ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

FiveStar Toys

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:47 am

Anyone else heard of these guys and own any?
http://fivestar-toy.net/

And I totally dig their collabs with MxMxM and Punk Drunkers...

Anyone know where I can even PICK UP these guys?!

Re: FiveStar Toys

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:49 am

There's been a few mentions of the company, particularly their Sunshine figure. I think they make some nice stuff.
Grumble carries them. Check the pre-order section.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:26 am

Damn! Thanks for the lead!
I LOVE the vintage, yet Neo look of them. Though I believe the wrestling characters are based off of a manga/anime? Still rockin!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:30 am

Characters are from Kin-niku man.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:32 am

Yep, AKA M.U.S.C.L.E.S in the US. good times. Thanks for the heads up though.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:54 am

Thanks for posting these, first time I see them. They look pretty awesome!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:56 am

I never even noticed them on pre-order at Grumble! Thanks for the lead again! REALLY trying to score one of those collabs above. MxMxM are sold out on that wicked colorway.

These guys would put up a good fight with some old Marusan Masked Mascaras!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:01 am

is it just me or does the dude pictured look like the president of medicom's evil twin brother

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:11 am

I was thinking the same thing.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:55 am

I just got the flesh color Sunshine from Grumble.
Seriously my favorite toy right now. Oh and its HUGE :shock:
I only wish I had them ALL!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:26 am

I never got over my love for Kinnikuman, and I seriously wanted to pick up one of these Sunshine guys. With these reviews now I am tempted even more so. I would love one of the tag team sets too, but they are a bit out of my price range.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:19 am

Big hunk o' fun!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:29 am

turtletooth wrote:Big hunk o' fun!

HOLY SOFUBI!

Wow, that is GIGANTIC!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:48 am

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:49 am

LOVe that picture! Walk of shame and defeat!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:55 am

sunshine is one of my favorites. he's such an ass in the comics haha

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:35 pm

Heh...yeah, I preordered that unpainted pinky Sunshine from Grumble, too. Can't wait to get him!

Fivestar is pretty dope...I've got a few like the Buffaloman and unpainted blue Ashuraman...thanks to Daniel for the lead when that went up on Mandarake! Great toys--whether you're a fan of Kinnikuman/M.U.S.C.L.E. or not. They're just BIG, beefcake toys!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:08 pm

I will get the 6-arms guy within 2 weeks, i will post a picture once i havé it ;-)

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:22 pm

Hell FREAKIN YES!
Can't WAIT for pics! Might be tempted to have one shipped myself!

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:06 pm

I have a mix of painted and unpainted ones...I don't know how I feel about that. I don't really collect unpainted figures, per se....but I kinda dig these because they totally feel like Jumbo-sized versions of the original MUSCLE figures from the 80's!

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:20 pm

sigh...I really think i'd enjoy collecting these, but damn they're pricey! aren't there like 100+ character designs in the original line?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:12 pm

Vombie wrote:sigh...I really think i'd enjoy collecting these, but damn they're pricey! aren't there like 100+ character designs in the original line?

I get your point and agree. I think the m.u.s.c.l.e's minis that came out were so cool and completely collectible but I really don't see the appeal of the full size figures. Maybe buying one or two at the most but I think for me (as a child) part of the appeal was to buy a shit load of them.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:23 pm

God damnit. I have always wanted all of them. I can just imagine a big collection of them looking so perfect together. I do find it kind of odd that they don't do more unpainteds, especially in flesh.

Where's Brocken Jr. and Warsman?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:44 am

or Benkiman?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:01 am

Vombie wrote:sigh...I really think i'd enjoy collecting these, but damn they're pricey! aren't there like 100+ character designs in the original line?

236...roughly. :wink:

I agree: the appeal of the original keshigomu was the sheer critical mass of them. I have a few dozen of my favorites as a kid (and ones I always wanted), and I'm cool with that. I'm not a completist with these guys. Similarly, I think I'm just going to get my favorite characters among the FiveStar lineup...
Post a reply