with the toys to be bothered with that at the moment.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:45 pm

The hardest part was choosing which color Zunougon.
Pics! Pics!

Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:16 pm

Joe wrote:The hardest part was choosing which color Zunougon.

Haha, I couldn't. The black just looked so natural and scary, but the metallic blue and green looked so pretty. I knew that if I passed them up at retail down the road, I would regret it hard, so I dove in head first. The completionist in me (that I am trying so hard to ignore lately) both winced and patted my back at the same time.

Hopefully this is the package that my girlfriend said arrived in the mail today!

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:24 pm

These are great! Monster madness, no rhyme or reason just carnage... right up my alley.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:02 pm

After tons of messing around and inspection I think this is the deal with Zunougon: The top creature is a mutated brain busting out of the head of the bottom one. The top guys back is very brain-like and around the edge of the joint where they meet it seems like stuff is oozing out and that, in fact, that bottom dudes head is busted wide open. It also explains it's sad expression. Even if that's not what it is, I'm choosing to believe so because it's a kick ass story.

Size comparison

I'll try to get some more pics up tomorrow. I can't wait to see Elegab's first standard figure now. :shock:
Post a reply