ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Hirota Saigansho: Gorilla-ju, Mecha Gorilla-ju, & Tyrann

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:54 pm

Great shots Ian. Thanks for the additional photos. The Kraken is such a beautiful sculpt. Do I see a bung hole on the Kraken or is that just me? lol

Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:36 pm

Such great colors.
Congrats on the score. Looks much better than the TRex for sure.
Thanks for the pics!

Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:01 pm

Very tactile toy.
Meaning the bumps and texture makes me want to run my hands over it unlike the clean lines of other sculpts.
The curve of the neck for some reason reminds me of Biskup's Dragamel without the tire tubes.
Looks to me, to be the same blue vinyl base as the 2013 unpainted King Gorilla-Ju.
Really wish there was an omake sailor or native to place in his mouth. That would have been killer.
One is enough. I probably wouldn't collect another, especially after landing the first release, unlike some other sculpts.
Finally, 270,000円 (税込), really? W.T.F.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:28 pm

it is indeed the same blue as king ju unpainted...

im loving him, and yes this is probably one for me that i need one, not more.

I don't think the omake would do too well... i played with the alien from king ju... it can fit in his mouth but awkwardly... i think the sculpt would be mainly top heavy and want to fall this way.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Looks like an omake figure (squishy vinyl) from a Mecha Gorilla-ju will fit in his mouth without toppling the toy.
Sweet. A Mecha can only hold one omake so he can hold a missile while finding a new home for the banzai soldier.

Mon May 16, 2016 9:23 pm

Mon May 16, 2016 10:19 pm

seems like I always miss the notifications by about 24hrs.. a ninja I am not

:cry:

Tue May 17, 2016 2:03 am

I have a feeling my emails are dropping in his spam folder to be forever lost from his sight.

Im sure the nerds who # blog pics before the drops, on ig doesnt help either..

I'll keep on entering though.

:)

congrats liquid sky!
Last edited by Mecha on Tue May 17, 2016 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue May 17, 2016 9:01 am

Omakes getting their own packaging is a nice touch.

Although I didn't get lucky, hopefully we'll continue to see the King Gorilla pins showing up.

They are very cool, and hope to score one down the line.

Tue May 17, 2016 9:16 am

The marbled omakes = :shock: . they are really nice.
Congrats to the winners & looking forward to some great pics !

Wed May 18, 2016 7:48 pm

HxS lightning has not struck for me in years. Maybe next time.... Still waiting for my first King. Congrats to the winners, looking forward to seeing photos!

Sat May 21, 2016 1:41 am

The latest blog post from Hirota:

キングゴリラ獣にたくさんの
ご応募ありがとうございました。

最近は裏切られる事も多かったですが
喜んで頂ける良いお客さんも増えてきて
嬉しく思います。
中々メールの返信は出来ませんが
カッコイイ画像送ってくれて
ありがとうございます。
順次載せていきます。

次も宜しくお願い致します。

"Thank you for the many entries for King Gorilla Ju.
Lately I've been betrayed a lot, but I'm delighted by the increase in customers who are great people that humble me with their happiness."

He then goes on to say that there are a lot of pictures from people and he hasn't replied to them all but he's going to post more next.

Have to say, the first bit about betrayed is intriguing.

Sat May 21, 2016 2:55 am

I would take it more as a positive comment. In that, despite the ever-present flipping/hot commodity trading - that we have come to accept as part of the game - which disappoints him, understandably*, he is actually very happy to see that good folks are appreciating his toys for what they are, which I think is why he is in this in the first place, and he quite likes seeing people's photos and hearing feedback. It's just about love of great toys after all.

* You can't really fault him for being upset. I think Hirota-san's nature and the way he has handled all of his sudden fame and toy releases speaks to the fact that this wasn't foreseen, and isn't why he does it. His constant 'warnings', making every attempt to curb it, and doing his damnedest to satisfy the [many] needs of the masses, is a sign of the efforts he puts in to trying to make this just about the toys, and see people get them who will be happy and enjoy them. In this, I think he is quite different from certain other 'hyped' makers out there. I quite appreciate his honesty and desire to see everyone pleased, while sharing his craft and love; which we know is inevitably impossible.

Sat May 21, 2016 3:51 am

Definitely a positive. Just wonder what he means by that, if it's really about resellers or not. I've never met him but I can tell he really hustles and loves his craft.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Yes, Hirota Saigansho definitely loves his craft. I can't describe in words or take pics that make justice to these guys... I'm very grateful to enjoy the brutal King Gorilla Ju smashing Sugar Loaf Mountain for the first time in Rio!

Congratulations to the HxS raffle winners: a fantastic orange color for this beast, and omake marbled color combos!!!

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:55 pm

congrats on the win Ana!

Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:11 pm

Congrats Ana! All of the Stretch Monsters from this run are awesome.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Loving the eye-popping orange on yours Ana. Congrats!

Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:08 am

Ana! Hi! Super nice. Happy for you!

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:42 pm

^ Thank you, guys!!! xo xo xo xo

I literally jumped off my seat when I saw HxS email because I was dreaming of a King Gorilla Ju!...

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:50 pm

cyberann wrote:^ Thank you, guys!!! xo xo xo xo

I literally jumped off my seat when I saw HxS email because I was dreaming of a King Gorilla Ju!...

You didn't hurt yourself doing that did you? LOL

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:59 pm

^ No, I didn't hurt myself because I fell on Itamu's lap... Nothing like having a HxS mecha beast around! :P

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:09 pm

cyberann wrote:^ No, I didn't hurt myself because I fell on Itamu's lap... Nothing like having a HxS mecha beast around! :P

LMFAO!!! It must have been pillow soft than! X'D
Post a reply