ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: new gorilla ju!!!

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:55 am

JoeMan wrote:From what I remember reading, Kozik started those rumors because they wouldn't sell him a Bemon when he was at CKA. Maybe they just didn't like him, maybe they had none available and he wanted them to part with a display only Bemon, maybe he tried to trade a Labit, I don't recall. But you could see if a search drums up any info.

I'm sure Honda was afraid Kozik was going to spray a big anarchy sign on the Bemon and sell it as a one off.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:18 pm

If the heavy-weight displays at CKA were for sale publicly, i am pretty sure there wouldn't be any for display there by now. The should be all residing in my collection :)
Also, if any was for sale, I am also sure it wouldn't be cheap.
Mr Yoda is a super j-vinyl collector himself. I think he will welcome u more if you talk about anything instead of just hawking on his bemons & GJs.

stealthtank wrote:Maxaltoman and I walked up about 30 minutes late for the first release, which was announced on the CKA website, and there were 3 of the 5 for sale that day still available. The second time I scored was the red release which was held lottery style as more than 20 people showed up for the 5 up for sale.

Back to the GJs.
Nice memories stealth! I think the last of the 1st release that day was bought by mr nag3? The lottery for the red was intense and i think good things usually happen when we attack CKA together. Hopefully history can repeat itself soon :)

The first few releases of the GJs were memorable. The 2nd blue ver was a classic example. A part of the release was done at a flea market where you have to first find yoda among the crowd, get a card from him and then find his guerilla styled booth in the flea market. So you have to work hard if you want your toy. I think not too bad an idea since you tend to cherish stuff that you spent effort in getting.

The green GJ is not too small a run, so i think no need to go too crazy over prices yet if you are gunning for it. The pink though is a killer.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:51 am

I've been saving pics since these have been getting more underground or whatever. In case you haven't seen, here ya go!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:50 am

Silly me thought we would actually see more of them go for auction on yahoojp... :(
Anyways, I hope some skullbrainers can actually score.
And then sell them to me :twisted:

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:these have been getting more underground or whatever.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:30 am

our visit to CKA a couple of years ago. He seemed very friendly. I didn't get the sense at all that he didn't want to sell to westerners.

http://vimeo.com/1910515?pg=embed&sec=1910515

IMG_0843 400x533 by toybot studios, on Flickr

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:08 am

Axolotl wrote:Silly me thought we would actually see more of them go for auction on yahoojp... :(

I think it's more than anything a matter of time, they'll eventually pop up considering they're not one offs. There was one over the weekend on ebay but disappeared after a short while, a yellow vinyl one. The green vinyl was also on YJA a couple of weeks ago.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:27 am

Yes, I saw the green one. I actually meant more of the two last releases, considering they weren't released through the usual channel. I thought we might see them go more like the 2headB one after the other...

Kirkland, those are some nice vids and that store is just crazy. He looks like a real funny guy.

RudeBeast wrote:
Axolotl wrote:Silly me thought we would actually see more of them go for auction on yahoojp... :(

I think it's more than anything a matter of time, they'll eventually pop up considering they're not one offs. There was one over the weekend on ebay but disappeared after a short while, a yellow vinyl one. The green vinyl was also on YJA a couple of weeks ago.

Tue May 10, 2011 4:24 am

Had to dig up this thread 7 blocks away... :)

Anyone care to share pics of the Orange Gorilla Ju?

Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 am

Axolotl wrote:Yes, I saw the green one. I actually meant more of the two last releases, considering they weren't released through the usual channel. I thought we might see them go more like the 2headB one after the other...

Kirkland, those are some nice vids and that store is just crazy. He looks like a real funny guy.

RudeBeast wrote:

There is one available now if you have eight hundred plus dollars.

Tue May 10, 2011 4:52 am

JAY wrote:Had to dig up this thread 7 blocks away... :)

Anyone care to share pics of the Orange Gorilla Ju?

Tue May 10, 2011 5:45 am

That orange looks real sweet. I'm not sure I've seen all releases so far but together with pinks looks like one of the best to me.

Tue May 10, 2011 6:56 am

Blue eyes are what makes it for me on this release.

Tue May 10, 2011 7:04 am

Joe wrote:Blue eyes are what makes it for me on this release.

Just like Donald Duck's.

Tue May 10, 2011 7:07 am

Oh what! I just scrolled up and saw that Green one. Hulktastic!

Tue May 10, 2011 7:12 am

The gorillas are getting more & more ridiculous to win.
Anyway, here comes the enemy of the Gorilla-ju.

For the record, it is 100% sure now that the maker of GJ has no relation to honda of bemon fame.

Last edited by maxaltoman on Tue May 10, 2011 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 10, 2011 7:13 am

That's just insane. :shock:

Another one to admire from afar. :(

Tue May 10, 2011 7:13 am

Oh what! That thing is ridiculous.
I like the belly cannon.

Tue May 10, 2011 7:14 am

I'm not a big fan of Gorilla-ju, but I DO like what I'm seeing of Mechagorilla-ju! I wouldn't be upset at all if one of those fell into my lap. But not worth the money that it'll take to actually score one.

Tue May 10, 2011 7:26 am

That turned out great. The colors remind of Tetsujin-28. I think I'll just print out a picture of that and pretend I own one.

Tue May 10, 2011 7:27 am

I wonder if it will have a "mecha savage" hahaha. The swirly eyes really make that thing. Cool on a lot of levels.

Tue May 10, 2011 7:30 am

bryce_r wrote:That turned out great. The colors remind of Tetsujin-28. I think I'll just print out a picture of that and pretend I own one.

Can you print two? :lol:

Tue May 10, 2011 8:42 am

Yikes! Surely that will be tough to score, really nice though. So that's the mystery mecha beast? I think I need to just print out the entire Gorilla Ju catalog into a wall poster and just be done with it. Way too rich for my blood even getting one of them.

Tue May 10, 2011 8:59 am

Shit, I didn't give a crap about Gorilla Ju

Now this

FUCK

I love it

Tue May 10, 2011 9:02 am

Yikes.
39,000Yen for Hirota Saigansho

Tue May 10, 2011 9:04 am