ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Utsugiyo

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:02 pm

Man, I'm really digging that Snake Villain dude. Reminds me of Frenzy doing IluIlu.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:30 pm

http://jungle-scs.co.jp/index_j.cgi?action=event0008

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:45 pm

fak! that geebo is exactly the color I was hoping for. I must make a kaiju offering for the toy gods so that they may be pleased and bless me with this odd snake man figure.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Vombie wrote:fak! that geebo is exactly the color I was hoping for. I must make a kaiju offering for the toy gods so that they may be pleased and bless me with this odd snake man figure.

This toy is truly nuts... love the colors on this one, and this shot is the first where I've noticed that he has one snake-head hand!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:57 pm

I love this toys....near iluilu stile.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:59 pm

I love this toys....near iluilu stile.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:00 pm

saying it twice doesn't really help to drive your point home

:wink:

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:26 pm

666doll wrote:saying it twice doesn't really help to drive your point home

:wink:

...maybe three times is better! :lol:
...twice post was a mistake :roll:

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:37 pm

ye, these are great

Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Shhhh the hype monster will hear us...

Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:50 pm

:lol:
Grizlli wrote:Shhhh the hype monster will hear us...

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:46 pm

dedoperucelli wrote:...twice post was a mistake :roll:

obviously

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:03 pm

I don't understand the appeal of these.

Just saying...

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:19 pm

The bird guy with the cape looks great. Snake man not so much, it's a little too plain? I want to like the Twiljin, but the gid and those colors haven't sold me yet.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:03 pm

I love the bird guy. The bird guy triggers thoughts of Charactics Walder and invader vinyls. I think the reason I like the bird guy so much is because he seems kind of like a mini vinyl eagle man. The other 2 I don't like as much, but they look very well done.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:18 pm

For sale today at the show in Oasaka, my friend went late and they were still all available. Sounds like two color ways for the bird and snake figures, not sure if two versions for the two headed guy as I wasnt looking to get them.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Kinda surprised that they didn't sell out right away, but I honestly would be shocked to hear if anything was left towards the end. Even if people don't know what they are, I think they are just sweet vinyl with mass appeal. Had a buddy going to the show, but wasn't able to arrange a pick-up for one. Anyways, I'll let it get back to the regularly scheduled hypebeast taking over.

ungawa222 wrote:Twiljin is blowing my mind... every time you think you've seen it all...

Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:25 pm

^^
Ha..and then she takes off her clothes. I love Extras.
Not a fan of these toys though. I can see why people would like them but they don't do anything for me personally.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:33 am

Last edited by andy on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:44 am

andy wrote:I was there and they sold out in seconds. The show was chaotic, and it looked like 4-5 people up at the front scooped up all of the stock he brought over. The figures left out on the table for the duration of the show were display only.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=hzg24Xuv ... v66o&gl=GB

Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:06 am

Last edited by andy on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:27 am

Yeah, I got a call way later that they were sold out but he was taking orders for people that weren't able to get them at the event.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:11 pm

that's nice of him

new toys need love

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:13 am

does anyone have these guys yet (so I can PM the sh*t out of you)???
love to see some pics.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:38 pm

I really like these guys. They have a weird Kaiju/Yokai vibe to them along with a fun retro sofubi look.
Paint jobs look beautifully done as well.
Last edited by onibaba5 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post a reply