ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: CCP (Masudaya Reissue) Spectreman Database

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Got my Dustman & Kuruma ni kurasu yesterday. They are both really great with nice variations from CCP's reissue from 2002. I love the blue color they used for Dustman's vinyl.

Dustman has a nice shadowy rendering and funny metallic tongue. Kuruma ni kurasu has some minor paint variation.
They also did a new header design, with some respect to the original version.

Medicom on the left

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:58 pm

Awesome, really nice to see the comparison shot of them side-by-side. It was hard to know the specific changes from the earlier release.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:40 pm

Just got my Dustman from Joe---got excited when I got it in hand. Lovin' the rub.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:18 am

Nice pic Jay. Congrats !

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:22 am

Thanks! :)

So, this rub and the blue one in your photos were released around the same time?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:51 am

The one you've got is last year's 40th anniversary reissue.

The other one dates from the first masudaya reissue by CCP, back in 2001-2002. They also released the green version at the time.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:08 am

^Thanks so much!

Got to find that green and red!

Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:53 am

A couple of new re-issues coming from the great folks at Medicom. Really happy to see this Nezubirdon come out. Now to see about getting delivery to overseas.

Last day to get in on these excellent guys!

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:17 am

I ordered Nezubirdon. I've been after the cream for ages but the blue is not bad at all. They are delivering overseas, shipping late March. :wink:

Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:57 pm

The blue Nezu looks amazing, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Maybe the best 40th anniversary rerelease so far with Bakura !

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:32 pm

Thanks for alerting this, ultrakaiju. Didn't realize that Medicom continued with more Spectreman kaijus.

But my money went to Tiger Mask!

Hopefully the Nezbirdon run is sizable enough to pick them up later on the 2nd market. It looks great!

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Yeah, I am happy to see these keep coming out too. The run should be a fair size I expect, I like the way Medicom is handling them, with the long pre-orders and making them [somewhat] available to folks outside Japan. So hopefully you shouldn't have too much issue. I do expect though that most of the non-Japanese fans buying are more fans though, and might hold on to them a bit longer, but ya never know.

I still can't understand how (or why) I passed up on the earlier Dustman; well, I was saving up for a vintage one that was within my grasp for so long, and then it ended up slipping through my fingers. I'll never forgive myself for that one. Never.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:17 am

UK, the Dustman pops up for sale from time to time, usually the blue or green (CCP versions). Never can tell whay they will go for though, usually 8000 yen or under...

Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:07 pm

I just got the 40th anniversary Medicom Bakura !
I love how they chose a vinyl color close to the "original" design. And they colored the vein on the wings at the back for further detail.

(second on the left)

Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Wow! What a find! Congrats, O!

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:26 am

The new Medicom Blue Nezubirdon is the deepest blue you could possibly image. So glad I pre ordered this (pics don't do it justice):

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:31 am

I was kind of hesitant to grab it because I've already got the cream colored one. With that being said, I decided to go for it since he's one of my all time favorite kaiju. I can't wait!

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:33 am

Damn Lixx, that thing is awesome.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:52 am

That is damn awesome Lixx. I am happy that some of these made it to appreciating fans on this board. Real kaiju forever! Looks like I am SOL for my Medicom order :cry: but at least I can enjoy your great pics.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:06 pm

got sorta fucked out of the one I thought I had... I'll find one eventually

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:33 am

Lixx wrote:The new Medicom Blue Nezubirdon is the deepest blue you could possibly image. So glad I pre ordered this (pics don't do it justice):

Got mine today and just noticed mine has dark silver feet rather than gold.
Or is it an effect of the flash on your pic ?

Anyway, it's amazing in hand. I LOVE this blue version. Wish they had been as wild with the other releases.

I got the gokino too and I'll try to post pics later.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:57 am

Here is mine, notice the difference on the feet (definitively not the flash). I have great difficulties getting the right blue in the photo...

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:03 pm

got any image from the back?

plasticXO wrote:I just got the 40th anniversary Medicom Bakura !
I love how they chose a vinyl color close to the "original" design. And they colored the vein on the wings at the back for further detail.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:02 pm

plasticXO wrote:Got mine today and just noticed mine has dark silver feet rather than gold.
Or is it an effect of the flash on your pic ?

My bird's feet are not gold I think that's just the lighting in the room. It was really hard to capture the blue. It's a deep bright danish blue color.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:07 pm

Nezubirdon looks really sharp in blue. Reminds me of the blue that Marusan used for some of its later unlicensed figures. Very nice.
Post a reply