ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Lamour Supreme's New Vinyl

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:18 pm

daaaamn i cant wait to see some more of this guy!!!

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:19 pm

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:15 pm

Any progress/word on this dude?
I'm really looking forward to him.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:45 pm

holy hell hammers.. that's some wicked Celtic Frost shit right there... morbid tales

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:42 am

Yea I'm all over this at NYCC, but what days might you be going this year? I couldn't find you last year on Saturday for Nags. Saturday was wayy packed. Any chance you will be there Friday this year?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:07 am

damn :mrgreen:

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Ahh, what the hell, why not? I'm in a nostalgic mood right now... :P

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:39 pm

So sick Walt. I like the retro feel of the ad and it's funny how my design aesthetics totally fit :lol:
I'm sad to say though, I did hear from Daisuke from Arrow and the figure will not be ready for NYCC. Sorry folks. Hopefully for a Christmas release. I did do this painting for the Kirby benefit show at Maxwell's on the 15th. It'll be for sale. 3' x 5' canvas and proceeds will go to the Kirby Museum.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:52 pm

Lamour, that should be a velvet black light poster!

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Chad Hensley wrote:Lamour, that SHOULD be a velvet black light poster!

Pretty fuckin please!

Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Woow, thats one kick ass canvas. I might just even like it better just in black ink, or not, neon colors are the best colors of the spectrum! And make it look alive. Forgive my ignorance, but I never heard of the Kirby Museum? Jack Kirby museum is what i found after some googeling?

I'm trusting the delay or not having it planned to release at nycc are worth the wait!

Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:11 pm

I just puked all over my keyboard, that painting is so sick L'amour!

Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:21 pm

NOOOOO!!! I so wanted one at NYCC. Oh well such is life. Awesome poster.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:10 pm

That piece is just THE stuff and a fitting tribute to a true master of his craft! Well done LS - Jack would be proud!

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:47 am

The pterodactyl axe reminds me of the Taarna's bird from Heavy Metal.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:56 am

Lamour i love that the girl on the floor looks like a cyclops slave version of crystal... The inhumans are my fav kirby creations....

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:24 am

reminds me of dr doom. but then again, holy grey skullz!

Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:24 pm

please have prints of this @ NYCC

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:46 pm

Lamour does it a good!
A must buy

Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:14 pm

Man, If you made a plexiglass print with a matching figure like the Real Head set, I would buy the hell out of it. LOVE the Dr. Doom cape and pose.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:39 pm

Thanks guys, I will have a very small amount of prints at the con. For whoever attends, you need to check out the Kirby show at Maxwells in Hoboken NJ which is a quick ferry ride from the Javitz center. Such sick artwork dedicated to the King.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Any chance that this guy's going to be under my Christmas tree? :D

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Christmas release?? Or prior ro Xmas release?? :D

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:43 pm

cag1000 wrote:Christmas release?? Or prior ro Xmas release?? :D

Daisuke from Shamrock Arrow is doing his best to get this produced as soon as possible. Just like all vinyl production, there will be delays during the homestretch. I'm used to it and it's definitely part of process at this point. I'm just as anxious as everyone else to get it in my hands but I trust Daisuke to get it done right. Besides, If it came out right before Christmas it would never be nominated for this year's best vinyl and be lost in next year's nomination. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I look at it as a win/win situation. If it comes out before Christmas, I get a present from Santa this year. If it comes out in the new year, I still win because it would be a great way to start off the new year! I will keep everyone up to date though.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:27 pm

Word.
Thanks for the update, man!
It takes as long as it takes.
Really looking forward to seeing how things turn out! :D
Post a reply