ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

SDCC 2011 exclusives

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:39 pm

What other toy companies are having exclusives at this year's SDCC ?

While I'm mainly after Japanese toys, you're welcome to post non-
(until someone yells at me)

Re: SDCC 2011 exclusives

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:50 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39423

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:24 pm

that's a good start but there has to be more by now...

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:26 pm

Chad Hensley wrote:that's a good start but there has to be more by now...

Yeah, that thread is shit. Doesn't skullbrain have a history of being the top hit on google for SDCC exclusive news?
We are slacking.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:23 pm

most of the announcements / pictures haven't gone out yet. SDCC is still a month away so everyone is probably rushing to finish. I also think people don't want to start promoting too early either.

but I will have some exclusive news and pics in early July that will blow minds...!! :twisted:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:53 pm

it's going to be up to the wire for me.

That's part of the fun! I always deliver under pressure.
I will have nothing short of "killer" and no less than "variety" this year with a regular supply of "usual". :D

Should be teasers in a few weeks. :D
Hangin' out is the true fun!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:53 pm

i have confidence that PK will deliver under pressure and not just pump out blanks

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:12 pm

rhinomilk wrote:i have confidence that PK will deliver under pressure and not just pump out blanks

Blanks are good too though!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:15 am

animator wrote:
rhinomilk wrote:i have confidence that PK will deliver under pressure and not just pump out blanks

That really depends on what kind of blanks your talking about. At my age I wish I was just pumping out blanks. Instead, I have to visit Dr. Chopp tomorrow.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:16 am

What SDCC is all about!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:28 am

blakewest wrote:
animator wrote:

That really depends on what kind of blanks your talking about. At my age I wish I was just pumping out blanks. Instead, I have to visit Dr. Chopp tomorrow.

ever see that jackass movie where they give themselves papercuts on their lips. i feel sorta like that now.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:32 am

rhinomilk wrote:
blakewest wrote:
animator wrote:

ever see that jackass movie where they give themselves papercuts on their lips. i feel sorta like that now.

Dr. Chopp? There are other ways you know..

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:59 am

Ghost&Flower wrote:
rhinomilk wrote:
blakewest wrote:
animator wrote:

Dr. Chopp? There are other ways you know..

Honestly, several people have told me he's the best in town. He even gives you a t-shirt afterward that says "I've been Chopped".

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:58 am

I too am excited and attending SDCC the japanese presence has been dwindling(except for anime :( ) overall but the vinyl stuff is booming

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:15 am

fusuki raze wrote:I too am excited and attending SDCC the japanese presence has been dwindling(except for anime :( ) overall but the vinyl stuff is booming

serious?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:07 pm

Paulkaiju wrote:it's going to be up to the wire for me.

That's part of the fun! I always deliver under pressure.
I will have nothing short of "killer" and no less than "variety" this year with a regular supply of "usual". :D

Should be teasers in a few weeks. :D

I don't have a ticket to SDCC yet but I need to get one just so I can get more PK awesomeness!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:20 pm

ButcherBrand wrote:I don't have a ticket to SDCC yet but I need to get one just so I can get more PK awesomeness!

Sold Out. Better hope you can score a resale badge.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:46 am

I'll be at Wonder Fest thinking how awesome it is to BE AT WONDER FEST. Weeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:49 am

Baikin wrote:I'll be at Wonder Fest thinking how awesome it is to BE AT WONDER FEST. Weeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Wonder Fest high five!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:09 am

Some sofubi makers who attended in years past, including Real Head and Uamou, won't make the trip to San Diego this year. SDCC is a cool event, but for Japanese vinyl, Wondefest and Superfest are the marquee events, with a nod to Pachisami for the ambiance and good beer.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:29 am

Is Gargamel coming?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:48 am

toybotstudios wrote:Is Gargamel coming?

Yes!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:20 pm

andy wrote:Some sofubi makers who attended in years past, including Real Head and Uamou, won't make the trip to San Diego this year. SDCC is a cool event, but for Japanese vinyl, Wondefest and Superfest are the marquee events, with a nod to Pachisami for the ambiance and good beer.

Bummer

but at least Gargamel will be there

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:44 pm

i'd love to see the exhibitor list to get an idea of who actually has a booth. anyone know when the list is set to go up on the site?

is datadub joining up with onell again this year to bring us a variety of awesome from japan?

actually, why am i asking these questions... even without a teaser pk is already taking all of my limited funds :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:16 pm

Well I hope PK doesn't reveal all at SDCC (so by all means Paul, take your time :twisted: ). For the unlucky rest of us who can never attend, here's to crossing the fingers for some special items at Superfest!!
Post a reply