ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Butanohana Database

Mon May 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Thanks for clarifying, akum6n.
Hmm, wonder why Gargamel left out the black lining.

Wed May 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Put some new pics up of pink m1go, brown gigasu, orange dust monster, flesh kurozaro, naked cavemen. Found og pics of naked cavemen and pigmon.

Wed May 25, 2011 5:16 pm

These are sculpted by champions. Completely great.

Fri May 27, 2011 7:50 am

Need it, need it, got it, need it!
Now with pictures, Droolsville!

Fri May 27, 2011 8:44 am

Mr. Humphreys wrote:I have the Red and Gray Vacuum Lady, but no light box :oops:

Cmon Grace. You don't need a lightbox. You need a kid, an upside lamp, white paper and a firetruck. It's what I use.

Fri May 27, 2011 10:21 am

So that's how you take pics bryce! Yeah Grace all I did for some 'fill in shots' (to replace crappy low res pics) was grab my g/f's sketch book, ripped out a few pieces of white paper, taped them together (stacking dvds to hold up the background sheet) and stood the toys on a record player near a window for light. Instant light box (well with a natural light source).

Fri May 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Without turning this in to a how to thread here's mine!
Sheet of paper, light from a window behind and some paper to reflect some light back, black worked well to bring out detail on lighter toys.
Works a treat!

Fri May 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Ok! You've convinced me :oops: . Will try to snap a pic of Buta Vacuum Lady this weekend, sans kittee :oops:

Thanks for the porta-lightbox suggestions! :P
... now where do I find a kid? :x
Oh! I forgot I have a pink wormy centipede guy, and I will snap a pic of him too.

Sat May 28, 2011 8:51 am

Outstanding!

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:02 pm

The Database is really looking amazing, great work everyone.

There's the a little Tail that was released a while back also, not many people know about this one and i really regret passing on it the only time i've seen it come up for sale.

Can't seem to link it but its posted here http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_x69CqILVwZY/S ... 0-h/go.jpg

Just a quick amendment for the database that Blue Gigas is a blue vinyl base with cream and brown paint.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:50 pm

pretty frekkin'sweet, never seen it before but i wish i had one!

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:02 pm

GoldenArmKid wrote:The Database is really looking amazing, great work everyone.

There's the a little Tail that was released a while back also, not many people know about this one and i really regret passing on it the only time i've seen it come up for sale.

Can't seem to link it but its posted here http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_x69CqILVwZY/S ... 0-h/go.jpg

Just a quick amendment for the database that Blue Gigas is a blue vinyl base with cream and brown paint.

If you check out the Thrashout Buta show. The display cases were littered with these unpainted red tails. I did understand the connection but I think I asked akum6n about it.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:06 pm

I don't know what it is. I think someone said it is supposed to be Gomora's tail, but I could be going crazy.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:55 pm

akum6n wrote:I don't know what it is. I think someone said it is supposed to be Gomora's tail, but I could be going crazy.

I'm sure Baikin knows

Dennis?

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:56 pm

As Dennis is busy with his gyozas and ramen, I will be filling in for him. :lol:

Yes, that's Gomorra's tail. In the episode where he battled Ultraman his tail was severed. Supposedly like a gecko's tail it stays alive. Here's a pic(not mine) of a painted version.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Taiya

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Last edited by JAY on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:11 pm

awesome jay! taiya is such a cool sculpt.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:33 pm

I don't want to sound like a h8r, because buta is my favorite maker, But I am very glad I personally don't like that buta ape, because I would never want to have to score one. :oops:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:58 pm

I have this in my wants and never really thought about it but it was probably never made! Don't even know the name or anything about it, but I'm sure someone here will!

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Shiverbones wrote:I don't want to sound like a h8r, because buta is my favorite maker, But I am very glad I personally don't like that buta ape, because I would never want to have to score one. :oops:

You're not the only one.

I'm not the biggest fan of it either, although I wish I could score that grumbletoy G.I.D set with it included for a reasonable price.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:55 pm

GoldenArmKid wrote:
Shiverbones wrote:I don't want to sound like a h8r, because buta is my favorite maker, But I am very glad I personally don't like that buta ape, because I would never want to have to score one. :oops:

You're not the only one.

I'm not the biggest fan of it either, although I wish I could score that grumbletoy G.I.D set with it included for a reasonable price.

Jay's pic of the ape above is not from the GT set.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:17 pm

Axolotl wrote:I have this in my wants and never really thought about it but it was probably never made! Don't even know the name or anything about it, but I'm sure someone here will!

that's based off the ooze-it toy!
http://www.stretcharmstrongworld.com/photo4_3.html

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:21 pm

logang1 wrote:
GoldenArmKid wrote:

You're not the only one.

sorry, just referring to the ape in general.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:49 am

GoldenArmKid wrote:
logang1 wrote:
GoldenArmKid wrote:

You're not the only one.

sorry, just referring to the ape in general.

No biggie. Its funny though, if you look at the sprays on Jay's ape it very well could have been in that set.

Nice score Jay!
Post a reply