ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Utsugiyo

Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:07 am

I guess it might just be where I live then, or I just had a run of incredibly bad luck (which, knowing me, I also should not be surprised at); but yeah, I learned in my short time here that anything of value should be delivered to a work address if possible (now if only I had a job!).

Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:53 am

ultrakaiju wrote:Image

It was this very picture that sparked my initial interest in Utsugiyo a few years back -- I was blown away by the sculpts and colors on that table and needed to know more. While I don't normally go for toys with such limited paint applications, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to grab this guy when he came up for sale recently.

It's kind of crazy to me how well a minimal paint job looks on such an intensely detailed sculpt.

Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:18 am

Nice version Jason. I'm hoping we'll see a release of the two-headed dragon (Doguro?) soon.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:54 am

phantomfauna wrote:Nice version Jason. I'm hoping we'll see a release of the two-headed dragon (Doguro?) soon.

I'm right there with you!! I havnt been as excited as I am for a release in a long time as I am for the Dogura! The wait is killing me! I inquired about it not to long ago and was told "soon" lol but it's been a while since that.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:51 am

finger crossed :evil:
Love the sculpt and color. A contender for 2016 best toy!

Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:13 am

hate the hair , and the price is pretty up there. hopefully one without hair is released later

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:44 pm

Totally agree, I have not been as excited for a release in a long time and this guy is absolutely amazing but I almost wish it stayed like the teaser pics showed I could do without the hair.

Nevertheless I am beyond pumped with anticipation of hopefully being able to snag one of these. Impeccable top notch work! Really is a stunning toy.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:12 am

Mail sent :)

Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:06 am

The only way I can describe this is- Japanese art expressed in the form of sofubi! Detailed, intricate, top-notch! I'm eager to see how the packaging is going to be like too!

Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:41 pm

:( heart broken, gave my hopes up way to long ago for this guy.

Huge congrats to any board members that one. Please don't post any pics as I will be extremely fucking jealous lol but in all seriousness hope to see a bunch of amazing pics of this beauty. Super excited to see what the packaging looks like as well.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:08 pm

michael wrote:hate the hair , and the price is pretty up there. hopefully one without hair is released later

I don't mind the hair per se, but I dislike how flat the beard lies. If I owned one I'd have to have a quick braiding sesh.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:16 pm

bbb wrote:
michael wrote:hate the hair , and the price is pretty up there. hopefully one without hair is released later

I don't mind the hair per se, but I dislike how flat the beard lies. If I owned one I'd have to have a quick braiding sesh.

I wish the beard was shorter for sure and messier. Just can't see a two headed dragon keeping such a nicley combed beard lol

Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:35 pm

Flying is a form of blow drying.

I like this toy a lot. I won't start collecting these since it's just about impossible. It looks like a lot of fun to play with.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:49 am

I like the way Utsugiyo paint the bloody mouth.
Details of the sculpt is amazing and color is perfect.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:17 am

sancx33 wrote:I like the way Utsugiyo paint the bloody mouth.

Geez! You sound like a foul mouth toy collector :lol:

Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:59 am

Amazing!!! And I wish the header was made into a poster.
Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:00 am

Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:44 am

So GOOD!! :shock:

Congrats to both of you!! ^^^

Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:20 am

Insanely tight paint on this one... I don't dig the long goatee on the one head (LOVE the hair used as "smoke" on the other), but damn... gorgeous colors, beautifully applied.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:53 pm

ungawa222 wrote:Insanely tight paint on this one... I don't dig the long goatee on the one head (LOVE the hair used as "smoke" on the other), but damn... gorgeous colors, beautifully applied.

Totally agree, the smoke is so much better than the beard... plus love the ninjas, very nice addition.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:54 pm

If only they kept it clean without the nose hair and goatee, but that's my personnel preference, a great piece to have nonetheless. Congrats to the winners. :D

Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:30 pm

Loooove this guy! Dont mind the hair at all. His stumpy arms are great too.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:32 pm

Does anyone know if they are ever going to do another run of the Moon Dog? Probably my most wanted figure, and I didn't win it the last time around, much to my distress.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:12 pm

SpeedofLife wrote:Does anyone know if they are ever going to do another run of the Moon Dog? Probably my most wanted figure, and I didn't win it the last time around, much to my distress.

I hear ya man, I'm in the same boat except I say that with each release no matter the toy because there all spectacular!!

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:50 am

How often do these guys do a new release? I finally have the " A Trip to the Moon"-inspired Oozeball, Longneck, and SkullHeadButt toys, so all I need is the "Moondog" to complete the set. Everyday I hope to hear news of new drop, but there's been nothing in a while...
Post a reply