ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

WCC22

Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:03 am

I know its a poor substitute but here some pics of stuff that I brought home with me today...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/datadub/se ... 154821823/

Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:05 am

Ok, with that new RxH fig they are officially my favourite company at the mo!

Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:07 am

thanks a bunch.. its a helluva lot better that nothing!!! :D

love those technicolor chronic colorways - they're a big step up imo

Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:07 am

Sorry the I meant to mention that the B&W one is a custom for me from Mori thats why it says my name in japanese on it. :twisted:

and yes its a great fig.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:11 am

datadub wrote:Sorry the I meant to mention that the B&W one is a custom for me from Mori thats why it says my name in japanese on it. :twisted:

and yes its a great fig.

:shock:

That makes it even cooler. You lucky sod.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:19 am

yeah I know :D

Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:52 am

those real x heads are the shit. when are they coming to the US?

Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:55 am

though I'm no expert , but there is probably a chance that S7 will get the ramune versions as they are technically a 'regular release'. Seems like S7 has been fairly mum on what they are & aren't getting. Probably to keep ya'll frenzied. :D

Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:57 am

Awesome shwag. Thanks for the pics.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:58 am

i want that pink/red monster q skeleton body. :evil:

Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:26 am

There are some cool colorways that seem to me to be languishing on weak sculpts; like the cronic (still can't like 'em) and that larger, glittery cat guy. And the RxH stuff is just streaking up to really astronomical prices on YJA.

What'd I really like to know is if the Sunguts stuff that was there is as impressive in person as the photos have looked like they are.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:23 am

Man - not one, but TWO all-glow Gumos. If you ever feel like parting with one, drop me a line.

Nice stuff all round, though.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:23 am

Laffin Lapin wrote:There are some cool colorways that seem to me to be languishing on weak sculpts; like the cronic (still can't like 'em) and that larger, glittery cat guy...

Guess thats the trick of indie toy making, sculpts are expensive and colorways are cheap. Does make the guys get more creative with the materials and finishes, filling them with stuff, changing up head sculpts... but if people don't dig the initial sculpt then... I think Marmit definitely pulled one out of the fire though with the vinyl inner for Skull Butt Head.

Laffin Lapin wrote:And the RxH stuff is just streaking up to really astronomical prices on YJA.

And people are bidding on it. Mori-kun should stop selling the limited items at the show and just put them directly on YJA himself. How would people feel about that??

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:27 am

Love the Skull Butt Heads.

Selling directly on YJA would make perfect sense to me. May as well eliminate the middle man and put a bit more in the pocket of the artist.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:32 am

more than a bit, ESPECIALLY if people are willing to pay $250 bucks for a figure mori-kun sold for $35 this morning!

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:46 am

Yikes!!!! YJA is getting out of control (like eBay). I say go Mori-kun should go for it...

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:49 am

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was fuckin crazy at the RH booth.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:57 am

only thing missing was a couple of Balzac fans to mix it up!!

Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:22 am

If Mori wants to keep selling at festivals, he should have someone dressed up like an overstuffed Bigaro, and you've got to pin him to win the right to buy the toys. And if you want the secret fig, you've got to fight off a Chaos too.

Or he could open up his table at completely random times. Although the festival organizers probably wouldn't like that.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:44 am

Baikin suggested he start an hour later - when the dealers have to be working. I was thinking to make people show their entrance ticket (dealers don't get them) or just say no to people with Dealer stickers on their person.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:52 am

datadub wrote:I was thinking to make people show their entrance ticket (dealers don't get them)

Hey, THAT'S a GOOD idea! ...The problem with not selling to people with Dealer stickers is that they would just take them off to go shopping (as they already do!).
Post a reply