ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

kaiju in brain

Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:24 am

Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:04 am

Very strange, just the type I love. Is it a glow? What co. makes it and what's its name? Sorry if I should know this but I haven't seen it before...

Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:08 am

Yes! Please provide more info on this guy... I saw some pics of the prototypes of this series in a Hobby Japan mag, and was dying to find out more... some great design on the other d00ds from that series.

thanks for the pic!

Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:04 am

My girlfriend bought this at the show, its made by Sakabashira Imiri and produced by Billiken, he is a comic artist for Garo. The monsters name is Pharoahs and this is a GID, its pretty sweet too! Sold out!! How about that for stiff writing.

Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:11 am

Ugh, sold out? There pretty much goes any hope I had of getting one of these guys.

Thanks for the info Baikin! Now off to searching for Pharoahs...

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:32 am

This guy rules. I'm glad he came out in another color because I missed the first release. The fact that he's glow was a bonus.

Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:24 pm

the_z wrote:This guy rules. I'm glad he came out in another color because I missed the first release. The fact that he's glow was a bonus.

There are a few other colorways, like GID, metallic black. I regret I was too late found this . They all sold out. :cry:

Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:44 pm

I'd like to see pics of the other colors. I've just seen this one and one other.

So this is an original character from Sakabashira Imiri? Are there other creations in the works (hope so)?

Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:58 pm

the_z wrote:I'd like to see pics of the other colors. I've just seen this one and one other.

So this is an original character from Sakabashira Imiri? Are there other creations in the works (hope so)?

Here you go, that's all I found

Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:04 pm

I like the sculpt and the creepiness / weirdness of it, but something about it (I think it's the triangular skirt type thing) detracts.

Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:56 pm

Cool...I wonder if they sold any of those unpainted GID ones?

Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:52 am

Couldn't find the pic with the prototypes online anymore, but turns out I had saved the pic:

Love the other guys too... if someone here can read japanese, please do tell us the name of the other characters...
Last edited by copperhead on Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:00 am

(L to R) PoteDori, Ion Totem, Wani Kappa

Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:02 am

Cool, thanks!

Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:35 am

Marusan Kaiju Sofubi -> ?????????
Mirai (mummy) kaiju -> ?????
Pharoaos (fuaraosu) --> ?????
portedori -> ????
Ion Totem -> ????????
Wanikappa (alligator kappan) -> ?????
Maybe only th eminia re a collaboration with Billiken
Lef t one is Top Star Nekko (cat)Kappz

http://billikin.shokai.co.jp

Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:46 pm

garadama wrote: (snip)

I was cool on this until you posted this colorway. I'd love to have this on my shelf. I was with Banshee on the triangle thing in front, but I got over that, too.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:19 pm

This is a really cool figure and I'm looking forward to the other releases as well. It looks as though there may be a green release coming as well? Perhaps somebody that attended Superfest could confirm?

Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:44 pm

it's all over the place... but in a good way
sort of mayan kaiju

Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:23 am

Here are some pages from the comic. I dont know why but a couple of the links are not working!!!! :(

Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:17 am

I put up some picts of the comic.

Re:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:01 pm

copperhead wrote:Couldn't find the pic with the prototypes online anymore, but turns out I had saved the pic:
Love the other guys too... if someone here can read japanese, please do tell us the name of the other characters...

datadub wrote:(L to R) PoteDori, Ion Totem, Wani Kappa

Anybody know if those 3 ^ ever made it into production :shock:
I would so love to own more Sakabashira toys :|

Re: kaiju in brain

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:21 pm

I love Sakabashira's toys. The little one with the airplane wings (PoteDori?) is so cool. He is very good friends with Elegab. They are/were in a band together.
One of my favorites of his is Burugan...
from kaiju korner blog http://kaijukorner.blogspot.com/2009/06 ... -blue.html

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Finally - I managed to get these guys !

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:04 pm

I bought this a couple of years ago by bluekaiju.
I don't remember his name...but I love his stupid sculpt!!!

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:25 pm

dedoperucelli wrote:I don't remember his name...but I love his stupid sculpt!!!

Kuriten Seijin (Alien cretin !)
Post a reply