ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: New Gargamel Figs!

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:09 am

WF releases

Also looks like they got the official license for the votoms which is great news.
Last edited by bryce_r on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:19 am

I'm pretty happy about the Votoms license, too. I'm hoping that license extends to U.S sales.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:24 am

bryce_r wrote:WF releases

Also looks like they got the official license for the votoms which is great news.

Absolutely love this!! Want the matching keychain almost more than I want the toy!

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:00 am

Tried to snag him through the buying service I use but to no avail.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:42 am

i'm suprise it's not here

MECHA ZAG WITH GUTS !!

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:00 am

FML......

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:37 am

so good, love the batteries :mrgreen:

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:58 am

Yay! More Gargamel one-offs and customs. It would be nice to see more production runs and public releases.
Last edited by BrainDeadBrum on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:01 am

I would love to see a little driver figure added to go in the chest pieces. I wonder if any of the micro figures will fit.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:08 am

animator wrote:I would love to see a little driver figure added to go in the chest pieces. I wonder if any of the micro figures will fit.

pretty sure they fit

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:21 am

BrainDeadBrum wrote:Yay! More Gargamel one-offs and customs. It would be nice to see more production runs and public releases.

They wholesale lucky bags, micros and some mid size figures to make them more readily available to people around the world. They also held an online lottery for customs and had shows in several other countries. There isn't much more they can do, besides hold a custom show at your house.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:34 am

side.g wrote:
animator wrote:I would love to see a little driver figure added to go in the chest pieces. I wonder if any of the micro figures will fit.

pretty sure they fit

Yep the text of the blog post says they fit. And you can see one of the micros in this photo:

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:36 am

Maybe I started collecting Gargamel to late. I'm still looking for hedoran brothers and fight figures and they've moved onto making micros, customs and new scultps.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:46 am

TiredChildren wrote:
side.g wrote:

pretty sure they fit

Yep the text of the blog post says they fit. And you can see one of the micros in this photo:

Okay, I don't know how to read, or look at pictures.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:07 pm

BrainDeadBrum wrote:Maybe I started collecting Gargamel to late. I'm still looking for hedoran brothers and fight figures and they've moved onto making micros, customs and new scultps.

Those are still around if you know where to look

Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:55 pm

TiredChildren wrote:
side.g wrote:

pretty sure they fit

So nice!

I like too that they're not new micro sculpts specifically made to fit, meaning that not all, but some of the other micros could take him around the block once or twice.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Wowzers -- Really incredible. :shock:

BrainDeadBrum wrote:Maybe I started collecting Gargamel to late. I'm still looking for hedoran brothers and fight figures and they've moved onto making micros, customs and new scultps.

Or you could, y'know, just collect the stuff you want without any sort of timeframe or deadline.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:26 pm

Color ways are maybe tricky. But really you can find almost ALL of Gargamel's sculpts right here in the for sale threads for really good prices. Would be an interesting research project. How many Gargamel sculpts could you get at sticker price or below right here in two weeks... or a month? 40?

The new guts are amazing. There was a pretty major earthquake early this morning in the town they live now. Heard they were ok, so with some good luck, and no scary aftershocks, we will get to do this Thrash Out show next week. Send Gargamel some major good vibes please.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:57 pm

Well, just when I thought this year would be my last lucky bag year since I already have one Zag, one Deathra, one Garudan, and one Mecha Zag (and I'm not counting on a Miborah ever popping up in any of my bags because I'm not THAT lucky) they just have to go ahead and make Mecha with Guts a possibility for next year.
DAMMIT GARGAMEL, JUST TAKE MY MONEY NOW AND GIVE ME TIME TO GRIEVE MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT

Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Looks like the Hughest show is shaping up nicely once again.
The mecha guts are meticulously detailed. Amazing standards they are setting once again.
The evolution continues, hopefully the full mecha version is not far off.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:37 pm

gargamel never fails to bring me joy.

and I love the batteries!

Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:38 pm

maxaltoman wrote:The evolution continues, hopefully the full mecha version is not far off.

Either that, or Mecha Miborah will be getting his own "guts" head next!

...no matter what happens, if I ever get my hands on one of these Mecha Zags with Guts, I am putting a mini Zag in it.
A Zag piloting a larger robot version of itself.
IT'S GENIUS.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:20 pm

^ Being Zag Mechovich.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:59 am

Heard from Naoya that Gargamel gang is ok. But if the aftershocks continue there won't be a show, as there won't be flights in and out of Kumamoto. I'm don't think too many people understand that Nagoya and Kiyoka both live within minutes of the epicenter of the quakes happening in Japan right now. Send them some love.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:17 am

unfortunate about the show but glad to hear the gargamel crew is safe
thanks for the update bwana

edit: this is straight from the blog w/google translation

Kumamoto earthquake

It is Tamaka Ikeda that are not sleeping in the big earthquake and the aftershocks from last night.
Children were laid in the car.

While I understand your concern, we are safe.
I received a message of encouragement and a number of worry from home and abroad.
Thank you!
I had a healthy!

However, such as painted custom figure is not affected,
Number, which is to show in this custom show might still get less than usual ....
But we produced one by one with all your soul ... It is frustrating.
But, because the body was safely if changing the way of thinking,
Not give up, I would like to do our best as long as time permits to recover the workplace.

Thanking you in advance!

熊本大地震

昨晩からの大地震と余震で寝れてない池田圭郁です。
子供たちは車の中で寝かせました。

ご心配をおかけしましたが、僕らは無事です。
国内外から多数の心配と励ましのメッセージを頂きました。
ありがとうございます!
元気を頂きました!

ただ、塗装したカスタムフィギュアなどが被害を受けていて、
今回のカスタムショーで見せられる数が例年より減ってしまうかも知れません…。
魂を込めて一点一点制作したのに…悔しいです。
が、考え方を変えれば身体は無事だったので、