ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Lamour Supreme's New Vinyl

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:14 pm

So I've been told.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:14 pm

OH SHIT MAN PAGE TWO ...

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:15 pm

Yeah, I know right?

That's just how it goes around here.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:23 pm

I dunno.
But isn't that sum FAIL right there?

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Details man.

It doesn't matter in the long run.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:37 pm

Damn dude, you should lay off the blow! :wink:
Last edited by Kevlo9 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Btw, do I really have to ask:

Why the fuck is this bullshit in Japan Toys?
Why is it here at all?

Don't they make a Server tiny enough to cope with Mishka's fanbase?

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:35 pm

It's one thing to be a cynical fan and picky about what you like. It's another thing entirely to post 3-5 posts in a row to show how much attention you need. Edit your first post and while you are at it, have a real point. If your point is "I do not like this toy and this is why" then say it and be done. We get it, you hate the Mishka, Lamour, NAG, Coop circle of acquaintances. You feel like they run on hype and they charge to much for toys you don't like. Now that I have summed that up for the masses you can stop because it comes across like one of your parents was never around and didn't know how to express their feelings. Needing that much attention or putting that much stock in your own opinion to others detriment is never a good look. For the record, I usually like you antics. Mainly because they are funny and don't take themselves to seriously. This diatribe on the other hand is just annoying and self serving. As someone who owns a Baby Huey and always wanted to see it in vinyl I am stoked to have this LS toy on the way. I will know how I feel about it when I actually see it but I am excited.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:39 pm

^^^very well said and I couldn't agree anymore.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Leave my boy Alice alone. Haha. He's entitled to say what he feels.
Made in Japan, sculpted and painted in Japan, I'm just some clown who doodled something who inspired the real artists

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Sorry LS, I'm normally an Alice fan. Clicking on this thread 11 times just to see another Alice post got me riled up a bit. The slew of different personalities around here is one of the main draws but I think we all need a quick slap once in a while. Quick, someone slap me... hard... on the bum.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:37 am

Daimyo wrote:It's one thing to be a cynical fan and picky about what you like. It's another thing entirely to post 3-5 posts in a row to show how much attention you need. Edit your first post and while you are at it, have a real point. If your point is "I do not like this toy and this is why" then say it and be done. We get it, you hate the Mishka, Lamour, NAG, Coop circle of acquaintances. You feel like they run on hype and they charge to much for toys you don't like. Now that I have summed that up for the masses you can stop because it comes across like one of your parents was never around and didn't know how to express their feelings. Needing that much attention or putting that much stock in your own opinion to others detriment is never a good look. For the record, I usually like you antics. Mainly because they are funny and don't take themselves to seriously. This diatribe on the other hand is just annoying and self serving. As someone who owns a Baby Huey and always wanted to see it in vinyl I am stoked to have this LS toy on the way. I will know how I feel about it when I actually see it but I am excited.

I'm not sure if Alice actually hates Mishka, Coop et cetera but I don't think he hates Nag (the dude has quite a few if I remember well). On the contrary I think that's the point you're missing: i don't think it's only about hype or what has been charged in the past, I think it's about seeing more coming from Shig and less from Mishka or Coop.
IMHO once in a while is fine but almost every realease feels too much. At this point Nag as a maker or brand is essentially defined by one of the two... and where has the first Nag gone? When did the fucked up, post atomic caveman start riding hot rods and or listening to the Prodigy or Velvet Underground?
I must admit that I am not a Coop fan but I can appreciate the influence he's had on some colabs... having said that I also would prefer seeing Nag going down his own path with the artwork and the presentation. And I am not putting his talent in doubt but more than anything looking forward for more pure Shig. In this sense I think I understand where Alice is coming from. Having said this I apologize for taking away focus from this thread's subject but just wanted to re: to your post with some additional thoughts.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:18 am

Another teaser...
A battle axe hand with a studded bracelet, so metal :twisted:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:27 am

^^^ Looks like a pterodactyl axe... ^^^

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:02 am

RudeBeast wrote:^^^ Looks like a pterodactyl axe... ^^^

yea it does! haha, that so great.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:17 am

LamourSupreme wrote:my boy Alice

:D Okay, you got me ... I lol'd.

And Daimyo is right: my mother never loved me,
and I hate myself & want to die.
However I am far too much of a coward to actually top myself,
so I cooked up this elaborate scheme to have Greg send one of his "boys" round
and do it for me.
"Who better than a New Yorker?" I thought. "And a New York Russian at that!"
Unfortunately, my plan doesn't seem to be working,
because LS, not I, is a gentleman.
I doff my cap to you sir.
Or ... has an agent already been dispatched? :shock:

Anyway, +1 what RudeBeast said, but at the same time I will have no truck with people
who are so blatantly taking the piss out of others who got them where they are.
And I'm surprised to see that there are still people here
willing to bend over and say: "Please Sir, can I have some more?"

I'm ready for my slap now.

"His blood/alcohol level ... "
" ... It's over 9000!"

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 am

I know I was glossing over Alice's true and deeper feelings, I just didn't feel that the posts in question were helping get it across. Now that Alice seems to be in usual form, I will return to enjoying his shenanigans and this thread. :wink:

Pterodactyl Axe!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:08 pm

If that hand has interchangeable weapons I'm going to punch my cat.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:35 pm

I thought it was a goose or a swan. Pterodactyl would be quite cool though! Either way, that weapon shot interests me a lot more than the first one.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:08 pm

Can't wait for this one!!! :shock:

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:10 pm

This figure is going to be sick. Can't wait to see what the rest of it looks like

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:59 am

LamourSupreme wrote:Leave my boy Alice alone. Haha. He's entitled to say what he feels.

+1

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:49 am

Axolotl wrote:I thought it was a goose or a swan. Pterodactyl would be quite cool though! Either way, that weapon shot interests me a lot more than the first one.

Reminds of the Mattel Rodan...

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Doesn't Rodan have two horns?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:12 pm

RudeBeast wrote:Doesn't Rodan have two horns?

Yeah but the short beak reminds more of a "Rodan" style pterodactyl....
Post a reply