ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Obake Dog Question

Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:24 am

probably a silly one.

Is there any evidence to indicate that proper 'masks' were ever produced (and subsequently used) for the Obake Dog head sculpt? I've only seen free-form 'spray' paint applications on that particular head.

I've recently fallen in love with the Goner Dog, and while at first blush it's a very similar toy to the Obake Dog (Snoopy body, etc.) it's wildly different in that it requires a much more 'clean' paint app to 'read'.

'Right'?

I'm just curious if there are any production-run Obakes that have been painted according to the sculpt, or if they've always been sprayed more interpretively like the ones I have/have seen.

Any info would be great. Thanks!

Re: Obake Dog Question

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:27 pm

i probably have 15 of these, and i dont' think any are painted with a mask.

the eyeballs always look like they are done with whiteout and a pen :)

Re: Obake Dog Question

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:23 pm

:) Sorta what I thought. The Goner is so crisp, which is great, but I've found that part of ODB's charm is, well, the shittiness.

Thanks for the reply. :)
Post a reply