ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: A Nag Pa I Root (NAGNAGNAG)

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:38 pm

CopASquatToys wrote:
hellscrape wrote:
kid_miracleman wrote: If not being able to add a 23rd Ollie to your collection causes you to lose sleep at night, I highly suggest you seek professional counseling.

As a clinical psychologist, if you are losing sleep due to sofubi withdrawal, please PM me, and we can set up an appointment at your convenience.

So what's your rate in Jordans yo?

This thread is really getting back to form! Time to pour a drink...he he he...

hellscrape wrote:As a clinical psychologist, if you are losing sleep due to sofubi withdrawal, please PM me, and we can set up an appointment at your convenience.

I think you just hit on a goldmine there bud! PM'ing you now...I need my fix and I can't afford it no more doc...

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:43 pm

CopASquatToys wrote:On the side of the toy maker, this doesn't really apply to Shig Nags or the like, but the smaller guys, the more exposure the better chance of actually selling the things we work so hard to create.

Not trying to be a dick since I actually like your toys, but of course that's the case in a hopelessly oversaturated market where everybody and their mother is making a LIMITED SAWFEWBEE KAIJOO toy.

evom wrote:
kid_miracleman wrote: If not being able to add a 23rd Ollie to your collection causes you to lose sleep at night, I highly suggest you seek professional counseling.

what guy with 22 ollies has you so annoyed? :|

:lol: Brilliant.

Michael Beverage wrote:This thread is really getting back to form! Time to pour a drink...he he he...

Way ahead of you.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:47 pm

hellscrape wrote:

As a clinical psychologist, if you are losing sleep due to sofubi withdrawal, please PM me, and we can set up an appointment at your convenience.

We'll all just walking, talking pages out of DSM-5 around here!

evom wrote:

I was being hyperbolic. It was 15 Ollies. 8)

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:49 pm

bunnyboy wrote:
CopASquatToys wrote:On the side of the toy maker, this doesn't really apply to Shig Nags or the like, but the smaller guys, the more exposure the better chance of actually selling the things we work so hard to create.

Not trying to be a dick since I actually like your toys, but of course that's the case in a hopelessly oversaturated market where everybody and their mother is making a LIMITED SAWFEWBEE KAIJOO toy.

I can understand that completely. It's just hard to see the same toys being bought up for insane prices over and over and over while other great toys are out there to be had and are often overlooked. Now I sound like a whiny blowhard with a chip on my shoulder but I honestly don't, I'm just stating another view. I like this new release I just can't afford it, or any toy for that matter. All of my cash goes to making these things.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:57 pm

CopASquatToys wrote: All of my cash goes to making these things.

Well, if it's any consolation you make some of the cooler gaijinfubi around.

Wilson represent! Sofubi manna arises from the ashes of a sorry, nondescript southern town devoid of taste or culture!

(EDIT: I grew up there, and have full rights to trash it).

Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:01 pm

CopASquatToys wrote:
bunnyboy wrote:

I can understand that completely. It's just hard to see the same toys being bought up for insane prices over and over and over while other great toys are out there to be had and are often overlooked. Now I sound like a whiny blowhard with a chip on my shoulder but I honestly don't, I'm just stating another view. I like this new release I just can't afford it, or any toy for that matter. All of my cash goes to making these things.

Don't take it personally. Christ, Mr. Brainwash pieces were selling like hotcakes despite the fact he was basically introduced in a documentary as a "look how ridiculous you idiots are, you'll pay out the nose for shitty Andy Warhol knock-offs" piss take. The flip ratio was downright funny (at its peak I'd say about 40% of his pieces were bought for flipping exclusively). At a certain point people are buying status symbols, not art.

I'll take a single piece from Skinner, MVH, or Paul Kaiju over an army of "these nags cost as much as a mortgage payment because he spends 4 hours per eye" bullshit.

And this is coming from a guy that likes nags too.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:01 pm

Michael Beverage wrote:
CopASquatToys wrote: All of my cash goes to making these things.

