ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Spectreman

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Thought it's better to consolidate all Spectreman stuff here. Just noticed that Zinc's version of the Dustman is a different version than mine. Anyone care to shed some light into this?
His is painted over flesh vinyl with silver highlights but mine is oon green vinyl with gold highlights on torso and silver on toes and fingers.

Re: Spectreman

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:24 pm

I see some slight differences between yours and mine. The pupils are painted larger on yours. The red in the mouth is also brighter. But yours is green vinyl?

Here's a shot of the feet with the foot stamp.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Here's mine.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:50 pm

Well the stamps are the same so that's good news. Hopefully someone out there be able to enlighten us of why the differences.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:52 pm

I don't see why the stamps would have been different to begin with... they're the same figure, just two different paint versions.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:48 pm

I may be wrong, but I think the light green on flesh vinyl is the CCP version. The green vinyl with gold and silver paint is the Masudaya version.

I just got the green with silver and gold spray today. Surprised to see this thread. And interesting that the foot stamp on mine is different than the one pictured.

Maybe one of our resident experts can shed some light?

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:40 pm

Melek- I think yours a vintage, with the extra copyright on the feet. Could you measure the height on yours? Height on mine is 8.5"

I thought the repros were done when CCP took over Mausdaya? Or was it a collab?

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:52 pm

melek's Dustman looks like the original:

http://mononofu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/museum/masudaya/sp/sp_st07_01.html

The additional text on the stamp is "copyright Fuji Television."

CCP reissued the Masudaya Spectreman vinyls. I am not aware that CCP took over Masudaya. There are many versions of each sculpt out there. I've never seen the green over flesh version before.

I suspect both zinc and kurumonz's Dustman is the reissue version. CCP probably blocked out the Fuji Television mark since they were just reproducing the toy itself and likely did not deal with Fuji TV (whether this is typical licensing practice in Japan or not, I don't know).

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:59 pm

kurumonz wrote:Melek- I think yours a vintage, with the extra copyright on the feet. Could you measure the height on yours? Height on mine is 8.5"

I thought the repros were done when CCP took over Mausdaya? Or was it a collab?

I thought it was vintage when I bought it. I have seen the same copyright on vintage headers.
Mine is almost exactly 9 inches (8 and 7/8).

I didn't know CCP made a dark green repro though. I thought it was just the red, light green and blue.

akum6n- Thanks for the cool link. That looks like him. Just with better paint.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:37 pm

I've seen the vintage green Dustman at Mandarake Akihabara. That particular one had some typical surface wear and a less exact paint job, especially inside the mouth. It also didn't have much of a sheen, unlike the newer ones. But most of all it had a very strong "old toy whiff." Yes, I smelled it and it was definitely musty.

And then put it back, deciding to not to start a new and even more dangerous habit of collecting vintage toys. :lol:

Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Another question regarding the Dustmonster--I have this version, scored from a fellow boardie.

It has yellow eyes, as compared to silver from the ones that I've seen, anyone?

Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:45 am

Interesting all green CCP version. I did not know it existed. Mine is green over flesh vinyl too. I find it better that way.

CCP works with the original molds, except for Mitsukubi which has been lost.

Melek's version is indeed a vintage. The footstamp is the proof.

Your version puzzles me Jay, I've seen it when it was proposed for sale, and I found it strange as I've never seen it with yellow eyes.
Did you look at it closely, does it look like original painting ? I can't see why anyone would have repainted the eyes yellow anyway...

Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:39 am

i don't have the slightest idea..he looks awesome though, I almost felt the eyes should've been painted yellow in the first place. :D

Oh well, looking forward to score his brothers.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:02 pm

The yellow eyes definitely look good on your blue version Jay.
I hope to score some of the CCP versions (especially that blue) one day.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:25 am

The blue pops up on YJA every now and then. I think there's one other color they did for that beyond the blue and green.

There's also the modern CCP sculpt, which freakin' kills.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:31 am

^^^^

Green, Blue and the red version. (Tim's picture)

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:03 am

please stop teasing all of us unfortunate folk with that photo yet again! :lol:

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:07 am

CCP "Modern" Version :

Last edited by plasticXO on Tue May 21, 2013 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:10 pm

this is an interesting topic as i never really paid attention.

there is another variation of the green version, so that makes three versions at least.
it is painted on red vinyl and has yellow eyes.
the blue also has at least two variations. one with the yellow eye and the other is silver eye.

i wonder how many more?

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:03 pm

Right on. Great info maxaltoman.
Way more versions than I had thought.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:37 am

At long last, my Spectreman grail!
Alien Zuno.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:35 am

So jealous ...

Congrat Kuru !

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:28 am

kurumonz wrote:At long last, my Spectreman grail!
Alien Zuno.

made by CCP?
I love it!

Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:41 am

Yes, by CCP.

@plasticXO- never know when one will pop up. I waited years.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:33 am

cool toy..I love that episode
Post a reply