ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Spectreman

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:59 am

I just created a list here for the recent Masudaya reissues from CCP. I haven't added any vintage yet, and can't promise that it is all-inclusive, but it is a decent start.

Spectreman re-issue list

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:42 am

Thanks! Now that I see it, I have been to this thread before (but I just read it all again).
Glad that you created it though. I have always been frustrated with the lack of any comprehensive Spectreman list on the Club Tokyo site.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:48 am

To go way back to post kurumonz' 1st post, here are the 2 green versions of Dustman together :P

(sorry ultrakaiju, I really took my time to come up with this shot ;))

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:47 am

Oh, well that was well worth the wait, what a great shot! Thanks for sharing them. Both those figures are real beauties, I am not sure which green I would choose if I was forced to pick a favourite; the darker is excellent in that classic vinyl toy sense, but the brighter guy (on yellow vinyl it looks like?) is so colourful and funky. I think the lighter might just eke out a win for me by having the base colour come through like that - really nice effect. Happily you will never be forced to make that decision! :D

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Thanks a lot :)

The light green one is on flesh vinyl. I'd love to have an unpainted flesh one.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Aw, don't tell me that! Flesh vinyl is even better! :mrgreen:

That is going to be a must have now, I think.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:46 pm

These are so great. On what color base vinyl is the darker green Dustman?

Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:27 pm

I think that one on the left is just on the forest green vinyl, with the extra gold and silver highlights added on top.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:46 pm

Yes the base is dark green on the one on the left.

Sat May 03, 2014 3:37 am

Awesome Toy new series debut.

FAKE SPECTREMAN:

Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:45 am

Upcoming Awesome Toy release : Fake Spectreman #5 inspired from the Brazilian comic.
I like AT's take on the franchise.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:56 am

The blue Spectreman sure did have some different kind of adventures !

Fake Spectreman Vs Fake Darth Vader Vs Fake Red Sonja (?)

As a matter of fact, if anyone can help me get one of those brazilian comics :wink:
Last edited by plasticXO on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:05 am

Damn, that is indeed amazing! Thanks for digging this up and sharing it here. Now I really want one of those Fake Vader figures! 'Power of evil' indeed, just look at that maniacal mouth.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:43 am

Wowzer! It'll be great if someone can pick that up and make it in soft vinyl! And thanks for sharing, plasticXO. And I hope to see a shot of your entire Spectreman herd one day. Missed the mini spinners on your website.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:23 am

plasticXO wrote:As a matter of fact, if anyone can help me get one of those brazilian comics :wink:

I had never heard about this Brazilian version of Spectreman. Thanks for sharing.

This blog has a scanned version. The download link in orange still works. Its a .cbr file
but you can open it like a zip file. Inside is about 50 pages.
http://rockquadrinhosscans.blogspot.co. ... -1982.html

There is also this blog with more scans of the comics, with download links in blue.
I've tried a few and they seem to be working.
http://komikerbr.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06 ... oquio.html

Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:24 pm

^ Thanks for doing the digging, fellas! Now we just need to bring a translator into the fold. :)

Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:54 am

I really hope we'll have the second head coming.

kurumonz wrote:Wowzer! It'll be great if someone can pick that up and make it in soft vinyl! And thanks for sharing, plasticXO. And I hope to see a shot of your entire Spectreman herd one day. Missed the mini spinners on your website.

Thanks kurumonz :D I thought those spinners had been long forgotten :lol:

Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:04 am

plasticXO wrote:I really hope we'll have the second head coming.

kurumonz wrote:Wowzer! It'll be great if someone can pick that up and make it in soft vinyl! And thanks for sharing, plasticXO. And I hope to see a shot of your entire Spectreman herd one day. Missed the mini spinners on your website.

Thanks kurumonz :D I thought those spinners had been long forgotten :lol:

Nope. Embedded in my head! :D

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:56 am

Only available in Japan.

Licensing rights seem pretty erratic in Japan as the 4 previous one were available to the foreigners...

Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Around the corner:

Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:26 pm

Not as cool as Fake Spectreman Brazil but another version in the pipeline (wonder if it will be available overseas?) Not really keen on the 'home alone' expression though:

http://sofvi.tokyo/fakespectreman6/

Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:26 pm

Lixx wrote:Not as cool as Fake Spectreman Brazil but another version in the pipeline (wonder if it will be available overseas?) Not really keen on the 'home alone' expression though:

http://sofvi.tokyo/fakespectreman6/

He is actually from an alternate Brazilian (maybe Venezuelan, def South America) comic book as well. These comics are impossible to find in nice shape, let alone even as a beat up rag.

toothaction wrote:^ Thanks for doing the digging, fellas! Now we just need to bring a translator into the fold. :)

CyberAnn? ;)

Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:33 pm

I like the new guy too, but can see how the expression wouldn't be for everyone's tastes. It does really give me that classic bootleg comic feel though. Damn shame these comics are hard to come by. I think it would be just fantastic if Awesome Toy did a repro mini comic that could be included with the figure. Heck, even just a 'cover' of it would be a blast to have.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:15 am

Completely opposite to Awesome Toys' bootleggish approach, CCP is proposing an original realistic new sculpt from Episode 52 : Spectreman's colleague and boss :D

The two versions seem to share the same sculpt, with only bands on the helmet to distinguish the boss.

They were announced / displayed during last month's Super Festival, along with unpainted version for sale (blue, yellow, red).

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:19 am

And here is Medicom's sheet for Fake Spectreman #6 (Japan only).
Awesome indeed !

Post a reply