ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Random reasons why Marmit Rules

Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:30 am

Lixx wrote:I was just checking out my toys and without a doubt this is my favorite Marmit toy (also edited this formerly dark picture in flickr's aviary just now). From the Ultraman Legend Exhibit in 2006 the very rare Marmit Ultraman Glow Version 1:

I will forever be consumed with self-loathing for passing on the above fella years back. Skipped the Baltan once, too. Elbow articulation wins all battles.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:42 am

David was it Glow Version 1 or 2? The second glow version looks like this except the glow areas are a greyish glow. There are also two non glow versions with the same articulatied pose. I think all four are hard to come by these days. Yeah I've only seen the silverish glow Baltan from the same set come up once and it was pretty pricey. Never have seen the purple/green painted glow Baltan ever come up for sale! I'm with you on desperately wanting one of those!

Don't worry my self loathing goes to wishing I bought one of those giant M1 Glow Ultramans when I had a chance!

Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:34 am

^^^ A beautiful Ultraman, to be sure! I love the body proportions and the shaping on his legs into his feet.
~morning Marmit mini:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:56 am

Lixx wrote:David was it Glow Version 1 or 2? The second glow version looks like this except the glow areas are a greyish glow. There are also two non glow versions with the same articulatied pose. I think all four are hard to come by these days.
It was indeed the ivory glow version that I passed on - dagnabbit - and I managed to skip a couple of swings at the yellow-eyed grey Ultra before, too. Stoopit.

Looks like, according to Ultrakaijyu, there are 6 versions out there:
I'd never seen the first and last ones from the row before.

Lixx wrote:Don't worry my self loathing goes to wishing I bought one of those giant M1 Glow Ultramans when I had a chance!
That glowey Yujimade tallboy remains one of my favorite shelf-divers ever. That said, I'd trade you for the grey one in a heartbeat!

rattanicus wrote:~morning Marmit mini ...
Beautiful bitty, Rei! Add him to the seemingly never-ending list of older Marmit toys that are new to my eyes.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:20 am

As long as I'm at it...
Lixx wrote:Yeah I've only seen the silverish glow Baltan from the same set come up once and it was pretty pricey. Never have seen the purple/green painted glow Baltan ever come up for sale! I'm with you on desperately wanting one of those!
Hard to accept that these duos were paired up at the same festivals:
ImageImage
ImageImage
What missed opportunities. I hate July 11th and October 18th now.

All 3 Mamitto Balties:
Such a great sculpt of that Mantango-laughing post-cicada.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:50 am

LOL and I have that book. Well can't remember everything especially since its late in the semester and I'm cramming for graduation. My head is filled to capacity- brain is prioritizing towards the 4 research papers I need to write in the next 3 weeks. :shock:

It's all about the glowies anyhow :evil:

Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:03 pm

Thu May 05, 2016 3:51 am

Does anyone know when the alien figures ship and if there are places still selling them?

Thu May 05, 2016 4:04 am

^^ If you mean the reissues by Medicom you would probably be better off asking that question on
one of the Medicom threads . . .

Thu May 05, 2016 5:09 am

Yes, and judging from the incredible popularity of these, and the way things usually go through Medicom, I highly suspect that there was only a certain window of available ordering time. Best bet is to actually find the listing on the Medicom site, for all of the info - I think it will have the most specifics you need. Good luck with it though, they are fantastic figures!

Wed May 11, 2016 12:40 pm

I was searching through old photos for another thread and found this fine argument for why Marmit rules:
Gubira, Mummy Man and Kemular = Tsubu heaven.

Wed May 11, 2016 1:59 pm

That is a lovely trio I have coveted in my inner thoughts David. I love the softer tones and sculpting on these Marmits, before getting into the all 'serious' stuff. I know the Mummy especially has haunted me on several occasions, not the least reason of which is I am still waiting to get a toy of him - any toy - from other makers. This was one of those key figures for me that I always wanted the non-existent Bandai version of for my Ultra guys, sorely alongside his Dodongo compatriot - a seemingly glaring omission for such an inclusive (and multi-decade now) line.

Wed May 11, 2016 7:53 pm

^ Lovely trio indeed!!! And such a beautiful pic... I have the Gubila unpainted~ when I first saw it I had no idea of the monster, but instantly fell in love with the sculpt.

Wed May 18, 2016 10:43 pm

Wed May 18, 2016 11:03 pm

~~~ Side effects include stem neck, stack foot and enoki palm.

Wed May 25, 2016 2:44 pm

This might just be my favorite interpretation of this wonderful, mysterious monster.

Wed May 25, 2016 3:17 pm

^ I've made a longtime habit of skipping that fellow, always hoping to land him - in or out of bag - with his travelling partner, Neronga.
ImageImage
You've now officially made me regret each and every pass! :oops: :)

Thu May 26, 2016 12:44 am

Yeah, he is a lovely one, great buy Rei. While I might dispute this fellas king among plants status with David, he is certainly very princely.

Thu May 26, 2016 9:37 am

Here's a reason why Marmit rules:

I've wanted a Dogu for a long time now, and happened to come across this one. After doing a little research, I concluded that it's the most badass version so I snatched her up.

Thu May 26, 2016 9:39 am

Definitely some assbaddery going on up there. All manner of washins and rubbins and jewels and sparklins.

I wonder what happens when he wakes up.

Thu May 26, 2016 9:43 am

Aaah! Loving the Matango and Dogu! Hot and bothered!

HOT AND BOTHERED! :lol:

Thu May 26, 2016 9:56 am

Wow, that is indeed a very lovely Dogu. Excellent find Jason! I have not seen that version come up for sale at all, so full props for acting fast on it when you did. A stunner, and I think he/she will look so nice in your colourful vinyl family.

Sat May 28, 2016 2:34 am

Man, that Dogu is excellent.
FYI, the Takara Microman Command 3 (M17X) figure and capsule design was based on the Dogu figurines.
The Microman figure was released as Galactic Defender (a Mego Micronaut) but without the capsule.

bansheebot wrote:Here's a reason why Marmit rules:
I've wanted a Dogu for a long time now, and happened to come across this one.
Post a reply