Well, if it's any consolation you make some of the cooler gaijinfubi around.

Wilson represent! Sofubi manna arises from the ashes of a sorry, nondescript southern town devoid of taste or culture!

(EDIT: I grew up there, and have full rights to trash it).

Yeah it's a shithole and I'm trying to head back to VA as soon as possible. 8) My wife's job was transferred to Raleigh and we fell in love with a mid century modern house in Wilson of all places.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:23 pm

CopASquatToys wrote:It's just hard to see the same toys being bought up for insane prices over and over and over while other great toys are out there to be had and are often overlooked.

Oh, I agree 100%. Guess it just goes to show that most of the hype around certain lines is based mostly on herd instinct rather than actual enthusiasm for toys.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Hahaha how in the hell did Ollie come into this. Keep him out of this mess !

Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:03 pm

Ugh. This thread sucks most of the time. Where's that guy from Indonesia? I want to dikride without the self-loathing. :lol:

Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:57 pm

This looks like a Saku paint app if you ask me and I could only imagine how many spray masks this toy requires.

I'm betting Shig is just helping promote him.

That price tag is easily justified to help an indi artist pay off paying a top notch sculpter, wax ,molds, and spray masks ( which probably cost more than wax and molds together)

I just hope this doesn't turn into a nagnagnag toy where it's only sold in amounts of 10 for ungodly prices every time. O and all the drama and childish bullshit that comes with it. Because I'd love to try and buy one over the next 5 years lol.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:22 pm

evom wrote:

Werd? Cause it ain't me, and if you're referring to me, I've stopped stressing over this hobby long ago... So much show that I focus mostly on just 2 artists, and every now and then go out of that zone for a pitstop for a release or 2, besides that... Focused on a 2 lane road.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:25 pm

Rich wrote:This looks like a Saku paint app if you ask me and I could only imagine how many spray masks this toy requires.

I'm betting Shig is just helping promote him.

That price tag is easily justified to help an indi artist pay off paying a top notch sculpter, wax ,molds, and spray masks ( which probably cost more than wax and molds together)

I just hope this doesn't turn into a nagnagnag toy where it's only sold in amounts of 10 for ungodly prices every time. O and all the drama and childish bullshit that comes with it. Because I'd love to try and buy one over the next 5 years lol.

Get off Skullbrain you, and get busy making my 24th Ollie.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:18 am

:lol: Can we get back to nag or this new dude as its being promo'd on shigs site... No need to derail it bringing other toy makers into a debate... If it continues to derail it will be yet another thread locked down lol

Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:56 am

This toy should probably have its own thread, now...

Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:03 am

I've got some Nag news to get this thread back on track... :) should have something up on instagram over the next couple of days

Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:11 am

This thread was never really on track. What's even new with Nags? Recarveing the same sculpts? :wink:

Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:12 am

eckotyper wrote::lol: Can we get back to nag or this new dude as its being promo'd on shigs site... No need to derail it bringing other toy makers into a debate... If it continues to derail it will be yet another thread locked down lol

I think this thread gets just about the most latitude for derailment of any on Skullbrain. :lol: As long as we aren't making physical threats against each other (a la pointy ass rings).

But yes, point taken eckotyper.

Back to the Nags.

Hopefully Glenn has some good news about his awesome Nag artwork.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:42 pm

Haven't had a peek in here since August. Good times. Thanks, kids! See you come summer.

Oh, before I forget --- has any derail here lasted long enough that an entire page goes by without a mention of the N word? Let's make that a goal!

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:11 am

Prints Glenn????? :))

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:39 pm

Wearable prints for sure! I'll put up some info on instagram later today.. these are official, I got the ok from the man himself

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:16 pm

^^^ Whoa those are great!! Congrats!

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Another reason being a fat bastard. You can't get stuff like that in your size.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:19 am

Aahhh I'm sorry! We tried to source some larger shirts but we didn't have much luck.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:19 am

The line work and attention to detail is on point!
Post a reply