ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Gargamel Header card figure question

Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:39 am

ok this question is for Baikin or Cometdebris or anyone who knows the guys at Gargamel. There is this figure on the back of some of their header cards that I love but don't know what it is and even if I knew what it was it would probably be out of my price range. What is it and is Gargamel going to remake this toy???????? It is the one on the right on this picture with his arms raised up.

this is a picture from the Bemon article in Super 7 issue 12.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:01 am

I would love to know as well. I hope the maker of Bemon makes a version. A Gargamel version would be cool. It would be cool if both companies made a version.
The original IKB toys are so damn cool!

Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:02 am

Just one more cool...Damn cool

Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:17 am

yeah I don't know why but that toy is so fuckin COOL!!!!!!!!!! I have wondered what it was since I saw it on the Bemon header so hopefully at least one of these companies will make it!!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:21 am

I thought this was discussed in the article next to that picture?
Or maybe I'm crazy and bryan said something about it on the boards..
I just remember it was a vintage figure that inspired bemon to be made.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:59 am

well the article said that IKB made a Mosugon 1 figure which was that one and they also made a Mosugon 2 figure that the header and figure where never found and that is what the Bemon is. I am confused I think. I would like to know what Mosugon is??????

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:20 pm

maybe bryan can shed some light

Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:14 am

I thought he was called 'Smoggon'!?
Anyway, they were created as sister-characters - possibly as enemies for - the Hedoran characters by IKB.
Someone I know, a hardcore Japanese collector, has an original.
The header card shows Mosugon/Smoggon (whatever) & Bemon on one side and the Hedoran Bros. on the other.
He told me no-one he knows has ever seen an original Bemon.
The guy making Bemon now only had the header card to go on when he designed his Kougai Kaiju!
Fascinating & arcane. Also possibly bullshit. (I dream stuff like this sometimes and wake up believing it's true. I spent a week looking for a purple Gargamel Hedoran once. It doesn't exist of course.) Anyway, I'm sure someone better informed than me will come along shortly...

Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:30 pm

that thing about the purple Hedoran is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the rest of the stuff you said sounds right!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing. I have been kinda asking around about it and basically what you said is what I found out!!!!!!!!
Post a reply