ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Gargamel Dokuroman Checklist

Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Does anyone know the story behind the standard size Dokuromans?

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:55 pm

Are you referring to what they were based on?
If that's the case then these guys. Mandarake gets them in periodically. I think a few members have some but they are very brittle and easily fall about.
ImageImage

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Thanks Bryce! Yep, those are the ones. I thought Gargamel had simply switched a Microman head for a skull and that was it but then I came across those... Are they actually part of the Microman pantheon and Gargamel licensed them? Or did two companies have the same idea? Who makes the other ones, actually? I somehow assumed they were standard size but... Are they? Not sofubi then? Cheap plastic?

Questions, questions...

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:09 pm

If you do a google image search of ドクロマン several of them come up. You might find some info as to the origin. I've clicked on several and nothing yet.

This site maybe.
http://spline.oc.to/mw/whatisit/index.html

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:36 am

Cheap plastic and action figure sized. You can probably find all the info you need on the thread below but if not feel free to throw any extra questions my way:

viewtopic.php?t=18868

Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:41 am

I can only say :oops:

(And thanks!)

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:20 pm

No problem at all!

petitetoilonrouge wrote:I can only say :oops:

(And thanks!)

Thu May 29, 2014 11:34 pm

On my want list, but was never for sale however I found an cool old pic of it I had saved from somewhere. Chrome Dokuroman...

I really wish that was a regular release!

Fri May 30, 2014 6:08 am

Indeed! Though chrome seems to crack with time... unless it was a pure metal version. :)

Fri May 30, 2014 6:35 am

dokuroking wrote:http://www.skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=18868
this was a great read through history! such depth of information. thanks for bringing it back to the surface.

Fri May 30, 2014 6:37 am

Oh and what are the smaller versions in the foreground of your picture Adam? Not the bootlegs we were talking about earlier? I somehow thought those were bigger...

+It appears there might be a clear micro with blue guts as well...

Fri May 30, 2014 6:56 am

Shit that opaque yellow microman is soo good. Wish that was released.

Fri May 30, 2014 11:52 am

Yes, the smaller one with the red chest paint is a vintage Dokuroman and the guy in front of him I think is a Denshi Kaizo Ningen but I've never seen an all clear one before and it's a bit blurry, similar styled guy though. They are only vintage action figure sized.

I saw that picture but has any more info surfaced on it? If so I need to go on the hunt!

petitetoilonrouge wrote:Oh and what are the smaller versions in the foreground of your picture Adam? Not the bootlegs we were talking about earlier? I somehow thought those were bigger...

+It appears there might be a clear micro with blue guts as well...

Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:53 pm

Added a Cyclopsmicro section to the checklist, and added some updates. I'm still missing the SDCC's from this year so once I get my hands on them I'll add those pics as well. Here are a few pics of a custom that I posted on the micro section previously but should have shown here as well:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:00 pm

holy shit that's amazing!

i especially love the reverse shot

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:25 am

Updated 02.10.15
Updates soon from Set B which is loaded with these sculpts!

Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:16 pm

Updated 02.23.15

Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:53 pm

Crap. Chrome!? Was that at Thrashout or something. And hte otehr opaque one. Looks more like "flesh" than yellow. any word on that one? Another testshot?

Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:05 am

Yep those are testshots that were in the Thrashout archives. There is also a red with yellow paint Dokuro that looks amazing. I've also seen some other clear and unpainted Microman guys as well. The only things I'm missing right now from Gargamel Dokuroman is the bracelet but I don't expect to find one of those anytime soon.

Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:18 am

I got this in the mail today, an original store display card:

Not vinyl but given the subject of the thread I thought everyone would like to see!

Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:30 am

Updated 12.02.15

Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:33 pm

Updated 02.21.16
Post a reply