ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Zollmen Database- updated 10/21/12

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:11 am

Were they really $700?!

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:12 am

It's the goofy tooth version which grabbed my attention. Tis nice!

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:15 am

phantomfauna wrote:
CrystalMech wrote:
T.C.home wrote:$700

Oh wow, I'm sure there wasn't many made either.

IMO this guy is flawless. Just something different mixed with that vintage look and feel, absolutley incredible.

I'd agree if it wasn't just a remake of a old toy. :wink:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA_WD4fGRp4/?taken-by=yodamasahico

I still think it's a cool toy and fit's right in with ooze-it sculpt.

Ya I noticed that he found inspiration from those oldies but Im still just loving both of these guys. 700 bucks or not im really digging them. Let the relentless and never ending search for one begin!

.....and of course now I want those vintage minis lol :wink:

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:17 am

Did you see the vintage toy that has a lot of the same characteristics as the 2nd release Phantomfauna? The googly tooth one?

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:21 am

its a robocon character, swazi nipples and big teeth. forgot his name

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:37 am

michael wrote:its a robocon character, swazi nipples and big teeth. forgot his name

Yes! Robocon...it was on the tip of my tongue. Do you know anything about the vintage toy that the Megagorilla (1st release) is based of off? Maker?

I'm guessing Robocon as well after doing some very brief researching, but could be wrong?

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:21 am

CrystalMech wrote:Did you see the vintage toy that has a lot of the same characteristics as the 2nd release Phantomfauna? The googly tooth one?

Yes sir. I like it, but the first version with the Gorilla head is much stranger looking to me.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:26 am

CrystalMech wrote:
michael wrote:its a robocon character, swazi nipples and big teeth. forgot his name

Yes! Robocon...it was on the tip of my tongue. Do you know anything about the vintage toy that the Megagorilla (1st release) is based of off? Maker?

I'm guessing Robocon as well after doing some very brief researching, but could be wrong?

I don't want to derail thread but just sharing info, maybe it needs a new thread;
The Zollbot or whatever it's called is based on a vintage, variant diecast by Marushin.
Marushin made a Garuban ( Captain Ultra character ) diecast, then made a variant with an ape head.
Lots of great pics here from Robot Japan site;
http://robotjapan.proboards.com/thread/ ... ban-review
I'll try to dig up some of my old pics.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:45 am

Thanks for posting the link Ralph! I really like how the chest converts to a rocket launcher.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:58 am

^ Np Ben. It's one of the best diecast figures I've ever had. Fun toy which also has magnetic parts.

The Marushin ape head version is tougher than finding chicken teeth!

Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:11 pm

Robowaru :wink:

Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:28 pm

I think they look cool enough, but would offer criticism for not giving the price with the order info (if I understand correctly).

Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:25 pm

To me the toy is ok, but I don't like the vintage toy. The proportions are a little weird in my opinion, the arms are too wide, the body is too thin.

Man, I just really hate this new tiny run crazy price direction. It's like it's driven by ego and just a pissing contest with Nag. I get you can offer 10 toys at 700 and make or you could offer 40 toys at 200 and make the same, and painting 10 toys is a hell of a lot easier, but come on...

Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:38 pm

This looks like it's for people with more money than sense. I hope next we'll get something better from Zollmen that's a little more original and a little cheaper.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:42 pm

EastEndFrontier wrote:people with more money than sense

Sadly the norm these days!

Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:32 pm

EastEndFrontier wrote:This looks like it's for people with more money than sense. I hope next we'll get something better from Zollmen that's a little more original and a little cheaper.

BTW...This is not a Zollmen release. It's Loneck...CKA.

"Not for sale"

Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:36 pm

onibaba5 wrote:The Marushin ape head version is tougher than finding chicken teeth!

Ralph, do you know why chickens don't smile?

A=They tend to crack there beaks.

I'm so very sorry for that one. :wink:

Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:48 pm

Amapro did it better... like 10 years ago.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:40 pm

Ahhh yaaaas!! You are the man onibaba!! Big thanks for the info and the link. Such a cool toy IMO!

Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:13 pm

not talk about the price. they are interesting!

ImageUntitled by alan, on Flickr

Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:17 pm

phantomfauna wrote:
EastEndFrontier wrote:This looks like it's for people with more money than sense. I hope next we'll get something better from Zollmen that's a little more original and a little cheaper.

BTW...This is not a Zollmen release. It's Loneck...CKA.

"Not for sale"

....yaaa I guess we should continue this over in the Longneck thread.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:28 pm

Why was this ever brought up in this thread? Did zollmen have anything to do with it?

Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:09 pm

evom wrote:Why was this ever brought up in this thread? Did zollmen have anything to do with it?

I think the name Zollbots made it look like they were from Zollmen..

Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:59 am

evom wrote:Why was this ever brought up in this thread? Did zollmen have anything to do with it?

I asked..and not sure if this is correct but Longneck/CKA but sculpted by zollmen. SO probably should get moved to CKA
For the record vv

Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:04 am

apologies everyone, it was me who derailed!

pics of both versions were emailed to me from a buying agent who listed them as zollmen,,with no mention of longneck/cka..
Post a reply