ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: BEAR MODEL

Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:38 am

ultrakaiju wrote:I am not sure if anyone here managed to grab these, but I just came back to the computer and saw this delightful listing I thought I would share, since they are now sold out. Since we were talking previously about the really great Tsuchinoko sets, I wanted to also post this set from the same series, which is new to me. It is another simply perfect duo of mythical monsters, this time a big and little 'Nessie' pair. I really just love the classic dinosaur stylings of them, the colours they used, and the quirky-ness of the two different sizes for mother and baby. Another Bearmodel homerun I think, and an instant want for me. Now to track them down (if I can).

ベアモデル マボロシソフビ 【ネッシー親子】

I don't really know how many other cryptids might be part of this series, but seeing this new set I had not come across before makes me very hopeful for the possibilities. And Bearmodel never disappoints.

If someone here was quick enough to snag these, I offer my congratulations to you. It is an extra treasure hunt I probably didn't need, but welcome. :P

These must be pretty rare . . . i've seen the snakes for sale a few times but never those.
Looking at the header it would suggest a few more in the series, maybe?
There is very little info about these online.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:52 am

Page 16 of this thread has some more info on this set and series.

Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:34 pm

Ahaha, what a dummy I am. :oops: I completely forgot that you shared that with me once already Mark. But then, I am a̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ a ginormous space cadet (just call me Cap), and I guess all that book learnin' and real life stuff is pushing out a lot of the good info. Anyways, thanks for the reminder Mark! Great that you snagged a set of these too.

:P Ought to be even more embarrassing seeing as how I went through the trouble of linking right back to that page!

Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:04 am

I've been looking for the blue Daimon for what seems like a loooong time.
Finally found him . . . big respect to Cindy for the heads-up!

Yokai-tastic :D

Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:06 am

^^oh man! congrats! that one is much better than the green IMO
I need to start looking out for it

Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:11 am

^ Greenie, for what it's worth, comes in an extremely lovely box with an insert and stand. Plenty lovely in hand, too.

That said... yes, Bluie rules. Congrats, Joe!

Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:14 am

^^nothing against greenie :P

I have one and love it (no packaging with mine though..)

Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:16 am

The sculpt is just amazing to me - so much well-balanced detail packed into such a little guy. Pretty perfect.

Did you change your name, Brent? You have me wondering if I've been hallucinating capital letters all this time.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:17 am

^^ Thanks guys, i do like the red and silver sprays and the extra eye-detail on the blue.
I think the sculpting shows better on the green version, so they both have their merits . . . .

Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:32 am

toothaction wrote:Did you change your name, Brent? You have me wondering if I've been hallucinating capital letters all this time.

I don't know what youre talking about..

yes I've gone lower-case :)

Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:36 pm

With all 2heads now getting crazy expensive, i am happy that BM is still pricing theirs somewhat affordably. And what a quality daburasu and in black too !
If you enjoy unhyped and stress free scores, head over to toyful now :D
Beats a 270,000yen yabanjin anyday, anytime in my books :)
Post a reply