ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Topic locked

Re: Angora Patio

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:49 am

oniclub wrote:No hate but Alice knows what's up.... everyone keep doing there own thing!! Coop that dissected nag piece is amazing how long did that take! :shock: on another note I scored a bad meat nag! And at a reasonable price!! So stoked..

Just curious to know what you mean by reasonable... one was on mandarake at 900 something euros (that's around 1300 USD), probably disappeared in 5 to 10 mins

Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:18 am

RudeBeast wrote:
oniclub wrote:No hate but Alice knows what's up.... everyone keep doing there own thing!! Coop that dissected nag piece is amazing how long did that take! :shock: on another note I scored a bad meat nag! And at a reasonable price!! So stoked..

Just curious to know what you mean by reasonable... one was on mandarake at 900 something euros (that's around 1300 USD), probably disappeared in 5 to 10 mins

what he said. :)

Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:35 am

close to the retail price of the older nags...sold my other nags to this boardie so he returned the favour.. :mrgreen:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:51 am

oniclub wrote:close to the retail price of the older nags...sold my other nags to this boardie so he returned the favour.. :mrgreen:

Nice one, good to hear that at least some of these are being sold for decent prices :)

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:36 am

RudeBeast wrote:
oniclub wrote:close to the retail price of the older nags...sold my other nags to this boardie so he returned the favour.. :mrgreen:

Nice one, good to hear that at least some of these are being sold for decent prices :)

it's VERY true!!! believe it or not.....

people are often misled by the going yja/ebay prices...these prices don't always dictate trades & sales...thank god :)

way too many people gage everything on the going yja/ebay prices....

no matter how cool the toy/paint job,,,,nothing is worth $1k+ in my eyes!!!!!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:03 am

Truth!

Just because one person is willing to spend $1000 on a toy does not make that toy worth $1000.

A seller can ask for whatever they want but you need a sucker...errr..buyer to go along with the price.

If folks had a bit more sense and passed on overpriced stuff, prices would come back down to earth.

Show me a baller and I'll show you an impatient shit head. :wink:

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:43 am

Awesome score oniclub, you've been after one for ages!
Now i need to get one...

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:10 pm

COOP wrote:Image
_1170228.jpg by COOP666, on Flickr

_1170224.jpg by COOP666, on Flickr

These pics deserve to be dragged over to the next page.. All I can say is OMG!!! Header art is also top notch once again.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:11 am

turtletooth wrote:Truth!

Just because one person is willing to spend $1000 on a toy does not make that toy worth $1000.

A seller can ask for whatever they want but you need a sucker...errr..buyer to go along with the price.

If folks had a bit more sense and passed on overpriced stuff, prices would come back down to earth.

Show me a baller and I'll show you an impatient shit head. :wink:

Value is very subjective: if you look at material value these are just (admittedly great) lumps of vinyl and they obviously aren't worth a grand or two; but then makers are always free to follow another route, let's say i.e. similar to the one Elegab often adopts. No bullshit, pretty much order if you like and be patient. No flippers really can push it too hard as there is no big limit to the numbers. Made to order.
So I'd say a seller can ask for whatever they want and you might need a sucker to go along with the price but if we take a step back and start with the makers a lot of these high prices probably wouldn't exist in the first place.
Having said this I have no doubt in believing what Oni or Jeb are saying above, I've personally dealt with Jeb and can't but confirm how solid he is.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:16 am

Well it looks like those who are not going to make SDCC and score a Warhol Nag are getting a chance at something else! :shock:

My mind is kind of blown right now. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Shig definitely knows how to serve.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:43 am

The half White and flesh Is mine!! Back off nerds!! :wink:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:45 am

Those mixed-part nags are great!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:52 am

I Am The Fourth wrote:Well it looks like those who are not going to make SDCC and score a Warhol Nag are getting a chance at something else! :shock:

My mind is kind of blown right now. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Shig definitely knows how to serve.

Wow, these just get better and better

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:54 am

Great stuff!

Was there any original work at that show?

:twisted:

(oh, i'm sorry. double post?)

Joe wrote:Truly amazing show tonight.
It was a pleasure meeting you Coop and seeing your work in person.
Definitely worth the road trip even w/ Carmageddon. :twisted:

And if I had $ & space, this would have been my pick for the evening.

More coverage: http://kaijuchronicle.blogspot.com/2011 ... corey.html

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:34 am

Widowmaker wrote:
COOP wrote:Image
_1170228.jpg by COOP666, on Flickr

_1170224.jpg by COOP666, on Flickr

These pics deserve to be dragged over to the next page...

Well, I think I can help you there.
All I can say is: NOT FUCKING INTERESTED

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:58 am

The greenish glow one in the back is my pick.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:12 am

Those GID's are badass! The one on the far left is my favorite.

The mixed are just creepy :twisted:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:33 am

GID in the middle is the BEST one I've ever seen :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:06 am

Love the Mixed Nags best.

Shigeru please can we have a Cabs tribute next?
Last edited by organic_addict on Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:06 am

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:08 am

I love both these version. But I prefer the mixed parts best. Blue and orange faces are my favorites. I would have liked to see some GID with hair and some mixed without!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:09 pm

oh crap ! I'm really gonna have to enter whatever ringmarol lottery dingdongage to get one of those mixed parts. I just want one Genjin to model for my kooky fan tribute scribblings and wood hackings ....aaaaarrrrgggh...

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Not a stinker in the bunch! Gonna cross my fingers for beginner's luck. :P

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:22 am

I really dig the one green-blue one in the back--but they are all really nice. Shig is a madman.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:26 am

Vombie wrote:I really dig the one green-blue one in the back--but they are all really nice. Shig is a madman.

Totally agree, that one looks like the best one of the bunch, those eyes look incredible... but to be honest I'd wouldn't complain if one of the others came my way :)
Topic locked