ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: skull head butt B-movie space monsters of greatness

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

bansheebot wrote:Accidentally bought the wrong one in my excitement (haha, derp, bought Star X instead of Mutant X -- If you got that and want to trade, please do let me know).

Still, super glad to be able to score. This kind of makes up for losing out on three lotteries I really wanted lately.

try hitting up grumble and see if they can fix it for you

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:10 pm

coma21 wrote:try hitting up grumble and see if they can fix it for you

Already did that -- It sold before Chris read my e-mail.
Last edited by bansheebot on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:12 pm

mutant X vinyl from x-plus that i have:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:12 pm

bansheebot wrote:
coma21 wrote:
bansheebot wrote:try hitting up grumble and see if they can fix it for you

Already did that -- It sold before Chris read my e-mail.

that sucks man i'm sorry i went with robo kong or i would totally trade you

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Wish there were more of the grey robokong that was up earlier...or at least wish I saved a picture of it.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:17 pm

So there were other colors up earlier ?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Crap. Looks like I missed out on some fun.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:19 pm

coma21 wrote:that sucks man i'm sorry i went with robo kong or i would totally trade you

Haha, thanks. Hopefully whoever got it wants Star X instead, but I won't hold my breath. Still, rad toys nonetheless.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:19 pm

I really cant afford any, but I'm going to get 1, now the big question is, Space X, or Robo Kong.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:21 pm

or did you? ...

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Dang which one of you bastards bought up that bright green Space X? That's the one I really wanted, but was already sold out so I picked up the darker Space X.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:22 pm

I would toss a coin.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:23 pm

I was having a really hard time deciding on one but I think SpaceX is going to look fantastic in green glitter!
I am super excited to have one of these on the way!

JoeMan wrote:Dang which one of you bastards bought up that bright green Space X? That's the one I really wanted, but was already sold out so I picked up the darker Space X.

HA same shit I said ,out loud though :)

Rich, just a few. I think there was a green mutantx, brown astrokong, and the grey robokong. I might be forgetting 1 or 2. I think these sold out, or were already sold out when I 1st checked.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:26 pm

animator wrote:Rich, just a few. I think there was a green mutantx, brown astrokong, and the grey robokong. I might be forgetting 1 or 2. I think these sold out, or were already sold out when I 1st checked.

Ahhh cool, well at least there wasnt all three in that green or I would have lost it.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Rich wrote:
animator wrote:Rich, just a few. I think there was a green mutantx, brown astrokong, and the grey robokong. I might be forgetting 1 or 2. I think these sold out, or were already sold out when I 1st checked.

Ahhh cool, well at least there wasnt all three in that green or I would have lost it.

The grey robokong was enough for me to lose it.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:30 pm

animator wrote:
Rich wrote:

The grey robokong was enough for me to lose it.

:lol:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:33 pm

that robokong period the second i saw that sculpt i felt like wayne "it will be mine... oh yes it will be mine"

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Judging from the photo, only Star X, Mutant X and Space X are in that green color. Are they the newest versions? I hadn't seen those yet.

While I think black vinyl certainly works for these guys, being cray cray space monsters and all, I am personally not a fan of it in general. That green is killer though.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:02 pm

bansheebot wrote:Judging from the photo, only Star X, Mutant X and Space X are in that green color. Are they the newest versions? I hadn't seen those yet.

Those were the versions before the Superfest glitter ones.

slipstar01 wrote:I really cant afford any, but I'm going to get 1, now the big question is, Space X, or Robo Kong.

Both are cool, but all of the "X"s are cooler to me then the Kongs, but only slightly.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:09 pm

I like these dark paint schemes very sinister they go well with the sculpts. But agree I'd like to see amore colorful release.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:18 pm

animator wrote:Wish there were more of the grey robokong that was up earlier...or at least wish I saved a picture of it.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:19 pm

I got the e-mail, but way too late to catch any of these. That Robokong is really awesome looking. It's nice to see SHB releasing these great figures lately - I have some of their older Monster Q figs and they're a lot of fun too. Hopefully GT will get some more of these someday...

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:25 pm

living dead wrote:
animator wrote:Wish there were more of the grey robokong that was up earlier...or at least wish I saved a picture of it.

sigh :(
Post a reply