ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: KUMON

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:20 pm

No good deed goes unpunished around here :roll:

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Waiting... wrote:well I just had to go erase about 50 PM's :evil:

Why?

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Scary Andy wrote:

Why?

Exactly what I was thinking...

Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:23 pm

Scary Andy wrote:

Why?

because I PM'd a handful of people that wanted one and they sold out before most were read (it was more like 3 the 50 was for dramatic effect :lol: )

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Waiting... wrote:
Scary Andy wrote:

Why?

because I PM'd a handful of people that wanted one and they sold out before most were read (it was more like 3 the 50 was for dramatic effect :lol: )

That explains the pm I never got but got...this makes me sad. Thanks for looking out though!

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:54 pm

okkkkKkkk, looking at the past trends of surprise kumon drops on lulu, does it mean we have to constantly camp for the latest Jan SF release heh?

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:58 pm

haha, why do people assume its ok to go screaming about sales?

Some of us do daily sweeps of our fav. toy shops, we'd appreciate our efforts not being thwarted by someone screaming wolf.

Dont blow it up, its the nice thing to do. Please.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:29 pm

haha, I wouldn't consider posting a heads up about a sale for a kumon in a kumon thread on a forum like SB screaming about...since I imagine its a pretty small population reading said thread.

I would think sharing it with fellow boardies would be deemed considerate...I didn't realize it was so cutthroat and that boardies would be so shitty about other boardies getting hooked up :?

If you are doing daily sweeps then you shouldn't worry since you shouldn't miss these sales...and Lulubell posted it on FB so I think it was probably old news by the time it hit here. But I like how I'm to blame for people missing out...seems like misplaced aggression :x

And for those haters who didn't score and gave me shit:

But lesson learned and I apologize for my party foul as I am a newb and am still learning. Next time I will keep my knowledge to myself. :oops:

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:41 pm

MonstaIslandCzar wrote:...since I imagine its a pretty small population reading said thread.

I wouldn't be so quick to make that assumption. If you want to hook someone up, PMs work better.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:21 pm

Yeah, tons of sweeps, sadly I am not able to do them in my sleep, so sometimes those hours that it takes for people to notice and word of mouth to get around, is enough to help me score, me at least.

And I am not blaming you for me not scoring, I am asking you to keep info like that to yourself or use the PM function to inform those people that might be interested. Thats all.

But thanks, aggregating the work into a thread must be nice.

If it where some Nag thing or Bemon, you wouldn't be so condescending about it, alas, I dont collect such things and thus you deemed it less worthy of attention or so it seems.

I will say this, the hunt is part of the fun, so if not this time, then the next.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:14 am

I'm glad lulu always get allocation for these awesome event kumons, but I'm equally sad they are always released when I'm deep asleep. Maybe set a small allocation for us desperate Asian fans :oops: :wink: ??

Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:22 am

^^
THIS!

there is alot of ASIAN love for these stuff, so please cut us some slack :cry:

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:12 pm

And to think i was coming here to post when i still saw it on lulu today...i dont even collect them but now i know on SB no good deed goes unpunished

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:46 pm

The preorders sold out within 30 minutes of their FB posting anyways :(

Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:57 pm

AgentRavage wrote:The preorders sold out within 30 minutes of their FB posting anyways :(

Pre-orders??? Which one? I guess I really am out of the loop!!!!!

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:01 pm

SF61, here's the pic from lulubell site. It went pretty quick, I didn't even get to PM anyone it was up before it sold out.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Ok, now I understand. I was super late to send the few I promised last month, I've been kinda up to my neck in poopoo since then.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Shit... I had missed this pic somehow in the past. I want this one to match my dokuroman by Kiyoka, I also want the Cigarette Harm to match!
Ultra999 wrote:is this a one off or production version? green slime vinyl?

http://twitpic.com/5u270f

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:29 pm

You do realize every flipper in the world uses this site to gauge hype and what to buy for the "genre"?

MonstaIslandCzar wrote:haha, I wouldn't consider posting a heads up about a sale for a kumon in a kumon thread on a forum like SB screaming about...since I imagine its a pretty small population reading said thread.

I would think sharing it with fellow boardies would be deemed considerate...I didn't realize it was so cutthroat and that boardies would be so shitty about other boardies getting hooked up :?

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:05 am

A bit late to the Kumon game, but glad to score my first Kumon! Really love the paint on this one, and the glow is awesome, pictures just don't do this justice.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:33 am

That's a beauty. Great paint.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:01 pm

That Dennis guy is pretty skillful.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:36 pm

The glow on that one is great! I had a hard time finding any at first, then I was able to get a bunch in a row, now i'm back to waiting for the last couple haha. I really like each and every one of these that have been done. Glad to see you're enjoying it.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:02 am

nice kumon chickenchop

Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:02 am

dokuroking wrote:The glow on that one is great!

I dunno . . . i have three of the glow Kumon now and i'd say their glow is a bit sub-standard. Definitely not as strong as my other glowies . . . . but of course, thats better than no glow at all.
Post a reply