ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Upcoming Secret Base Releases

Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:54 pm

666doll wrote:I don't believe they are flashlights with on/off buttons on the back of the head. Odds are they're the rattle around a bit and they turn on and blink kinda' lights. Could be wrong tho. Andy?

I just hope there is a way to change the batteries without messing up the figure or letting the flashlight stay inside of it and have the battery acid eventually leak out and mess up the vinyl from the inside.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:03 am

Where did you find out about the light?

Hairdryer is your friend.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:37 am

gatchabert wrote:Where did you find out about the light?

Hairdryer is your friend.

This is a translation directly from the page.

"Lame lame Prison color × It is sold in red and green phosphorescent!
Furthermore FLASH HEAD Ver light has been charged to the head"

As terrible as the English translation is anyways. Some come with them and some do not from what i gather so its completely random.

Also there is a picture after that one of some shown glowing from the inside.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:52 am

SB has previously released figures with a tiny motion activated flashing led with a tiny lithium battery. It just rattles away in the cavity of the figure. Nothing major.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:54 am

Probably the same type that Buff mentioned. Nothing new and sometimes you get a dud. The light doesn't matter to me. I just hope I get one, but not a Damaged Brain.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:31 am

Bert's right. Pop the head off, remove the light and replace if needed...

Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:14 pm

Yup just like a bouncy ball light.

Now I just need them to send me the email confirmation so I can pay them :lol:
Kind of fun that they are doing a possible free toy and flashing light this year. Hoping for a pumpkin head.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Hoping for a email too ... missed out on both M. P.S. B. #1 & M. P. S. B. #2 releases...
Good luck to everyone.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:10 pm

carlisle60 wrote:Hoping for a email too ... missed out on both M. P.S. B. #1 & M. P. S. B. #2 releases...
Good luck to everyone.

Odds are good as they are still up on the site. I heard back pretty quickly. Can't wait to see what everyone gets!

Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:22 pm

Kevlo9 wrote: Odds are good as they are still up on the site. I heard back pretty quickly. Can't wait to see what everyone gets!

How quickly did you hear back, Kevin? I emailed them super early Saturday our time, and haven't had a response yet. I've just had issues with responses on my last two orders from them is why I'm curious.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:45 pm

I heard back pretty quickly too, i think shortly after midnight EST. Hoping for some stinky red glow parts!

Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Oh damn, guess my email got lost it sounds like. Time to email again :lol: :?

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:03 pm

dannyvslc wrote:Oh damn, guess my email got lost it sounds like. Time to email again :lol: :?

It happens sometimes, if I were you i'd just foward the email sent the first time. avoid confusion.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:32 pm

dannyvslc wrote:
Kevlo9 wrote: Odds are good as they are still up on the site. I heard back pretty quickly. Can't wait to see what everyone gets!

How quickly did you hear back, Kevin? I emailed them super early Saturday our time, and haven't had a response yet. I've just had issues with responses on my last two orders from them is why I'm curious.

I emailed them on Saturday morning and heard back within a couple hours. Good luck!

Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:21 pm

Thanks for the information. But now I'm worried my earlier email lost too. Just re-sent it , so hoping for a reply. Sent my first email late Saturday/early Sunday .. it was still daytime in Japan.

Maybe I was too late? Still not sold out online, though.

Edit. Now says Sold Out ... Sigh :(

Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:58 pm

Took the advice on here and re-sent my email this morning after initially sending an email order a couple of days ago.. Got a reply about half an hour ago saying "sorry they are now sold out". Wish they caught my email from the weekend hey! :P

Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:26 am

They got to my email finally. Just looks like they were behind from the weekend or something. I emailed at like 5am though, so I'm guessing they actually sold out pretty quick. Just took time to go through emails.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:49 am

dannyvslc wrote:They got to my email finally. Just looks like they were behind from the weekend or something. I emailed at like 5am though, so I'm guessing they actually sold out pretty quick. Just took time to go through emails.

Thats why i sent my email as soon as it went up online cause i knew it was going to probably take awhile. And even than thats no guarantee you will obtain the item you want. The only thing that bugs me is you cant directly purchase merchandise via cart purchase. I imagine its much much easier for Japanese residents to grab rare limited Sofubi items especially the more desirable painted pieces just by the simple click of cart and shipping info. Or maybe im wrong idk though. Hopefully that changes to something simpler for foreign customers in the future though i doubt it.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:07 am

Got 2 emails from them = first one said 1 available , so I emailed back to confirm order. 5 minutes later , I got a sold out email :shock: . Sent another email trying to find out what was going on and in the meantime , got a invoice !

So I guess I really lucked out & got one by the skin of my teeth.

Fingers crossed for some red glow..

Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:19 am

Noobs of Skullbrain. No one cares!

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:38 am

Black and white Rebel SC's are up on Usugrow's site. Apparently there's a mystery color too!

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:04 am

Good things come to those who are patient. I sent one e-mail.

ImageM.P.S.B. 3 001 by J-San, on Flickr

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:12 am

Awesome pulls Jason!

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:53 am

Very nice pair! Lighting fast arrival

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:55 am

Solid pulls for sure!
Post a reply